Old 05-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #1

36B4 first weekend

We had our first weekend in our new (and first ever owned) camper. We went to a nice campground, Yogi Bear in Quarryville, PA, which is about 40 minutes from home - just in case!

The kids played paintball - my son's 15th birthday present and those kids who weren't old enough jumped on the giant bounce pillow and rode the peddle carts. 8 kids total and 7 spent the night with us!

A couple of small issues came up. When the inside frig was installed the shelf for the freezer was in the wrong place to allow the ice bucket to sit and catch the ice. Jason had to remove both doors to switch the shelf. Also, the outside frig was screwed down however it was not properly aligned and the door can not swing completely open without hitting the outside door. Again, something that will require a good bit of his time for something that should be looked at prior to it leaving the factory/dealer.
These are small things that can be easily be corrected.

Some things were really great, like the outdoor speakers that are hooked up to the radio or ipod if you choose. The outdoor kitchen was great for cooking 5lbs of bacon and be able to use that sink rather then send the kids inside to wash up. the day night blinds are really nice and I think i will look into those for my house.

All in all, we enjoyed our new "toy" and hope to use it more rather then less.

Karrie

Old 05-01-2012, 08:37 PM   #2

That was a smart move using the fifth wheel close to home for the first time. I always recommend doing that. It sounds like you had a great time of it and your issues were small.

That 36B4 is a great floorplan for a family or for a retired couple that might need to have a bit of separate space from each other. Reading your post, I could almost smell that 5 lbs of bacon you cooked using the outdoor kitchen. Mmmm, I love bacon.

Take your Cedar Creek camping as often as you can, even though it's still spring, winter and the end of camping season comes all to quickly.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrie74 View Post
We had our first weekend in our new (and first ever owned) camper. We went to a nice campground, Yogi Bear in Quarryville, PA, which is about 40 minutes from home - just in case!

The kids played paintball - my son's 15th birthday present and those kids who weren't old enough jumped on the giant bounce pillow and rode the peddle carts. 8 kids total and 7 spent the night with us!

A couple of small issues came up. When the inside frig was installed the shelf for the freezer was in the wrong place to allow the ice bucket to sit and catch the ice. Jason had to remove both doors to switch the shelf. Also, the outside frig was screwed down however it was not properly aligned and the door can not swing completely open without hitting the outside door. Again, something that will require a good bit of his time for something that should be looked at prior to it leaving the factory/dealer.
These are small things that can be easily be corrected.

Some things were really great, like the outdoor speakers that are hooked up to the radio or ipod if you choose. The outdoor kitchen was great for cooking 5lbs of bacon and be able to use that sink rather then send the kids inside to wash up. the day night blinds are really nice and I think i will look into those for my house.

All in all, we enjoyed our new "toy" and hope to use it more rather then less.

Karrie
our outside kitchen fridge door does not open all the way either it hits on the shock for outside kitchen door .
I dont find it intrusive other than I cannot get the freezer drip tray out to dump water or clean it .
Old 05-06-2012, 10:39 PM   #4

Yep was a big surprise when I could not get my freezer shelf adjusted too!
Looks like they would have figured this one out by now!

Congrats on your new RV...
textman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #5

Did not have the fridge issue like several of you did but you will love your choice of fifth wheel, congratulations.