Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #1

a/c constantly running

Hello,
Our living room a/c in our Silverback 31RK runs constant without taking a break (turning off). Our prior trailer's a/c unit would shut off when it reached the set temp (i.e 75 deg), and then turn on when the temp began to rise.

We have the dometic temp control where you can increase/decrease the temp, set to fan/cool/furnace.

I can't find in manual where it will shut down once set temp is reached or do we do that manually (shut it off at remote).

thanks for info.

bill & jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

You fan is on "on" instead it should be on "auto"
What thermostat do u have?

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:27 PM   #3

ok, after your post, I checked again and I remembered that someone had a prior problem with similar remote in that it showed C vice F and had to press the on button and + button at the same time.
so I turned a/c off and then turned on unit pressing on button and + same time, and there in display it was "lo", "high", and "au" (auto). geez haha, well the unit went off as it is at the set temp now.
thanks for your post that jump started me.

bill & jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:50 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy2000 View Post
ok, after your post, I checked again and I remembered that someone had a prior problem with similar remote in that it showed C vice F and had to press the on button and + button at the same time.
so I turned a/c off and then turned on unit pressing on button and + same time, and there in display it was "lo", "high", and "au" (auto). geez haha, well the unit went off as it is at the set temp now.
thanks for your post that jump started me.

bill & jodi
You're welcome!
Have a great weekend!

TURBS

"SABRE OWNERS UNITED"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote