Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
Rich and Char

6 point level up system

Hi, for those who have the system , do you still level side to side with boards if necessary , and do you still mount levels on the 5th wheel to see if you are indeed level , just to double check. or do you just trust the level up system to do it's thing.
I don't think that i'm that trusting yet. with a new to me technology.

Rich
rich and char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich and char View Post
Hi, for those who have the system , do you still level side to side with boards if necessary , and do you still mount levels on the 5th wheel to see if you are indeed level , just to double check. or do you just trust the level up system to do it's thing.

Rich
Hello rich. I love my level up system, I have had mine for 5 months now. No I do not level using boards, there is no need for them, my system has raised the wheels off the ground to acheive level. I havent yet attached levels but I do plan to. I have used a hand a level a few times and it was good. Now I dont check anymore even now on the trip I am on.
2003 Four Winns Funship 214 Deckboat - Hawaiian Breeze
Av8orLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #3

Hi!

No need to do side to side levelling as the system takes care of that. And yes like Rich said it does get the wheels off the ground to get the unit levelled.

Once I had to put boards down on the low side as the site was way out of level (to like advertised). The level up system goes full extension and if it beyond full extension then just retracts. If I think that there is going to be an issue I walk around after I start self levelling and watch the levellers coming down. It will be clear what you have to do.

The unit has manual side to side and front to back and I have played with it but never used the feature to level the trailer.

2004 Ford F550 6l Lariat SuperCrew, Fontaine Bed,
Link Systems Air Ride
2011 Sterling 32RL with Michelin XPS tires
extremebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
Travelin Man

I only put boards under the pads of the jacks so they have something solid to sit on. Love the system, i have used it a couple of times to change tires also, even tho it says not to do that in the manual. I dont know why it would say that as it lifts the trailer off the ground when leveling. I made some boards with plywood, glued 3 boards together, routed out part of the middle before gluing and attached rope inside the routed area and stapled it in, then glued them all together and painted them. works great.
Douglasdh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #5

We have a 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS with the 6 point level system. We have not had to use boards under the wheels with this leveling system. As has been mentioned, we have had to put boards (12"X12"X2" pressure treated boards) under the leveling pads. The RV currently is parked at our house and the low side wheels are off the ground. It has been that way all winter with no problems.
MDCRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #6

New technology to us also... I do trust it but if the site is too far off level I would probably still bring it up close to level before disconnecting and leveling.
2017 Days Planned: 135

38FLCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #7
Rich and Char

Thanks all for the reply's, we bring home the new 5th wheel 3/22 this month.and just wanted to get a idea.

Rich
rich and char is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
Full Timer

The only thing to add is the farther the legs are extended the more movement you get in the rig, For the first time I had to get some concrete blocks for the front legs, with out the blocks I could push the trailer and get it to sway side to side, they were almost fully extended. With our rig being close to 40' a little slope adds up over the whole rig quickly.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #9

Well our 38FL is now in the service garage - due to my foot fracture the DW had to learn how to drive the beast - She has only ever backed/jockeyed around the site - never out on the road... She drove like a pro - not worried or nervous...

Lippert is planning on just replacing the hole front landing gear and will rebuild back at the factory to see why it is leaking.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38FLCamper View Post

Lippert is planning on just replacing the hole front landing gear and will rebuild back at the factory to see why it is leaking.
What's the problem you had?

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 03-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #11

Developed a leak in the left front landing gear over the winter... Could be a simple loose connection, but they believe it is a leaking seal inside the leg.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #12

on mine its "brain" forgot what it was supposed to do, thing would drop all the way down for no reason , would work in spurts than stop al together. I liked the system on my 2010 36 re, wasn't automatic but it did what I told it to do.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #13

My 36ckts just came off production and arrived at the dealer. I basically park mine for the season on kind of sandy soil. Does anyone suggest blocks under the leveling system or tires? And what about a tripod ?
KKranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #14
Full Timer

I use blocks you don't have to, It makes it a little more sturdy inside the same reason I use a tripod, I use a tripod because of the washer and dryer, It takes a lot of the shake out from it, since I have a trail-air I place it behind the pin so the air hitch doesn't defeat the purpose.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #15

Can you suggest a tripod? Do you use wood blocks?
KKranec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #16
Full Timer

I use some 2x12 12" long I bought at a KOA but they are cracking from the weight, alot of people glue treated plywood together about the same size, I think that would work better and you can tie some rope handles on them if you want. As far as a tripod I ordered the BAL heavy duty adjustable leg tripod model 25035. Camping World only had cheap ones , this thing is heavy duty and I can set it on an angle so I can use it where I wanted to put it.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 03-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #17

Our rig sits all winter, near the road. To minimize salt, water, and sand on the exposed legs I cut a 4x4 into 12" sections. I glued/screwed 3 of these sections together and then built them up like cribbing so that each leg was only extended about an inch or so. Then spray wd40 once a week or so to keep them clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3650358972.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	25650  

Old 03-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #18
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Hi, for those who have the system , do you still level side to side with boards if necessary , and do you still mount levels on the 5th wheel.
Rich
No boards to level side to side.
Yes boards or whatever to keep the rams
from over extending.
Yes to boards or pads on soft ground.
Yes to pin box stabilizer, especially if you
have a Washer/Dryer. I deflate the trail air.
I also use trailer stabilizing screw type
stands under the trailer hitch crossmember
in the rear.
I also use a step support cause I'm large and
I have ET&D Quadrastep.
With level up, your Creek is high so
you might need a porta step if you don't
like 12" + rise on the first step.
Silicone spray for the legs if you leave them
down for extended periods.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:08 AM   #19
Travelin Man

Quote:

Rich
I havent ever put levelers on the 5th wheel, but did check inside with small bubble lever once. it levels perfect everytime. I do use boards under the wheels if we are going to be staying in one spot for anything over a couple of days to protect the tires.
I use boards I made to put under all the pads and i also silicone spray them each time i use them. you will enjoy the system!!http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s/thumbsup.gif
Douglasdh62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:55 AM   #20
Papi

Had to wait until I actually went on a trip to reply but...LOVE the levelers! I was a bit apprehensive at cost vs. rewards but now I'm sold. I did cut some 2X treated squares for under the pads and to give the cylinders a slight advantage but otherwise feel it very useful...especially down the road (no pun intended) when the thought of hand leveling would be difficult. Yep...good option!
now in same place.
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote