Old 06-14-2015, 07:34 AM   #1

5th wheel insurance

My State Farm agent said my seasonally parked unit has to be skirted to be insured. I am at a permanent site sitting on a concrete pad. Can anyone help me to see the logic in this? Johnny B from Ontario Canada.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:07 AM   #2

We have had State Farm (USA) for 45 years on 16 homes and at least 30 cars/trucks and vans. ( we got around in our ambitious younger years 😁 )
We even have a letter that says we can never be cancelled from State Farm, not an Agent.

Now, having said that, they are QUIRKY! I found other recreational products are best suited to other providers. I always gave SF the chance to quote before selecting others.

For our Fifth wheels, previous 2011 Keystone Outback and present 2015 FR Silverback, we found National General (U.S.) was the best fit. Bought it through Good Sam.

You may have other options. I am just guessing that the "skirting" will offer you a lower pricing tier and this skirting is affirming you will not be towing it. Makes sense that a rolling object on rubber wheels is going to be more hazardous and should cost more.

FLAG DAY IN AMERICA....
RAISE THEM UP USA!!

May God bless America and our friendly allies in Canada and around the globe!

SilverbackMel
U.S. Army
1963 to 1967

Just say'n!! SHOP AROUND.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #3

Thank you SBMel

Thanks for the good advice.
Johnny B
Old 06-14-2015, 10:41 AM   #4

I have had three fivers in the last 9 years and they all have been insured by State Farm in the US. We did have a slight issue this year with our 2016 Cedar Creek because of GIGO (garbage in garbage out) from some computer program. State Farm claimed that Forest River stop building them in 2014. My agent faxed down a copy of the title and State Farm said OK and insured the unit.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:31 PM   #5

Thanks again. Is it possible to email me @ jbackewich@rogers.com? I have a question regarding my holding tank guages. I would like to send you a picture to add some context. Thanks very much.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #6

Johnny, I would try another source. I have a seasonal trailer and never was anything said about having a skirt. Both trailers are on my home policy as additional insured. Traders General is the company my Agent uses.
Old 06-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #7

I have a question regarding my water tank guages. I would like to send a picture but not sure if I can through this forum. If not, I would be happy to send it by email if anyone would care to share it with me. Thankyou

Tags
5th wheel, wheel