Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
Plain Old Member

3rd AC - 35QB4

Anybody ever add a 3rd AC to a Silverback 35QB4? I don't really need it, but..... I've already done a few mods to the AC system to improve it's efficiency, so, what I have works. But, the 80-100 pound addition in the useless plugged vent I have in the bunk house wouldn't hurt. If I lose 1 out of the 2 AC's in the middle of summer, 1 is not going to cut it the way we like to keep it cool.

Our dealer has done a few 35QB4's in the past. Just seeing if anybody else has done it.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:46 AM   #2

I have a 2010 Sierra 355QBQ. It came with 1 AC unit. I asked the dealer about a second AC unit and was told that the camper was plumbed for a second unit in the front of the fifth wheel but we didn't need it. We added a second AC after a week at the beach. The back bunkroom stays warm and we always ran a drum fan at the doorway. There is a fantastic fan in the ceiling in there and we never used it. A few weeks ago we tried it and it pulled the cool air into that room. What a difference. If you have a fan in that vent try it. May save you the cost and install of a 3rd AC
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #3
Plain Old Member

I don't mind the cost. Rear vent is just a standard vent, so it stays with the pillow in it. We do use a fan on occasion to push cooler air here and there. Just toying with the idea right now. It's pretty much becoming the norm on the newer toy haulers now. Several motorhomes as well. I love it when a dealer tells you that you don't need it. This translates to, they've never owned one or stayed in one in the middle of the summer with no shade.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
35qb4