Old 06-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #11

Owners 36b4 questions

Like Textman we went with the loaded unit and have loved it since day one, very few quality issues until our March trip to Myrtle Beach when I found a few small cracks in the front cap. After 2 pictures sent to Forrest River they replaced the entire front cap under warrenty. Believe me these were hairline cracks and I was shocked they replaced what they did, got camper back in 7 days and we are looking foward to our next tirp to Pigeon Forge in 4 weeks.

Old 06-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #12
Full Timer

Pitcrew18 do you know why the front cap got the cracks?

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #13

Not sure where the cracks came from however Forest River was really good at making repairs I did get the extended warranty and it was all covered under that. The dealer said he has never seen one do that on a Cedar Creek so I am assuming something went wrong in the manufacturing process.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #14

Ok 36B4 owners, I have a few questions...lol. We just arrived home with our 2014 CC 36B4. Our rig has the Cedar Creek Explorer Package and I don't see any Blue Ray Player, CD with IPod/IPhone cradle, home theater sound bar, subwoofer or rear electric jacks. It does have the 6 point level up. I didn't notice the video items missing during my walk thru. I did ask about the rear jacks and I was told they don't put them on with the 6 point level up system. When we stopped for the first night the coach moves a lot with the kids in the bunk walking around. I want the rear jacks, they would help a lot. I did call the dealer and he hasn't called me back. So my questions, do you have rear jacks? Do you have the explorer package? What are the soft vinyl storm doors? We have only a screen door. Is the dvd hidden somewhere in the coach? I know I should be asking my dealer, but I wanted some info from another 36B4 owner. Just venting sorry. Thanks
Old 07-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #15

We picked up our 2014 36B4 on 7/1 and ours was also missing a few items. We noticed them on walk-thru and brought them up to the dealer who at first said that he would find out about them thru Cedar Creek and have them sent to us. Once we arrived home (we drove 10 hours to pick it up), he emailed to say that it would probably be best if I made contact with them to complain about the missing items and I so far, they haven't returned my calls. We're missing the Blu-ray player, CD with IPOD/IPhone cradle, home theatre sound bar, subwoofer. Don't know about the electric jacks but we felt like this new camper was more stable than our old one with the 6-point level up system. We also have the explorer package and the 2013 brochure and the Cedar Creek website say that the camper includes all of these things. Our camper does have the soft vinyl storm doors which is the vinyl inside the screen door. If you're missing those, you need to get them because they allow you to keep the screen door open without losing heat/cooling. Another thing that we noticed was that the outdoor kitchen had been remodeled and they now include an attachable grill instead of a 2 burner stove. We preferred the two-burner stove because we already have a large portable grill. Just something else that it would have been nice to know about. So far, we really like our 36B4 but like you, we were somewhat upset that the coach was missing these things. We're still pursuing them and just so you know, I do intend to get them especially since they're still advertising them on their website as being part of the coach.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #16

Thanks for the reply. I called my dealer and he hasn't called back. I'm sure they will find them. I had the 6 point system on my Cardinal that I traded in and it also had the rear electric jacks which made the coach much more stable. My coach was rocking crazy when the kids were walking around. What are the storm doors? I was told by the dealer they are on the door. Are they a glass storm door? I haven't gone completely thru the unit. Hopefully I will be able to answer my own questions...lol. I have the grill also and I have not 1 but 2 coleman portable road trip gas grills. Might start my own grillin camping cooking show. We also drove over 10 hours one way to pick up out 36B4. I hope they take care of this. I also noticed my tv was leaning. I lifted it off the wall and a plastic guard is missing on one of the mounting arms. Not major but something else to get. I do love this unit and can't wait to go camping next week. I would be interested in what they do for you, I'll let you know what my dealer does. Thanks again
Old 07-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
Full Timer

The "storm door" is metal framed vinyl inserts that clip in the screen door. There are two one for the top of the door and one for the bottom. I have never personally seen a rig with the rear jacks and auto level unless the auto level was installed after it was built.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 07-12-2013, 10:46 PM   #18

Thanks for the info. I did find the storm doors. Does your rig move around with the kids in the back? Mine seems to be all over the place. I did see that the rear jacks were part of the explorer package, just want to find out from other B4 owners if they have them with the leveling system. Did you also get the blue ray player system? Mine wasn't found and nobody seems to know what to do...I posted a few questions regarding the stereo system in another forum. I seen that you helped a few other B4 owners with some answers. Again thanks for you help...
Old 07-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #19
Full Timer

I don't have the rear jacks, however mine don't move to bad with the leveling system. Big movements will move the trailer some. Since you have a Jensen radio below the tv with small speakers in the ceiling you have a rig that was built before they started installing the blue ray player and sound bar. The web site and brochure are just a guide. The CC comes with rear jacks but if you get the auto leveling from the factory you don't get the rear jacks.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 07-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #20

Ok now at least I know what not to look for....Thanks for the information. Now to look it over from front to back and maybe I could answer my own questions lol.