Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2019, 10:21 PM   #61
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Did this work cost you anything or is it warranty since it is a new unit?

Who decided what was being done?
In case you didn't know, they only work on Cedar Creek models.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 03:09 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
In case you didn't know, they only work on Cedar Creek models.

Yes I am aware of that fact

We are looking at purchasing a Cedar Creek in the near future
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:02 AM   #63

Just for info on warranty. Here's some scenarios:

IF (big if) the factory tells you that they'll pay for X or Y or Z work, under warranty, they might send you to Orvan instead. They don't designate resources all day, every day, to do warranty work at factory. They do that work there, yes. But they trust Orvan to do it and might offload to him. That's how I found Orvan originally.

IF you just take it to Orvan without contacting factory first, he is in contact with the Factory daily. He's 2 miles south of factory. He talks to Warranty Manager (Denise) constantly. SO, if there is a question, Orvan will get clearance from Denise to cover this or that work under warranty. If she says no, then you pay Orvan.

If I thought there was a chance my work would be covered under warranty, I'd ask Orvan to check with Denise, but I have to be prepared to pay Orvan for all of it if she turns him down for whatever reason. Warranty is one year, so sooner or later you'll have to belly up to the bar yourself. But if a problem is chronic, and you've tried since you had it to get it fixed (dealer, factory, Orvan, whatever), they generally will stand behind that problem till it's fixed. No guarantees. Honey attracts more flies than vinegar, FWIW.

Warranty or not, I go see Orvan every year. That said, CC has been almost unbelievable in their support of my unit and repairs. I'm sure I'm pretty much past what they'll cover, but I'm also confident my issues are pretty much all fixed. Stuff breaks down as much as I/we use it, though, so there is always something to fix.

Orvan also does all kinds of things........cabinets, roofs, electrical, hydraulics, you name it. As of last August, his labor rate is $110 an hour, plus parts of course.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 08:41 AM   #64

Cost for additional work beyond warranty was $1355.00.
tmims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:18 AM   #65

No matter who pays for it, bottom line seems to be worth every penny for outstanding service.....too bad every division does not have an Orvan in their arsenal [emoji6]

It is definitely keeping CC at the top of our “next” list more and more

We will be ordering rather than an in-stock at dealer to get what we want since most we find seem to have that one thing we do not prefer

A post-purchase inspection/once over by Orvan’s facility will most certainly be planned as well - thank you all for re-affirming our faith in CC
Old 11-03-2019, 10:23 AM   #66

I will be dropping my rig off on Dec.7th to get some warranty work done. The frig is not level the main slide gear on it broke and messed he bottom of the wall up when it came in crooked, dealer fixedthe gear not the wall.the slide seems to be much better but will feel better knowing they will look it over, and a small list of other things that need corrected. See what Orvin suggests that should be corrected.
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 05:42 PM   #67

Orvan and crew will know what to do, he will align all slides , likely recommend the gear pack retention device and fix the wall. I plan on making the trip from Georgia every other year, and camp / visit more of the mid west. He will likely find things you are not aware of and you will be happy with their work.
tmims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:19 PM   #68

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmims View Post
Orvan and crew will know what to do, he will align all slides , likely recommend the gear pack retention device and fix the wall. I plan on making the trip from Georgia every other year, and camp / visit more of the mid west. He will likely find things you are not aware of and you will be happy with their work.
i have no doubt!
mshenygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmims View Post
We are just back from our appointment with Orvan and crew. We have never experienced service like we did from Orvan, Curt, and Orley - ever! They addressed numerous small warranty items for us and also completed some additions such as installed additional rear LED tail lights, added the slide gear packs, we opted for the axle retro kit, and had them re-plumb the shower and bathroom sinks to the same grey tank as well as some other items. They took great care to be sure EVERY item works and installed correctly in the entire coach. They worked on our unit starting at 6 AM Monday and were finished by 11 AM Tuesday.

