Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 397
36CKTS linnen Closet/Clothes Hamper Mod

Original Closet w/hamper bag:




Modified closet with 4 full shelves



Clothes hamper is in the process of being moved to a new location.



C.B.
__________________

cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 11,111
Nice job! Stain looks like a great match too.
__________________

Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:21 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,208
That looks marvelous. In addition to the fine work you already did, if you want to make it easier to access the closet you can remove the left door, flip it over and attach it to the right door with a full length piano hinge. You will need to relocate the left closer tongue to the top and add a stabilizer to the bottom left to relieve the stress from the right hinges. I used a hard rubber door knob stop cut in half and beveled to glide up on the bottom of the frame. Made access a breeze. Just a thought.
__________________
ILB ( | )
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 397
Linen Closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
That looks marvelous. In addition to the fine work you already did, if you want to make it easier to access the closet you can remove the left door, flip it over and attach it to the right door with a full length piano hinge. You will need to relocate the left closer tongue to the top and add a stabilizer to the bottom left to relieve the stress from the right hinges. I used a hard rubber door knob stop cut in half and beveled to glide up on the bottom of the frame. Made access a breeze. Just a thought.

Pictures Please!

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
edt
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 172
Where did you get the doors and was the bottom half finished


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
North Ga
2015 40' cls
Never to be moved
edt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 397
linen closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by edt View Post
Where did you get the doors and was the bottom half finished
The doors are the original ones.

All that was done was adding a shelf and making the original bottom shelf full length instead of half.


C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 02:57 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Duckogram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbvp View Post
Pictures Please!

C.B.
Here's the only one I have. Hope it is clear enough for the detail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	66580  
__________________
ILB ( | )
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 397
Linnen Closet & Hamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Here's the only one I have. Hope it is clear enough for the detail.

Thank you for the picture.

I followed your lead and turned over the left hand door. Instead of piano hinging them together I put them together to make one door. I added the two hinges from the left door to the right for strength.


Thanks again

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7
What a great job!!
I'm sorta handy! What type of wood did you use to make the shelves? Is the bottom shelf hinged to access the bottom portion of the closet??
I'm anxious to do this as I though of the space as being wasted!
Thank You!!
Bill
Bill1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 397
Linnen Closet & Hamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1006 View Post
What a great job!!
I'm sorta handy! What type of wood did you use to make the shelves? Is the bottom shelf hinged to access the bottom portion of the closet??
I'm anxious to do this as I though of the space as being wasted!
Thank You!!
Bill

Bill:

The shelves are 1/4" plywood and they do not move. Here are pics of the hamper done.




If you go to cedarcreekrvownersclub.com modification forum you'll find more pictures and dimensions

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:16 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Campingnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Carstairs Alberta Canada
Posts: 306
Looking good
__________________
Tim and Bev
2013 Cedar Creek 34RLSA, Magnum 2800w inverter, 560w of solar.
2015 F-350
Campingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 07:41 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbvp View Post
Thank you for the picture.

I followed your lead and turned over the left hand door. Instead of piano hinging them together I put them together to make one door. I added the two hinges from the left door to the right for strength.


Thanks again

C.B.
Would you please give me/us some details re the stain you used..Was it a off the shelf stain or your own mixture..Any info would be helpful as I want to do some work on my 5'er..Tks...J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 12:11 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 397
linen closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
Would you please give me/us some details re the stain you used..Was it a off the shelf stain or your own mixture..Any info would be helpful as I want to do some work on my 5'er..Tks...J

To get the stain right I brought a drawer to my local Sherwin Williams paint store and had them do a stain match.

They would only do a quart no less.

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbvp View Post
To get the stain right I brought a drawer to my local Sherwin Williams paint store and had them do a stain match.

They would only do a quart no less.

C.B.
Great..never thought of that!!! Senior moment I guess!!!! J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 7
Thank You for the information! I will be converting mine as well when we get back home.
__________________

Bill1006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
modifications

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.


×