Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2016, 09:09 AM   #1

36CKTS Color Option Question

Crazy question......but we are about to order a 36CKTS.....and DW is down to two questions. On the four color scheme options, she doesn't like any of them, but the 'least ugly' would be Harvest IF IT DOES NOT have any orange in it. Anyone have that option and can answer if it does or doesn't? If it does, I guess it'll have to be Autumn.

Bigger question is........why are the Valances (that the color fabric is on) square in this model only, and every other CC model, they are scalloped??? We want the scalloped ones but every picture of the 36CKTS shows them as square.

To me, minor questions.......to her, not so much.

Anyone know, please let us know asap......we're about to pull the trigger.

Thanks.

Bill
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:53 PM   #2

Bill,
We ordered our new 36ckts with the Harvest Valences. I got a sample of the fabric from the factory tour before we made the decision. In answer to your questions, DW says it is a rusty orange, eggplant and beige. I can send you a piece of the fabric (I have Harvest and Autumn,and beige and mahogany couch sample) If you send me your address by private message I can get it in the mail tomorrow morning. As far as the scallop style, Cedar Creek made a lot of BIG changes mid year. The old 2016 has larger valances, different flooring, different shower. We were told that anything ordered after Sept 2015 would have all the new changes. Look at the new (not at dealers) brochure. Go to http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...ekbrochure.pdf to see all the new changes.
Keith
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:56 PM   #3

Thanks!

We went with Autumn. She didn't like the orange tint in Harvest. Heck, we don't like any of the four colors! Ha.

To me, minor point.

Mahogany furniture. Like the beige better but figure it'd show wear after a while worse than mahogany.

The box style valance is all there is now. Have to live with it.

I'd prefer solid color valances on scalloped frames, but hey.........they didn't ask me.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:05 PM   #4

Just saw your other post about pulling the trigger today. Now for the long wait!!!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:09 PM   #5

Yeah.

*sigh*
Old 03-18-2016, 09:16 PM   #6

Ordered ours on Feb 2. Last word was "off the line on March 23". Don't know how long it will take for delivery from the factory to the dealer.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Thanks!

We went with Autumn. She didn't like the orange tint in Harvest. Heck, we don't like any of the four colors! Ha.

To me, minor point.

Mahogany furniture. Like the beige better but figure it'd show wear after a while worse than mahogany.

The box style valance is all there is now. Have to live with it.

I'd prefer solid color valances on scalloped frames, but hey.........they didn't ask me.

Just wondering will Cedar Creek let you order the new Creeks with Goodyear tires

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:59 AM   #8

Spock123, It's my understanding that the Westlake brand tire is the only tire that Cedar Creek is using. No option for Goodyears. I will be switching to Goodyears ASAP and the Westlakes will be on Craigslist.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:51 AM   #9

Spock, nope. I talked to them directly.

Their take is that the Westlakes are better than the 'old' Chinese junk that was on there before, and they believe they are good tires. They claim they've not had a single complaint of blowouts, or bad issues, since they went to these particular tires last year.

I told CC Manager that I'd give these tires a chance, but the first hint of a problem, I'm going to G114's directly..........
Old 03-19-2016, 12:36 PM   #10

[QUOTE=spock123;1135153]Just wondering will Cedar Creek let you order the new Creeks with Goodyear tires

My 2015 36CKTS came with Goodyears. They changed tires for 2016??
Old 03-19-2016, 12:43 PM   #11

Yes they did. The Goodyears were 'derated' for G, or some such, per the Factory. So they ditched them and went with Westlake G rated.

I think you can get the Goodyear G614's, or G114's, not sure which, on the "Touring Edition" or Champagne, model..........not sure.

But no more Goodyear Marathons.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Yes they did. The Goodyears were 'derated' for G, or some such, per the Factory. So they ditched them and went with Westlake G rated.

I think you can get the Goodyear G614's, or G114's, not sure which, on the "Touring Edition" or Champagne, model..........not sure.

But no more Goodyear Marathons.

I want the Goodyear G614, they are not Marathon or the Goodyear H 17.5. I am a little different I like some things made in America and tires are one. What would be nice is to not the Lazy-Boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 08:01 AM   #13

Ordered the 34RE mid Februray, and was told the westlakes were the only choice. I, too, will be watching closely.
AandJWV is offline   Reply With Quote