Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 07:31 AM   #1

Cool 6 Point Leveling System.......wiggle,wiggle....

Has anyone taken action to reduce the "wiggle" movement of the coach when setup on the 6 point leveling system? Would you please tell us your experiences so far. Devices that have worked or not. Thanks.......
jaygeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:06 AM   #2
bigdaddy1

Sorry, I have not felt a "wiggle" when I am set up with my unit. Have you had it back to dealer for a check-up to find the problem?

2019 3350RLX
bigdaddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygeo1 View Post
Has anyone taken action to reduce the "wiggle" movement of the coach when setup on the 6 point leveling system? Would you please tell us your experiences so far. Devices that have worked or not. Thanks.......
You might be feeling the tires, you use xchocks to stop forward and backward motion. Here is a tip for you the farther you extend the rams, the less stable it will be, you can add some wood blocks so your rams don't have to extend so far. I think I'm about as solid as can be expected sitting on tires. It's not a dealer problem you just have to get use to using the system.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #4

6 point level-up

Quote:

Two things that stopped the wiggle for me are: Home made Pin box stabilizer.

Electric rear stabilizer jack.(no pic)

I did use a home made rear stabilizer before installing the electric.

This worked good but electric is much easier and quicker.

C.B.
cbvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:13 AM   #5
Jeffco, MO

The tech at the Rally gave me this advice. First put some blocks under the jack to reduce the length of stroke of the jacks. Next, after unhitching, pull away , and then lower the nose as much as possible. Then use the Auto level. The whole idea is to reduce the stroke of the jacks to provide a more stable unit. When you are ready to to hitch, use the manual method to raise the hitch to the proper level. Do not use the left-right button to return to the hitch position.

The system will auto level from a starting position. If you start with the nose high, it will level high. If you are high and on a sloping pad you may not have enough extension to level. Moral: Lower, then auto level.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
tedstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #6
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:
According to FR, there is no "wiggle" with the six point level up.....which is why they stopped installing the rear electric stabilizers (for which many of us where charged when we purchased the "Explorer Package", but never received)

Having said that - I fully agree that 6X6 blocks under the level up pads helps by not extending the legs as far. We used concrete blocks and scissor jacks under the rear cross beam and that solved any remaining wiggle problems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender2.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	479.7 KB
ID:	86423  
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 09:36 AM   #7

As mentioned earlier in this post, I also add the orange stacking blocks to get the stroke as short as possible. It has changed the entire shaking issue. The DW does not like any movement in the TT. It does not move anymore.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:52 PM   #8
Retired

For us...

As others have stated... blocks under the rear jacks to keep the stroke as short as possible.

Plus JT Strong Arms on the front jacks helped too.

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0 - 320 Watt Solar with 2000 Watt Inverter
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyDually View Post
For us...

As others have stated... blocks under the rear jacks to keep the stroke as short as possible.

Plus JT Strong Arms on the front jacks helped too.
Do you actually have the JT Strongarms on the front electric jacks? I thought JT were not compatible with the Lippert self leveling system?
ottawapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:28 PM   #10
CCRVOC

We have wiggle only when we have a very un-level site, and the 6-point level-up picks the wheels up on one side of the rig (which is rare). However, while at the Frog Rally in Goshen I saw several Cedar Creeks with JT strong arms and their owners said they worked great. Soooo….

We bought a set of JT Strong arms at the Lippert booth in the vendors area and scheduled for Lippert to install then at the customer factory at Bldg 39 in Goshen. When we arrived at the Lippert factory, the technician there said they could not install the JT Strong arms on a 6-point level-up system. He said once the arms are installed it would not allow the ram to rotate naturally thus will cause a failure at some point.

I told them that their salesman sold them to me and the attachments that are required to be welded on to the landing jack pads are sold in their catalog………

So, I’m still waiting on a refund……

I use two 1 x 12s stacked right now, but I’m going the 6x6x12 block route and save the $250. The weight trade of the blocks vs the Strong Arm is essentially the same.

So if you have wiggle, like others have said, limit the stroke of the jacks when possible.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Retired Army in 1995, and now retired in 2016
Ramblin Recks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Recks View Post
We have wiggle only when we have a very un-level site, and the 6-point level-up picks the wheels up on one side of the rig (which is rare). However, while at the Frog Rally in Goshen I saw several Cedar Creeks with JT strong arms and their owners said they worked great. Soooo….

We bought a set of JT Strong arms at the Lippert booth in the vendors area and scheduled for Lippert to install then at the customer factory at Bldg 39 in Goshen. When we arrived at the Lippert factory, the technician there said they could not install the JT Strong arms on a 6-point level-up system. He said once the arms are installed it would not allow the ram to rotate naturally thus will cause a failure at some point.

I told them that their salesman sold them to me and the attachments that are required to be welded on to the landing jack pads are sold in their catalog………

So, I’m still waiting on a refund……

I use two 1 x 12s stacked right now, but I’m going the 6x6x12 block route and save the $250. The weight trade of the blocks vs the Strong Arm is essentially the same.

So if you have wiggle, like others have said, limit the stroke of the jacks when possible.
Thanks! That is what I was led to believe. Like you I use 6x6x12 blocks which seem to work well.
ottawapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 05:54 PM   #12
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawapaul View Post
Do you actually have the JT Strongarms on the front electric jacks? I thought JT were not compatible with the Lippert self leveling system?
Sorry.... I had the impression the OP has the same leveling system as I with electric jacks. We have the Lippert 3.0 Leveling System.

