Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #1

36CKTS Residential Fridge

I opened up my Cedar Creek over the weekend after winterizing it for the winter. I have a leak beneath my fridge which leads me to believe that the ice make water line or pump cracked being there is no way that I know of to blow it out for the winter. The fridge is built in on a platform so it's not going to be easy to pull it out to examine and replace whatever broke. Has anyone experienced this?
KKranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:43 PM   #2

I pulled mine out last year, it takes 2 people to do it. I removed the bracket on the top that holds it in place and slid it out onto a furniture dolly.
I used the dolly because the refrigerator sets up off the floor.
I think the water valve is on the bottom and should be an inexpensive part.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

You can do some checking without removing the Fridge. The valve to solenoid section can be pressure checked by removing the supply line. If you are leaking that's where it's likely to be anyway. The tube from the solenoid to the icemaker is not under pressure. There is no pump other than your shurflo main in the passthrough. You can also check for leaks by turning your pump on with everything closed and listen for cycling which is the easiest method.
As for removal, some folks built a ramp to slide the fridge down and were able to do it solo. I know of one Creeker that had an access door installed so he could service the fridge from the back side.
As for blowing the line out, I would disconnect the supply line at the valve which will gravity drain to the solenoid. Then cycle the icemaker with a jumper wire and blow air in the freezer end of the feed tube when the solenoid opens.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 AM   #4

Does anyone know the model number of the fridge? I'd like to purchase a new pump kit before I drive to my unit.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:03 AM   #5

I sent you a PM
Old 04-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKranec View Post
Does anyone know the model number of the fridge? I'd like to purchase a new pump kit before I drive to my unit.
Pump kit??? Please post a pic of this item. I have never seen one before.
Thanks
Old 04-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #7

I think they are looking for the water valve part.
It probably is just a cracked plastic water line feeding the water valve. Either way you have to pull the fridge out yo see what is going on.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #8
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboy View Post
I think they are looking for the water valve part.
It probably is just a cracked plastic water line feeding the water valve. Either way you have to pull the fridge out yo see what is going on.
I thought that as well so I mentioned it in my earlier post but then they posted "pump" again...

BTW, here is the Whirlpool Model # also from an earlier post:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...7&d=1376259285
Old 04-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #9

Thanks for all the responses. I plan to pull the fridge out over the weekend to see where the leak is. I'm also wondering why the fridge is raised up on the platform and not directly on the floor other than easier reach access.
Another response was that someone had an access panel installed on the outside. I'm wondering how they did this and matched the pearl finish ?
Old 04-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #10

I have seen an access panel on a 38FL which is on the wood panel side next to the dinning table. (not on the outside of the rig). Your 36CKTS I would think you would have to put it into the pantry, but then it might be on the wrong side to reach the valve, not sure??
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #11

If your frig is the same whirlpool model number then the valve is around $50.00

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...W1201081/00005

Part #6 on the diagram..

You can probably find it other places for less $$ this is just the first place I found it.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:09 PM   #12
Certified Curmudgeon

The Fridge is in the front end of the ODS slide therefore the only way to install an access door that would actually give you access to the "pump" is through the outer wall. As for paint matching, I think he used a standard absorption fridge door and had it painted. I know that he does not have Pearl coat. Maybe he will post a pic.
As for the raised mount, my best guess is that the hole is standard for all of the fridge options.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #13

Not adding much to the thread, but I de-winterized mine today and I quickly had a flood under the fridge, which soaked everything on the slide. I never use the ice maker, so I am going to cap off the line, and remove the ice maker. It's just way too much work to try to winterize your fridge on top of everything else that has to be done that time of year. I had never used it since new, so I didn't think there'd be any water up there to freeze. I stand corrected. I was not a happy camper to see water coming out of the bottom of the slide.
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker UMS 21K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge