Old 12-22-2015, 01:21 PM   #1

36 CKTS Hydraulic Problems, Help!

I just tried to retract our slides and they would not retract. The hydraulic motor runs fine and will work the level-up system. The weather is warm 71 degrees. There is the same amount of fluid as we have always had there are no leaks. The 12 volt system is putting out the correct voltage level. It seems that there is a valve that has cut off the flow of the fluid to and from the slides. All three of the slide hydraulic switches in the open position and I have tried them in all open and closed, two open one closed, one open two closed, etc. and nothing works. Its almost like the slides are locked in place. We have never had any issue with the slides before, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 02:18 PM   #2

We have a CC 38CK. Inside the coach, at the control panel we have an off switch for the slides. This is in addition to the slide in/out button. Do you have one, if so is it turned to on? Outside at the hydraulic station we have a large white button next to the pump motor, was told if we had a problem to turn that switch on. Maybe try that. Where are you located now, still in Jacksonville? Are you near General RV off 295, I used them in the past.

btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:12 PM   #3

Bob,
Thanks for your reply. The switch at the control panel is on and I have tried to use the white switch at the pump and I got the same results. Subsequent to my post, I checked the power at the slide solenoid and there was none when any slide button is actuated or when using the remote. If I apply power to the solenoid and actuate the switch the slides operate properly. I think the problem is with the remote module I have already replaced the module once and subsequently the section for the inside/outside porch and step light stopped working and needed to be wired around. I am going to contact ATC, Inc. the company who supplies the remote package and discuss it with them.

I live in north of Jacksonville and have not tried General RV. I've used Dick Gore's RV since they are close to us, but I'm not really satisfied with the work they do. If we need some future work, I'll contact General. Thanks
Old 12-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #4

OK, I just contacted ATC and they said the remote control module is defective so I ordered another one ($200.00) which will be here after the first of the year. In the meantime, I will connect the slide solenoid to 12VDC through a switch, so I can operate the sides then turn the solenoid off to keep them in place.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:12 PM   #5

If this a Lippert System there may also be what is called an OEM Interrupt Ckt between the solenoid and the 12V supply. Another user on this site had a problem with that device. Might want to trace the 12V back from the solenoid. I found it on my CC 33IK. It looks like a terminal strip but if you look closely the 12V one running to the solenoid is isolated. Worth a look...

Look on pg 10 at the block diagram on this troubleshooting guide..

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...ting_Guide.pdf

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:08 PM   #6

Two power breakers in front behind the plastic cover, cover opens from right, if one of them has tripped it will cause this problem. Push them in to reset, my sides did the same thing on our 36 CKTS and that's all I had to do. Also if your fluid level is low it will cause breaker to trip make sue you check level with sides IN.
2014 F350 / 2015 CC 36 CKTS
Days Camping 2014-96, 2015-130, 2016-126, 2017-42 and counting
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:32 AM   #7

Thanks guys, I have identified the problem to the remote control module, where the solenoid wire attaches. It is not supplying power to the solenoid to open the valve. The fuses, circuit breakers, etc. are all good . The manufacturer of the remote control module verified it is malfunctioning and I have ordered another to replace the defective unit.
Old 12-23-2015, 01:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkrun View Post
Thanks guys, I have identified the problem to the remote control module, where the solenoid wire attaches. It is not supplying power to the solenoid to open the valve. The fuses, circuit breakers, etc. are all good . The manufacturer of the remote control module verified it is malfunctioning and I have ordered another to replace the defective unit.
I am having the exact problem. I had to unplug the brown wire from the slide solenoid and make a jumper wire to the battery to get my slides in. I touch the jumper to the battery when I use the in/out slide switch (located in the battery compartment) and take the jumper wire off when I let go of the slide switch.

No help though if I want to move the slides from inside the camper.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #9

The remote control module Elkrun refers to is the component I was referring to in the troubleshooting guide I attached to my earlier post. In that it is called an OEM Interrupt Circuit.

Does anyone know the exact purpose for this component? More than one poster has bypassed the mystery interrupt. I don't understand "remote control module" as I haven't heard anyone say they are using a remote to operate slides? I'm just curious as to this parts purpose and function. They should call it a "Mystery Fuse" as there is no way to reset it and many users seem to bypass it until they get a replacement. If me, I would be tempted to just replace it with a wire...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 05:45 PM   #10

Mine has a switch next to the in-out switch. It just interrupts the power to the in-out switch in case it gets stuck. I leave it off when not using the slide switch.

Tags
hydraulic