Our Sabre was already prepped for JT's from the factory including the front jacks which had the 2nd from bottom hole drilled out to 1/2 inch for the Strong Arm brackets and they work great with our leveling system.

All this is moot with hydraulic jacks.

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0 - 320 Watt Solar with 2000 Watt Inverter
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #13

Steady fast system had a little bounce up fwd and this stopped it
Clarici l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:28 PM   #14

I built 6 blocks out of 2x6s & put 3/4 plywood on the top & bottom & then painted them. I then put rubber matting on them to keep them out of moisture.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:07 PM   #15
Old Member

Send a message via Skype™ to mikey
We have a '13 CC 36CKTS with 6 point level-up that wiggled all the dang time. Before we left home almost 3 months ago I installed the JT Strong Arm system using Lippert's adapters that were welded to the round feet. Learning to loosen the JT's before extension or retraction is the only hard part of using this system. For the most part at just about every type of campground in 17 states we have not "wiggled" hardly at all. While in PA, I added 6x6 blocks under the feet and that took any remaining wiggle out of the RV.

Like I said earlier, REMEMBER to loosen the JTs before extending or retracting level up, otherwise you will encounter the twisting motion or worse you could conceivably damage an actuator. I think I have learned that tidbit over the course of our trip. BTW I tighten the wing bolts before we leave so that I don't loose one along the way. Try finding one of those at Walmart or Home Depot.

Also, the Lippert technical services engineer I spoke to said nothing about not installing JTs on a level-up system. In fact, the adapters we welded to the round feet are made specifically for our type of round feet on hydraulic cylinders.

Heck, don't take my word for it, check em out at www.http://store.lci1.com/hydraulic-jack-adaptor-lug ("These JT's Strong Arm™ Jack Stabilizer Adaptor Lugs make it possible to attach JT's Strong™ Arm Jack Stabilizers to round hydraulic foot pads popular on many fifth-wheel RV models")

Hope this helps with your wiggle problem. Travel safe and enjoy the journey!
Old 08-24-2015, 03:33 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
We have a '13 CC 36CKTS with 6 point level-up that wiggled all the dang time. Before we left home almost 3 months ago I installed the JT Strong Arm system using Lippert's adapters that were welded to the round feet. Learning to loosen the JT's before extension or retraction is the only hard part of using this system. For the most part at just about every type of campground in 17 states we have not "wiggled" hardly at all. While in PA, I added 6x6 blocks under the feet and that took any remaining wiggle out of the RV.

Like I said earlier, REMEMBER to loosen the JTs before extending or retracting level up, otherwise you will encounter the twisting motion or worse you could conceivably damage an actuator. I think I have learned that tidbit over the course of our trip. BTW I tighten the wing bolts before we leave so that I don't loose one along the way. Try finding one of those at Walmart or Home Depot.

Also, the Lippert technical services engineer I spoke to said nothing about not installing JTs on a level-up system. In fact, the adapters we welded to the round feet are made specifically for our type of round feet on hydraulic cylinders.

Heck, don't take my word for it, check em out at www.http://store.lci1.com/hydraulic-jack-adaptor-lug ("These JT's Strong Arm™ Jack Stabilizer Adaptor Lugs make it possible to attach JT's Strong™ Arm Jack Stabilizers to round hydraulic foot pads popular on many fifth-wheel RV models")

When I inquired about them when they installed mine. (after market) they told me I couldn't use them on the 6 point system. I had a set on already when they took my electric legs off. I was told that you can only put them on the big foot system for some reason. I'm not quite sure what the difference is between the level up system and the big foot system? So I sold my JT's after they installed the level up. Do you have the level up or big foot? impossible to get a straight answer from LCI. Do you just have them on the front landing gear or the rear to? Thanks for your answer.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #17
CCRVOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post

Mike, imagine my surprise when Lippert said they would not install them! I said, your catalog has them listed, I asked your salesman specifically about our 6-point system, and you (Lippert) sold them to me! Oh well, still waiting on Lippert to refund my $$.
2012 Dodge 3500, SLT Big Horn,CC,DRW,Cummins HO, EB, 4x4, 3:73, Retrax Pro, Q20, TST507, Garmin RV760, Sleek 4g
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS, 1000w Solar, TriStar MPPT 60, Magnum 2000w, PI EMS, WiFi Ranger Elite, Sleek 4g, Wingard DTV Traveler
Old 08-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #18
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Jaygeo1, are you talking about the 6 point "electric" level up or the 6 point "hydraulic"
Electric version.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440434948914.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	86738

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:09 PM   #19

Which 6 point system?

The Lippert Hydraulic 6 point level-up system is the one we have. I've ordered some Lynx blocks to put under each "point" to keep the extension reduced.....and "auto level" with the front lowered down manually in the beginning .....both these suggestions from the Forum members.
jaygeo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #20
CCRVOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramblin Recks View Post
Mike, imagine my surprise when Lippert said they would not install them! I said, your catalog has them listed, I asked your salesman specifically about our 6-point system, and you (Lippert) sold them to me! Oh well, still waiting on Lippert to refund my $$.

Got my refund today.

Tags
leveling