Old 12-24-2015, 07:56 AM   #11

dalford,

The purpose of the remote control module is to facilitate the use of the "FOB" or what most of us refer to as a remote. The FOB has buttons to operate the slides, the awning, the patio/step/inside light as well as the leveling jacks remotely. The control module terminates wiring for those various functions and as such, when there is a problem "electronically" with the board it affects the ability to operate slides in and out, the light off and on, jacks up and down, etc. By correctly "wiring around" the offending electronic problem, you are able to work those functional operations manually through available switches.

I know that there were some changes in the last couple of years regarding FOB operations and now the FOB does not control all jacks, just the front jacks. Additionally, some of the new light functions have been added. I suppose if you were inclined, you could wire around all of the remote functions and just operate all functions manually (through available switches) I'm not sure how that would be done for all functions, but currently I am wired around for the patio light operation and the slide operation. As I mentioned in a previous post, this is my second control module, the first was replaced under warranty and this one I am paying for myself. If I experience future problems, I will explore the total wire around solution.

2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:18 PM   #12

I have a38fl that has a similar problem,the only way I can get my slides to work is to swap the brown and white wires on the solenoid. Have to swap to slide in and the. Swap to slide out,seems like the white wire has no voltage coming out of it to the solenoid,and ideas

Old 12-31-2015, 03:01 PM   #13

I have had a issue in the past when dealing with the hydraulics. I found that there is a circuit breaker that was tripped. If you look into the front basement compartment, behind the panel, you will see what looks like a copper buss bar. Near the top of this copper bar, there is a circuit breaker behind it that the wires for the hydraulics are connected to. The circuit breaker reset button can be felt on the left side near the top. If you can feel the button, it is tripped. Just press the button. I am not saying this is the problem but rather a potential solution.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:32 AM   #14

I replaced the remote module with a new one from ATC ($218.54) and changed all of my "wire around" solutions back to the original configuration. Everything works correctly now.
2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:20 AM   #15

That is great news! Enjoy!

Crew/6.5 Bed
Pullrite Superglide
Duramax/Allison
Busybeavers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic