Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclocklin View Post
Hello has any used these to help stabilize your 5er?. We have a Cedar Creek 36ck2 and wondering if they would make a differenceAttachment 203389
Yes, work great, just be careful on front stabilizers. You may run out of Jack to get front low enough. Ask me how I know!!!
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
To me they are a waste of good hard earn $$$$. Why? They are of a fixed height and plastic so, they will deteriorate over time. I have never needed 8" of pad height for my needs I usually get by with 5" tall in he front and 3" under the other stabilizer legs on my Cedar Creek.

I use wooden blocks and boards of various thickness for my needs. The blocks are cut 4X4X12" long and the boards are 2X8X12". I also carry two packs of the plastic Lego style leveling pads. This way I can achieve the proper height I need before extending my legs all around.
Just my $0.02
Wood would rot before these deteriorated.
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:26 PM   #23

I have 2 of these that I use in the front of my RV. We starting using them after we had a close call with our leveling system getting in a bind and have loved them ever since. I will say that we usually are in parking lot and on level ground. I did however see this video and thought I would share. You might want to wait and see what they develop.

https://youtu.be/qcsbT_eW7eY
Tx2Stepn Yorkies
Tx2Stepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 06:40 PM   #24

4x6 blocks for me. Buy a 12 footer and you cut to what toy want cheap and reliable.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbutler View Post
I have a piece of 6" x 10" wood that my boat trailer tongue sat on for 20 years out in the weather. It shows a little wear and tear but still totally functional.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #26

I've got a box of wooden blocks. 2x10 & 2x12 Most of them I've had since our first popup in 84. Coated them with Linsead oil every couple years or so. If one splits, into the campfire it goes and I make a new one with scraps I keep at home.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #27

This has been first significant trip with our 5th wheel where we have found out that not all campsites are as level as they could be. The first time was at a campground in Kentucky on our way to Tennessee. Took us totally by surprise when we hit the auto leveler and the front jacks went to maximum travel with one of front ones not touching the ground after auto level stopped. The campground did offer to move us which we did. The second time was coming back through Kentucky at a different campground where we noticed that the 5th listed to one side so much that I knew we would need additional blocks so as to not over extend the jacks. They provided some 4x4 timbers to put under the jacks so they didn't travel to maximum length.
In the first year our camping sites have been quite level and we did not carry anything to help block the jacks for uneven ground other then some thin yellow pads so the jacks didn't sink into the ground. Needless to say I have been looking on line for options besides carrying blocks of wood with us.
I like the Snap Pads that basically attach permanently to the jack which would eliminate the need for the thin yellow pads we now have to manually align each time we use them as the jacks come down. I have also been looking at the lego type leveling blocks, but wondering which brand (Camco, Tri-Lynx, etc) might work best with the Snap Pads when needed. I understand that Snap Pad might have something in the future to work in conjunction with their current product, but I might not want to wait on that.
At the least I will probably add some 2x10's when I get home this coming week.

2018 Cedar Creek 36CK2 (40.5ft)
TST Cap System (Tire Monitoring)
2021 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab 4X4 DRW Duramax (replaced 2015 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 Duramax)
Curt A25 5th Wheel Hitch (replaced Demco 18K Auto-slide)
LittleBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:17 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbutler View Post
Wood is cheap and is a renewable resource, for what the cost of your PLASTIC supports, I can purchase serval 4"X4"X8' post for my needs. In fact I still have a few boards that I purchased 10 years ago that I still use.

For all of the "Greenies" out there wood does not harm the environment such as the plastic does. When it fails which it will as all things man made will. You will simply throw this away and it will be added to a landfill to lay for millennium not being used for any purpose. It will never deteriorate to be able to return to the earth.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #29

We used to carry around a forest worth of wood blocks of various sizes for leveling. I got tired of all the space they took up.
For our 6 point Level-up, I replaced all the wood with Lynx levelers. They are each one inch thick and you can stack 5. We usually carry two sets (20 pieces). Simple, light weight, and take up very little room.
After you use your level-up system awhile, you can eyeball how many blocks you will need under which jacks.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:55 PM   #30

Thanks so very much for everyone's input on the Anderson Blocks. I have decided that because at the present time we do very little traveling I am going.to make some blocks using 2x10
jmcclocklin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock