Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2019, 10:08 PM   #1

35IK grief

Got a 2018 35IK and went to move it today and noticed water leaking from the belly pan where the fresh water drain and the wires for the electric brakes poke through. I figure this doesn’t look good.

So after pulling 4 belly panels off and removing the silver foil stuff and sopping wet insulation I notice it wet where the sink drains into the top of the tank.
So I fill the galley Grey water tank and notice this is where the water is leaking from. Now normally I don’t wait for my tanks to get this full before draining but the odd time it happens. This must have been leaking from day one.

Now I put a hose clamp around the rubber flange that holds the pvc drain pipe in the tank. Hopefully that will stop any weeping of Grey water if the tank fills to the top.

Tomorrow I try and stuff some new insulation underneath and get the belly panels back on.
The heater strip on the fresh water tank is half unglued. Ugh.

It’s really disappointing to see the mess of wires and hoses and overall poor quality of workmanship underneath.

Thanks forest river!
upnover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #2

It not just FR there is a reason for the coroplast on the bottom of new rigs from all makers. Saves a ton of labor not having to tie things up and makes for a great selling feature you know better gas milage and winter protection. Glad you found your problem and were able to fix it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote