Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
My truck tag is 12,000lb

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Heavy tag! I bet mine doesn't weigh a pound.

I'll also bet a cherry coket that your truck would barely push 9,000 lbs if that.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 03:35 PM   #22

Looking at past photos of my '06 CC DayDreamer with my 07.5 DRW RAM with factory 17" tires the middle of coach is the tall spot.

The only side shot of my new '17 CC Champagne the front a/c is the tall spot. It now has a roof sat dish which folds down.

I have 16,000# tag on mine.

My truck has not had the please yet of hooking up to the Champagne.

Leaving Colorado Springs in 2008 bound for N
C with a ton of red rock stacked around my hitch. Towing the DayDreamer.

Cumminz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 10:27 PM   #23

Semi's are 13.6 that is the max HT in the tunnel . The tunnel itself is taller. At 13.6 you will have no problem.
PS l owned semi's for 35 yrs . l have been across Chesapeake Bay Bridge a time or two you will be just fine.
jacknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:31 AM   #24

And if you get to the CBBT and have anything that sets off their sensor, they will pull you over for a more thorough inspection. When hubby and I drove a tractor trailer, we would get stopped every time, but they always let us go through. The CB antenna on the mirror would set off their sensor. You'll have more than an inch clearance.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Heavy tag! I bet mine doesn't weigh a pound.

I'll also bet a cherry coket that your truck would barely push 9,000 lbs if that.

I was thinking that with the pin weight. I don't know but with my B&W hitch and my 100 gallon fuel tank, it was more than the 8,000 lb tags to start with. No one knows here in NC but I was planning a trip to Alaska. I have never been stopped by DOT.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:03 PM   #26

It is not a policy of NcDOT to bother with full time RVers. What I mean by that is rig that is not commercial. I was once told if you had an RV of any type and truly were a camper and you placed a friend's lawn mower service decal on your bumper you could be considered commercial and would be/Could be required to pull through weigh stations. Another situation I am hearing of state inspectors sitting outside RV parks requiring DOT inspections of your rig. There are also licenses requirements concerning drivers with any type trailer with Have over 10,000#s must have class A license. Chew on that.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:03 PM   #27

I haven't ever been stopped by DOT pulling a camper and I have never seen a camper stopped by DOT but I guess somewhere they do. DOT people aren't the brightest anyway. I could sneak stuff by them when I was working for a living. I wish I was full time camping but I'm just a wannabe.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:31 AM   #28

Cumminz, you carried a heck of a load of firewood back in the day 👌. Do you carry your own wood chuck as the family pet? 😂.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
Cumminz, you carried a heck of a load of firewood back in the day 👌. Do you carry your own wood chuck as the family pet? 😂.
Three wennie dog persons who love campfires.

Tags
exterior