Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #1

After Nine Weeks In 36RE..

Home after 9 weeks out in 2010 36RE with some problems we made it safe. While spending sometime in FL in our 36RE I noticed something wrong with wheel, just did not look right, after jacking unit up found that bearing was shot with over 3 in of play in hub. Tried to find bearing to fit with no luck called Lippert and was informed that the axles had been recalled and they would send replacements. Unable to find someone to put them in I did the work myself in campground, man what a nice learning experance to say the least but now I know and that is good. If you have the SBS system axles and hubs would be wise to get numbers and call Lippert to see if yours where also recalled. Did get a chance to meet up and spend a couple days with Lou and Laura (herk7769) and still wondering how he got her, lol, just kidding Lou.
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #2

Axle replacement

Is your rv a Wildcat? If so what year. How would I know what kind of axle system we have? Our rv is a Wildcat 313 RE-OK 2012, got me worried now.
Pleasantsurroundings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Glad to hear you were able to make it home OK.
FR stopped using LCI a couple of years back. They were replaced with Dexter axles, springs, ez flex, never adjust brakes and ez lube bearings. Mikey, who you can find in this forum, has a pair of 7000lb Dexter axles that are take-offs from his 2013 36CKTS for sale.... Or better yet, head to Moryde in Indiana and get a IS installed!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes View Post
... and still wondering how he got her,...
He is/was VERY lucky to get her. Not kidding!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleasantsurroundings View Post
Is your rv a Wildcat? If so what year. How would I know what kind of axle system we have? Our rv is a Wildcat 313 RE-OK 2012, got me worried now.
It's a Cedar Creek. Your Wildcat is a nice unit but
at under 10000 lbs, you most likely would not have 7000 lb axles so it would not matter if you had LCI. As far as I know, the issues were with the heavier trailers but you should check in the wildcat forum...
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #6

Lippert was on the ball and sent everything needed to replace the axles and hubs. The hardest thing was jacking the unit up and placeing it on jack stands. One thing I would like to see FR and others do is put "Jack Plates" on there units to help those who have to jack up a unit to change a tire or what ever and I think it would also help keep people from useing the axle to jack up there unit.
Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote