Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #1

35IK Mods

We have just purchased a 2019 35IK that will be delivered in a few weeks and were wondering about any Mods to the bedroom TV as it appears not to have a Blu Ray or DVD player. Have any of you added one? If so how. Also has anyone added cabinets to either side of the TV?
Also in the living room it appears that the entertainment system has only a DVD player, has anyone added a Blu Ray player? Thanks in advance.
boomer116ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:57 AM   #2

35Ik

Congrats on the new unit. We have the same one, picked it up in January. I was thinking the same thing with adding some additional storage in the bedroom. I’ve got a piece of the panel that I cut out for the solar controller that I will use to get the stain matched.
As for adding the blu ray wouldn’t you just buy a small player and use the HDMI input?
upnover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #3

In the living area if there is a cabinet for an additional Blu Ray player yes that would work if there was also an HDMI input available. In the bedroom I do not see any place to put the Blu Ray player. Do you find the expense of the solar panel worth it?
boomer116ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 10:22 AM   #4

I opted for 200 watts of solar vs a small genset. We went with the residential fridge option in the Silverback as we see ourselves mostly in rv parks with hookups. The solar is just to buy us some time in case we are not able to hookup to shore power for a few days. I haven’t had a chance yet to install the panel to see how it will work out.
upnover is offline   Reply With Quote