Old 07-21-2018, 11:15 AM   #1

38EL CC

Question for the CC 38EL owners out there..... Do you find your 38EL has a overly rough ride? We have an 2018 CC 38EL and I am finding that when I get to my destination that there are too many things out of place from the ride. For example silverware in drawer has to be put back every time even though there is a divider. Today the bathroom door assembly totally ripped out of the ceiling!I find the couch moves and the theater seat also moves among other things. I have had quite a few 5vers over the years and not one bounced things around the rig like this one. Just thought I would throw the question out there to get the thoughts from other CC 38EL owners.
Thanks in advance!

Old 07-21-2018, 12:52 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyhop View Post
Question for the CC 38EL owners out there..... Do you find your 38EL has a overly rough ride? We have an 2018 CC 38EL and I am finding that when I get to my destination that there are too many things out of place from the ride. For example silverware in drawer has to be put back every time even though there is a divider. Today the bathroom door assembly totally ripped out of the ceiling!I find the couch moves and the theater seat also moves among other things. I have had quite a few 5vers over the years and not one bounced things around the rig like this one. Just thought I would throw the question out there to get the thoughts from other CC 38EL owners.
Thanks in advance!
Hi I'm afraid the poor workmanship of ceder creek is the cause, theatre seats should be screwed down at the front but they forget as they have to have the coffee break. The bathroom door fell off runners fist time I used them reason, they were on coffee break and forgot to guess what, put the screws in. Ceder creek never again.

eddy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:46 PM   #3
SnP

I think the major problem these days are the crappy roads that we have to drive on. Most of them havenít been kept up in years and some of the patch jobs make them even worse. This is my second Cedar Creek and I wouldnít have any other brand. Never had a major problem with either. I did put MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disk Brakes on my 2018 Champagne. Rides a lot better, but some roads still have a tendency to slightly move things around. Speed added to rough roads also cause major issues with things moving or falling down. I never go faster then 65 mph and slower on rough roads. You may also want to have your axels and Suspension checked out to make sure there isnít any problems in those areas.
Camped - 2014-47, 2015-104, 2016-100, 2017-161, 2018-94
SnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #4

I had same problem day one, driving home from Ohio dealer. It took Independent Suspension and some tweaking of hitch to fix things. It can be done.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #5

Here's my other point..........many manufacturers would tell you to go pound sand. Cedar Creek has stood by me, big time. BIG time.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 07-21-2018, 01:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyhop View Post
Thanks in advance!
A lot depends on what the roads conditions are like. I towed my trailer home from the dealer yesterday on I80 in IL and this is extremely rough in IL around Joliet. Nothing was out place in my unit when we checked the trailer out. With no moment on most items in the trailer. We do pack pillows around the glassware and plates, we have been doing this since our first trailer which was a rear kitchen unit. My trailer is a 34RL which is 37' long. I really don't think the length of a trailer really matters on the items ride in a trailer.

Also did you op for the TrailAir King pin box on your trailer? This makes a world of difference in the towing experience. It seems to provide a cushion between the truck and trailer so the bouncing is not as harsh as if direct couple.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:00 PM   #7

Is that truck a 250, a three quarter ton? That Champagne is too big for a 3/4 ton. I'd also ask what kind of hitch.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 07-21-2018, 02:19 PM   #8

The rig has a trailair pin box and the truck is an F-350...........
Old 07-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #9

We have had no problems with things being bounced around. We love our Cedar Creek and would buy another one in a minute. We live full time in ours and have not done a lot of miles but have made a trip from central Indiana to Oklahoma City and back. It towed great with no issues.
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:28 PM   #10

Our River Stone Legacy rides well and about the only thing that ever seems to move is the rack in the convection oven. The rear shade usually goes up so now we just raise it before we leave

dblr is offline   Reply With Quote