Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #1

6 point level system

Has anyone found that after using the auto level mode that the unit is not 100% level. I messed around with mine for the first time since it was delivered. It can be a bit intimidating when the auto level is moving the unit around! After all it seems like I am lower in the front than rear when I use a level. Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen?
KKranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #2

Our walk-thru tech said they check the level system for level as part of there prep. I did check the level with a level after we got setup. I also have a large bulls-eye level in the bottom of the frig...old habit. Ours did check good when I measured over the kitchen and bathroom floor. Also the basement check good. The tech said they are usually out of level from the factory....if you believe the tech...lol.

The tech said they use a regular level on the floor to calibrate the auto level system. Guess we got lucky on this issues.
ReTrax Pro Cover
BoatDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

It happens but it's easy to fix. After meticulously seeking level I found that not all floors or counters match. So I used the average of level taken 3 places on the main floor and two places upstairs. With the trailer looking, feeling and indicating level, I glued two plastic levels in the level-up / battery compartment. One front to rear on the pump mounting bracket any the other left to right on the pass through bulkhead. Then I re-calibrated the level-up.
Now I have a quick visual check for level and a guide for times when I don't use auto level (not unhitched).
Old 08-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #4

There is a recalibration you can do to get things back to level. Ours was out by about half a bubble - with the level up off - 10 clicks on the front button, 10 clicks on the rear button - manually level - press return and you are good to go.

Like Ducky, I too had to do an average of several places to find what I would consider good enough. The dining table and the kitchen counter are two places that matter if they are not level. Remember the sensor is in the front of the coach, so sometimes the rear, middle and front don't always agree.

When operating the Level up manually, the amount out of level will display as well - most of the time this is about right.

Good Luck!

2012 GMC 3500 Duramax Crew Cab, SuperGlide 20k
2014 Cedar Creek 36B4, LP Onan, Level-Up, Trail-Air pin, electric fridge
Campwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #5

Mine was way out of whack when we got it. When the system said level, our left side tire were six inches off the ground. I took it back to the dealer and they tried to recalibrate. They never got it right. So I called Lippert and they put me on with a guy named Mike. He had me get the camper on a very level concrete pad. I just happened to be at my brother-in-law's and he had that. Then he had me use the level-up in manual mode and get the camper as level as I wanted it. I used a carpenter's level and after very adjustment I checked it inside and out in both directions. Once I was satisfied, he talked me through the recalibration procedure. Then I took it off level and did an auto-level. Purty darn near perfect. But Mike had me go through the whole process a second time, just to be perfect. I was on the phone with Mike for close to an hour. Great guy and the level-up system has been spot on ever since! Unfortunately, I've lost Mike's direct number. But if you call the number for Lippert that is in the Level-Up manual, they will put you in touch with him.
2013 Chevy 3500HD, D/A, DRW, 4X4
WeRCreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #6

Thanks for the info!!
KKranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #7

Our level up was within .2 degs! We put a computer generated level on the kitchen island just for grins.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote