Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2019, 06:41 AM   #1

Smile Amish Family RV

Just picked up our 35IK from Amish Family RV and cannot say enough good about the excellent customer service, quick turn around, and that the repairs were all preformed to the highest standard I have ever seen. Orvin and his crew not only repaired all of our warranty items, adjusted and improved fit and finish throughout our fifth wheel, he suggested a couple of modifications that where very useful. We are from Idaho so it is a long way to go for repairs, however since we were on a trip out his way it worked out for us. If I can I will try to schedule a trip out that way in a few years just to have him adjust and look over our fifth wheel.
boomer116ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:10 AM   #2

Own and his crew are the best, If you own a Cedar Creek it is the only place to take it for repairs. He will find and repair things that you would never dream was an issue
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #3

Orvan and his crew are excellent. We drove from Georgia in May to have him correct a couple of minor items under warranty. After he went over the trailer, he had a 3 page list of items to be addressed! Some were just cosmetic and the biggest, was "burning some torque" into the main slide to bring it back into square.

It sure is comforting to know that someone so honest and knowledgeable is out there to service our Cedar Creeks. A bonus is that you'll probably get to visit with his father, who is a charming character!
Old 08-01-2019, 07:57 PM   #4

If you're from far away what do you do while your Creek is in Orvin's shop? There is some things I'd like Orvin to do but I don't want to be running back and forth from NC to IN, nor do I want to stay holed up in a hotel for several days.
2020 Cedar Creek Hathaway 34IK, Reese 19K Sidewinder PB.
Daycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
If you're from far away what do you do while your Creek is in Orvin's shop? There is some things I'd like Orvin to do but I don't want to be running back and forth from NC to IN, nor do I want to stay holed up in a hotel for several days.
I drove from Florida. I spent the night before in my RV in a campground and then took it in the next morning. He did a lot of work on slides, replace front cap, fixed a plumbing problem, made some upgrades and repaired the rear of my RV where I damages it in one day. I had to spend 1 night in a hotel.

If you don’t have major repair, he can get you in and out in one day. He schedules his work very well. Call him and discuss your issues and he will will be able to tell you how long.

You will have to schedule some time out though....

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #6

Amish Family RV

The wife and I took our cedar creek up to him two weeks ago and it only took one day to replace the roof. What could be better than having a roof that Orvan put on. He will be the only one who ever touches my cedar creek.
hillsvillehokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:08 AM   #7

How far in advance do you have to make an appointment??
kinzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #8

If your repairs take more than one day he is doing major repairs, they are amazing at what they can accomplish in a single day
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:59 PM   #9

It is very heartening to see an RV repair shop which is so detail oriented. Kudo's to Amish RV. Fortunately, we've had no major issues in four years with our Rockwood Signature ultra lite. Does he work on Rockwood fifth wheels?

2014 Rockwood Signature 8282 Ultra-Lite
2008 RAM 3500 HD DRW Laramie Megacab
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #10

He only works on CCs....we took our brand new 5ver to him...straight from the dealer....he found things that won't be cropping up for 3 or 4 years. He fixed it all in 5 or 6 hrs and sent the bill to the factory.

We live in Southern MD, bought our signature RV in Ohio....so it was killing 2 birds with one stone. We have a pretty good independent service facility that we have used in the past for some maintenance....but for serious stuff, I'd drive or Orvan!!

His father is a treasure.....he's worth the price of admission - LOL

Mike
USN 76-82
Retired Dept of Navy: Navy/USMC Flt Test Engineer
Splashes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #11

Is this a dealer which sells and services CC's or is it primarily a repair shop? I do think that the Plain businesses (Amish and Old Order Mennonite) are very quality oriented and very ethical. They rarely take advantage of customers as some in the industry do.

2014 Rockwood Signature 8282 Ultra-Lite
2008 RAM 3500 HD DRW Laramie Megacab
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Grapehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapehound View Post
Is this a dealer which sells and services CC's or is it primarily a repair shop? I do think that the Plain businesses (Amish and Old Order Mennonite) are very quality oriented and very ethical. They rarely take advantage of customers as some in the industry do.
Orvan is independent. He worked for CC for over 15 years. Went out on his own but he has a very good relationship to CC. CC recommended him to me when we needed repairs.

He works with the factory and has an in on getting parts and with the warranty reps. Honest, great pride in his work... That was my experience and I would drive from FL again for major issues.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:34 PM   #13
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycruiser View Post
Having your R/V repaired by what is undoubtedly the best CC repair facility in the entire USA isn't worth a few days in a hotel?

I don't understand, sorry.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Having your R/V repaired by what is undoubtedly the best CC repair facility in the entire USA isn't worth a few days in a hotel?

I don't understand, sorry.

Well, because it's a couple of days to get there, not going to drive that in one day. However many days there and a couple days back again, so assume 5 days off from work plus fuel, that's pushing $3K for me on top of what he charges me. Does that clear it up for you? Pretty expensive repairs don't ya think? If I was retired like many here that would be a whole different story, sadly I'm not.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:18 PM   #15

Ya’ll are making me jealous. I’m not sure where Amish RV is but too far from Oregon!
Old 08-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #16

Ha Ha. If you were retired like some of us on here you probably still wouldn't have much time to spare and even less money to spend. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Old 08-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #17

Hate to break it to you but time and money have nothing to do with being retired.

Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:43 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
Ha Ha. If you were retired like some of us on here you probably still wouldn't have much time to spare and even less money to spend. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)
Not sure if your reply was to me but I retired 18 years ago at age 52 and I say often to equally retired wife, “Damn, I’d we weren’t having so much fun we’d have more time to have fun”.
Old 08-03-2019, 10:02 AM   #19

No way. Sorry I don't usually mention names. I just didn't want Daycruiser to think freedom 65 was just a bed of roses for everyone. Especially if you have children and grandchildren to spoil. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)

Old 08-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
No way. Sorry I don't usually mention names. I just didn't want Daycruiser to think freedom 65 was just a bed of roses for everyone. Especially if you have children and grandchildren to spoil. Old Guys (Brian and Joanne)

With 14 months to go to freedom 63 it's just me, the DW and one very loved Golden Retriever hitting the road full time for a few years. The kids are in their late thirties with no kids of their own and living on opposite coasts of the US. So no spoiling to worry about except the dog. The rig is brand new but there are some modifications that I want Orvin to do that a friend had done to his new Creek but that will have to wait until after I retire next year, maybe I'll break something I can't fix myself in the mean time and Orvin can fix that too.