Old 06-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #1

36B4 & 35QB4 Owners - a few questions

I think we have narrowed down our choices to several bunkhouse 5th wheels. Two of them being the Cedar Creek 36B4 and the Silverback 35QB4.

I was wondering what the size of the beds are in the bunkhouse?

And if you don't mind, why did you choose the model that you ended up with?

Is there anything that you wish was different about your RV?

Just trying to make sure that I am thinking of everything .

Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

I'm not sure if it is helpful- but we considered one of them in our quest (I don't recall which one it was). But, compared to other campers- I felt like the awning was really far forward - like it wasn't over what I considered the main part of the campsite. With it that forward, I could never figure out where our picnic table would go that it wasn't blocking a door or hatch or something.

I'm sure people figure it out as they have bought and use them- it is just what killed the deal for us. We loved the fit and finish in them, though.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
Full Timer

The awning on the 36b4 is 21' so theres all kinds of places to put the table.
We went with the Cedar Creek , over the Silverback or the other brands because we were fulltiming and wanted the best. If you know the things to look for the Cedar Creek is way ahead of the others. Thats is why it has held up great with no problems.
We built ours with all the options available. The only thing I would do different if done again is not get the outside kitchen, because we didn't ended up using it, and I would have the factory install a 3rd AC. I might not get the full body paint again with the new color the basic one is now.
Bed size is 36 x 73

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Plain Old Member

I had a thread going similar to this one. We're in the same boat deciding between the two. Leaning more towards the cedar creek for full timing. Like mentioned though, no paint job and no outdoor kitchen for us. I asked about the third AC at our local dealer. They said it was just a drop in unit and would not be ducted. Also said only 2 of the 3 units could be run at a time. i take that with a grain of salt, as i know you can run 3 units simultaneously on 50 amp. Its done on motorhomes, but you have to watch your power usage / amperage draw. A 13.5, 15k and 9K will run together. Does anybody have the third AC that can verify ducted or non ducted? A stand alone unit would be fine by me, at least a penguin or similar unit, but at least with a wall t-stat.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Full Timer

I was planning on throwing a 3rd in here within the next month. I was going to do one like in the front where its tied into the ducting or I can open the vent and do a quick duct. the duct is up there where you can tie into it. I have 2- 15k on my rig now and I can run both of them on 30 amps, I turn the hot water heater off, and don't run the microwave. So 50 amp hookup is 100 amps of service so I figure I will have no problem running all three. I wish I could have all three ducted in and no grill in the coach like the rear one they are a whole lot quieter that way

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 06-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
Plain Old Member

We actually like them better with the quick cool vent / interior panel. 1) we like the noise for sleeping 2) makes it way easier to inspect your AC gasket. My tiffin was like the cedar creek in a way. No panel or quick cool vent. 9 intake vents and 9 Cool vents from front to back. Buddy of mine had the same on his tiffin. Didn't know the gasket was leaking till it dumped water out of the AC vent. By then it was in the ceiling. I would still own a RV with the AC set up like the CC, but just sharing points I don't like about them. I still think they need to go true residential AC, as in the basement like some high end Motorhomes.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
Full Timer

I like the noise when I sleep but it makes watching tv a challenge. I don't think any coach installs the air in the basement anymore, it didn't work out to well.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 06-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by life2short4nofun View Post
The awning on the 36b4 is 21' so theres all kinds of places to put the table.
We went with the Cedar Creek , over the Silverback or the other brands because we were fulltiming and wanted the best. If you know the things to look for the Cedar Creek is way ahead of the others. Thats is why it has held up great with no problems.
We built ours with all the options available. The only thing I would do different if done again is not get the outside kitchen, because we didn't ended up using it, and I would have the factory install a 3rd AC. I might not get the full body paint again with the new color the basic one is now.
Bed size is 36 x 73
Thank you for the information
Old 06-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #9

We really went back and forth with some of these same issues and finally ordered the Cedar Creek 36B4 with all the options available. It's supposed to come off the line on the 20th of this month so we have a trip planned for the first week of July to pick it up at Couch's RV Nation in Ohio. Long drive but it is worth it to take advantage of the great deal they gave us. Sooooo looking forward to that quiet air conditioning system. The constant clicking on/off of our previous system (either too hot or too cold) was not great and like someone else said, the AC running didn't bode well for watching television.
That was a deal breaker for me.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #10

we went with the 36b4. Got the level up system, residential fridge and took out the outside kitchen and replaced the beds in the bunk room with two jack knife sofas... Love our unit except we have had several problems with the components. Door lock, power converter, steps, and fridge. FR needs to do better quality control of their units! Just got back from camping had three families who walked through our unit, loved it , but I had to let them know about my quality issues.
Good luck with your decision.

textman is offline   Reply With Quote