Old 10-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #11
I have never bought a trailer where I found all the defects during a PDI. I don't waste a lot of time doing one. I check the major systems and spend a few minutes looking for major flaws and I'm on my way. There will always be small things that need attention and you can usually fix them yourself.

2015 Chev Silverado 3500 dually D/A
2016 Cedar Creek 36CK
B&W Patriot 18K, Trail-Aire pinbox,
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #12
Cedar creek owners

Make sure you pay attention to fit and finish of all moldings and other trim item . Dealer had to remove and recut and fix sloppy putty attempts before we would accept trailer . Get up on roof and do a thorough inspection . All major system were good to go , but the trim and sloppy attempts to make it fit werent going to cut it . We got our silverback 37 BH in April and the last part for a jacknife bed yesterday .so overall we r very happy with it

Gene Gleason

litespan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #13
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Yea just got to the factory this morning and looking at all the new campers and I get the urge to trade. DW wants a Cottage to put at the beach, they are pretty. I want a 36CKTS, dual pane windows, a Onan onboard generator, stacked washer/dryer, microwave/convection oven, two air conditioners, residential refrigerator but not level up. Trav'ler Direct satellite dish for DW. Maybe trade out my king bed with dealer, I like my Trump. Also trade out tires that I have with dealer. A dishwasher would be nice. DW does not want a dishwasher but if something should happen to DW then the nineteen year old new DW might not want to wash dishes

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

That is what DW stands for, right? DishWasher??
2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:44 PM   #14
Global Nomad
Cedar Creek PDI

I bought my 36CKTS this January. My first RV. I needed the PDI because I knew nothing. A couple minor things found at PDI which were corrected on the spot. Only one major thing, when using hydraulics breaker would trip. First, I never would have found the breaker in a year of looking. Second, the wrong breaker was installed (which was the reason it tripped) fixed on the spot.

Out on the road, I realized the storm window for the front door not included. Dealer gave me a hard time (Chesaco in Maryland). Called Cedar Creek factor, inserts sent out same day, no charge. They were great to work with, including returning my call.
Steven J. Scheinin
2015 RAM 3500 4X4
6.7L CTD Dually pulling a
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:39 PM   #15
check fit and finish

besides trying out everything when we did our PDI we looked at the fit and finish of the unit (inside cabinets line up, screws/staples inserted correctly/nicely, wire looming tidy - that sort of thing). I didn't know much about trailers but figured that if the things we could see were a mess then what about what we couldn't see (underbelly, plumbing/wiring inside walls, etc.)? We turned down a couple of tt's for these reasons and are happy with what we finally bought, haven't had too many problems (knock wood) cincia
and my furry kids - Cesare, Cincia, and Dante
Chevy Express 3500 van
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #16
DW stands for delightful wife. We can all hope, right?

2008 F250 6.4l srw
2016 CC SB 33ik
Georgia Based

mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote

cedar creek