I will certainly attest that the 700 mile one way trip to have them exert their expertise and experience was certainly worth it! We took in beautiful Chain O' Lakes State Park on the way (21 miles away from Topeka) as well as enjoyed a CC factory tour. We certainly know where we will take our CC for service in the future. Can't speak highly enough about Amish Family RV Serrvice!
RogerY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:24 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerY View Post
We are just back from our appointment with Orvan and crew. We have never experienced service like we did from Orvan, Curt, and Orley - ever! They addressed numerous small warranty items for us and also completed some additions such as installed additional rear LED tail lights, added the slide gear packs, we opted for the axle retro kit, and had them re-plumb the shower and bathroom sinks to the same grey tank as well as some other items. They took great care to be sure EVERY item works and installed correctly in the entire coach. They worked on our unit starting at 6 AM Monday and were finished by 11 AM Tuesday.

I will certainly attest that the 700 mile one way trip to have them exert their expertise and experience was certainly worth it! We took in beautiful Chain O' Lakes State Park on the way (21 miles away from Topeka) as well as enjoyed a CC factory tour. We certainly know where we will take our CC for service in the future. Can't speak highly enough about Amish Family RV Serrvice!

What is the replumb work that keeps being mentioned? Is the unit not being plumbed correctly in the factory?
Old 11-03-2019, 09:38 PM   #71

Factory plumbs shower and galley sink together, bathroom sinks and clothes washer together. We did not opt for the clothes washer so we had them plumb the galley sink separate from the shower so as to gain more grey water capacity for the shower. When on FHU at a CG, we like our showers!
RogerY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:12 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerY View Post
Factory plumbs shower and galley sink together, bathroom sinks and clothes washer together. We did not opt for the clothes washer so we had them plumb the galley sink separate from the shower so as to gain more grey water capacity for the shower. When on FHU at a CG, we like our showers!

Well that is just stupid....even more so if you have the dishwasher option

Its almost like they need to consider a third grey for washer somehow

Our Crusader has a grey just for galley and other grey is bathroom and WD if you have one - galley fills fast enough already

I do alot of dishes and with daily showers that tank is going to fill fast

Something to add to our CON list for a new CC - wonder if the Riverstone is the same way? The front kitchen models are the ones we are considering in both lines
Old 11-04-2019, 06:47 AM   #73

I've read that you can put a cap on the waste outlet and open the 2 gate valves for the 2 separate grey tanks. The theory is that they would equalize and effectively become a single tank.

Does this work? I was going to try it last time out but forgot.

Jim
Old 11-04-2019, 07:55 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
Well that is just stupid....even more so if you have the dishwasher option

Its almost like they need to consider a third grey for washer somehow

Our Crusader has a grey just for galley and other grey is bathroom and WD if you have one - galley fills fast enough already

I do alot of dishes and with daily showers that tank is going to fill fast

Something to add to our CON list for a new CC - wonder if the Riverstone is the same way? The front kitchen models are the ones we are considering in both lines
On our River Stone the washing machine is plumbed to the kitchen galley, now that is in a 38MB not sure how other floorplans are plumbed.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:07 AM   #75

My washing machine drains to the same tank as the shower. I figured this out after installing the Spendide and washing a couple loads of clothes and water backed up into the shower pan. Now I keep a sharper eye on that tank water level.

What is this gear pack thing on the slides that is mentioned? Anyone have a picture?

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:11 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
My washing machine drains to the same tank as the shower. I figured this out after installing the Spendide and washing a couple loads of clothes and water backed up into the shower pan. Now I keep a sharper eye on that tank water level.

What is this gear pack thing on the slides that is mentioned? Anyone have a picture?
Look around the road grime. The black part is to keep the gear pack aligned. Orvan charges $34.00 a piece plus labor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gear Pack.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	549.2 KB
ID:	218653  
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:44 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Florida View Post
I've read that you can put a cap on the waste outlet and open the 2 gate valves for the 2 separate grey tanks. The theory is that they would equalize and effectively become a single tank.

Does this work? I was going to try it last time out but forgot.

Jim
I do that all the time. Works fine for me. It is also good to have this valve attached in case you have any valve leaks.

https://smile.amazon.com/Valterra-T5...s%2C192&sr=8-2

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:12 PM   #78

We are looking at the front kitchen model so the grey tank issue will definitely be addressed when we are ready to purchase
Old 11-04-2019, 04:08 PM   #79

gear pack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gear Pack.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	409.5 KB
ID:	218657  
kinzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 06:06 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinzoo View Post
gear pack
And tell me what it does? Can these be bought or is this an Orvin built product?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote