Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #1

36B4 & 35QB4 Owners - a few questions

I think we have narrowed down our choices to several bunkhouse 5th wheels. Two of them being the Cedar Creek 36B4 and the Silverback 35QB4.

I was wondering what the size of the beds are in the bunkhouse?

And if you don't mind, why did you choose the model that you ended up with?

Is there anything that you wish was different about your RV?

Just trying to make sure that I am thinking of everything .
5travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
Always Learning

I'm not sure if it is helpful- but we considered one of them in our quest (I don't recall which one it was). But, compared to other campers- I felt like the awning was really far forward - like it wasn't over what I considered the main part of the campsite. With it that forward, I could never figure out where our picnic table would go that it wasn't blocking a door or hatch or something.

I'm sure people figure it out as they have bought and use them- it is just what killed the deal for us. We loved the fit and finish in them, though.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
Full Timer

The awning on the 36b4 is 21' so theres all kinds of places to put the table.
We went with the Cedar Creek , over the Silverback or the other brands because we were fulltiming and wanted the best. If you know the things to look for the Cedar Creek is way ahead of the others. Thats is why it has held up great with no problems.
We built ours with all the options available. The only thing I would do different if done again is not get the outside kitchen, because we didn't ended up using it, and I would have the factory install a 3rd AC. I might not get the full body paint again with the new color the basic one is now.
Bed size is 36 x 73

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Plain Old Member

I had a thread going similar to this one. We're in the same boat deciding between the two. Leaning more towards the cedar creek for full timing. Like mentioned though, no paint job and no outdoor kitchen for us. I asked about the third AC at our local dealer. They said it was just a drop in unit and would not be ducted. Also said only 2 of the 3 units could be run at a time. i take that with a grain of salt, as i know you can run 3 units simultaneously on 50 amp. Its done on motorhomes, but you have to watch your power usage / amperage draw. A 13.5, 15k and 9K will run together. Does anybody have the third AC that can verify ducted or non ducted? A stand alone unit would be fine by me, at least a penguin or similar unit, but at least with a wall t-stat.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #5
Full Timer

I was planning on throwing a 3rd in here within the next month. I was going to do one like in the front where its tied into the ducting or I can open the vent and do a quick duct. the duct is up there where you can tie into it. I have 2- 15k on my rig now and I can run both of them on 30 amps, I turn the hot water heater off, and don't run the microwave. So 50 amp hookup is 100 amps of service so I figure I will have no problem running all three. I wish I could have all three ducted in and no grill in the coach like the rear one they are a whole lot quieter that way

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 06-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
Plain Old Member

We actually like them better with the quick cool vent / interior panel. 1) we like the noise for sleeping 2) makes it way easier to inspect your AC gasket. My tiffin was like the cedar creek in a way. No panel or quick cool vent. 9 intake vents and 9 Cool vents from front to back. Buddy of mine had the same on his tiffin. Didn't know the gasket was leaking till it dumped water out of the AC vent. By then it was in the ceiling. I would still own a RV with the AC set up like the CC, but just sharing points I don't like about them. I still think they need to go true residential AC, as in the basement like some high end Motorhomes.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #7
Full Timer

I like the noise when I sleep but it makes watching tv a challenge. I don't think any coach installs the air in the basement anymore, it didn't work out to well.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 06-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by life2short4nofun View Post
The awning on the 36b4 is 21' so theres all kinds of places to put the table.
We went with the Cedar Creek , over the Silverback or the other brands because we were fulltiming and wanted the best. If you know the things to look for the Cedar Creek is way ahead of the others. Thats is why it has held up great with no problems.
We built ours with all the options available. The only thing I would do different if done again is not get the outside kitchen, because we didn't ended up using it, and I would have the factory install a 3rd AC. I might not get the full body paint again with the new color the basic one is now.
Bed size is 36 x 73
Thank you for the information
5travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #9

We really went back and forth with some of these same issues and finally ordered the Cedar Creek 36B4 with all the options available. It's supposed to come off the line on the 20th of this month so we have a trip planned for the first week of July to pick it up at Couch's RV Nation in Ohio. Long drive but it is worth it to take advantage of the great deal they gave us. Sooooo looking forward to that quiet air conditioning system. The constant clicking on/off of our previous system (either too hot or too cold) was not great and like someone else said, the AC running didn't bode well for watching television.
That was a deal breaker for me.
Realtrnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #10

we went with the 36b4. Got the level up system, residential fridge and took out the outside kitchen and replaced the beds in the bunk room with two jack knife sofas... Love our unit except we have had several problems with the components. Door lock, power converter, steps, and fridge. FR needs to do better quality control of their units! Just got back from camping had three families who walked through our unit, loved it , but I had to let them know about my quality issues.
Good luck with your decision.
textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:25 PM   #11

Owners 36b4 questions

Like Textman we went with the loaded unit and have loved it since day one, very few quality issues until our March trip to Myrtle Beach when I found a few small cracks in the front cap. After 2 pictures sent to Forrest River they replaced the entire front cap under warrenty. Believe me these were hairline cracks and I was shocked they replaced what they did, got camper back in 7 days and we are looking foward to our next tirp to Pigeon Forge in 4 weeks.
Pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #12
Full Timer

Pitcrew18 do you know why the front cap got the cracks?

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 06-19-2013, 03:17 PM   #13

Not sure where the cracks came from however Forest River was really good at making repairs I did get the extended warranty and it was all covered under that. The dealer said he has never seen one do that on a Cedar Creek so I am assuming something went wrong in the manufacturing process.
Pitcrew18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #14

Ok 36B4 owners, I have a few questions...lol. We just arrived home with our 2014 CC 36B4. Our rig has the Cedar Creek Explorer Package and I don't see any Blue Ray Player, CD with IPod/IPhone cradle, home theater sound bar, subwoofer or rear electric jacks. It does have the 6 point level up. I didn't notice the video items missing during my walk thru. I did ask about the rear jacks and I was told they don't put them on with the 6 point level up system. When we stopped for the first night the coach moves a lot with the kids in the bunk walking around. I want the rear jacks, they would help a lot. I did call the dealer and he hasn't called me back. So my questions, do you have rear jacks? Do you have the explorer package? What are the soft vinyl storm doors? We have only a screen door. Is the dvd hidden somewhere in the coach? I know I should be asking my dealer, but I wanted some info from another 36B4 owner. Just venting sorry. Thanks
Old 07-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #15

We picked up our 2014 36B4 on 7/1 and ours was also missing a few items. We noticed them on walk-thru and brought them up to the dealer who at first said that he would find out about them thru Cedar Creek and have them sent to us. Once we arrived home (we drove 10 hours to pick it up), he emailed to say that it would probably be best if I made contact with them to complain about the missing items and I so far, they haven't returned my calls. We're missing the Blu-ray player, CD with IPOD/IPhone cradle, home theatre sound bar, subwoofer. Don't know about the electric jacks but we felt like this new camper was more stable than our old one with the 6-point level up system. We also have the explorer package and the 2013 brochure and the Cedar Creek website say that the camper includes all of these things. Our camper does have the soft vinyl storm doors which is the vinyl inside the screen door. If you're missing those, you need to get them because they allow you to keep the screen door open without losing heat/cooling. Another thing that we noticed was that the outdoor kitchen had been remodeled and they now include an attachable grill instead of a 2 burner stove. We preferred the two-burner stove because we already have a large portable grill. Just something else that it would have been nice to know about. So far, we really like our 36B4 but like you, we were somewhat upset that the coach was missing these things. We're still pursuing them and just so you know, I do intend to get them especially since they're still advertising them on their website as being part of the coach.
Realtrnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #16

Thanks for the reply. I called my dealer and he hasn't called back. I'm sure they will find them. I had the 6 point system on my Cardinal that I traded in and it also had the rear electric jacks which made the coach much more stable. My coach was rocking crazy when the kids were walking around. What are the storm doors? I was told by the dealer they are on the door. Are they a glass storm door? I haven't gone completely thru the unit. Hopefully I will be able to answer my own questions...lol. I have the grill also and I have not 1 but 2 coleman portable road trip gas grills. Might start my own grillin camping cooking show. We also drove over 10 hours one way to pick up out 36B4. I hope they take care of this. I also noticed my tv was leaning. I lifted it off the wall and a plastic guard is missing on one of the mounting arms. Not major but something else to get. I do love this unit and can't wait to go camping next week. I would be interested in what they do for you, I'll let you know what my dealer does. Thanks again
Old 07-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #17
Full Timer

The "storm door" is metal framed vinyl inserts that clip in the screen door. There are two one for the top of the door and one for the bottom. I have never personally seen a rig with the rear jacks and auto level unless the auto level was installed after it was built.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 07-12-2013, 09:46 PM   #18

Thanks for the info. I did find the storm doors. Does your rig move around with the kids in the back? Mine seems to be all over the place. I did see that the rear jacks were part of the explorer package, just want to find out from other B4 owners if they have them with the leveling system. Did you also get the blue ray player system? Mine wasn't found and nobody seems to know what to do...I posted a few questions regarding the stereo system in another forum. I seen that you helped a few other B4 owners with some answers. Again thanks for you help...
Old 07-13-2013, 05:35 AM   #19
Full Timer

I don't have the rear jacks, however mine don't move to bad with the leveling system. Big movements will move the trailer some. Since you have a Jensen radio below the tv with small speakers in the ceiling you have a rig that was built before they started installing the blue ray player and sound bar. The web site and brochure are just a guide. The CC comes with rear jacks but if you get the auto leveling from the factory you don't get the rear jacks.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 07-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #20

Ok now at least I know what not to look for....Thanks for the information. Now to look it over from front to back and maybe I could answer my own questions lol.