Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 06:47 AM   #1

Any Cedar Creek owners

I am trading my 2015 Flagstaff 8528rkws for a cedar creek 34rl. Anyone out there have Cedar Creek experience and what I should be looking for on PDI.
Thanks and have a great day!
Ziggyboy
Ziggyb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:00 AM   #2

Like any other RV, you need a thorough walk thru paying particular attention that things fit and work correctly.
My nearly 12 year old CC has been really great. But after looking at several new ones it makes me wonder.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:04 AM   #3

The things I found wrong on mine could not have been discovered on any PDI. They're getting fixed under warranty. Once fixed, I still think this will be one of the better trailers of all that I looked at for over a year. Any of the others could have had the same problems, or worse. CC has stepped up 100%, and it's being repaired at my local dealer just fine, even though I didn't buy it here.

Construction of the frame, sides, etc., and amenities are what sold me.

Good luck.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:21 PM   #4

I have a 32RL Cedar Creek that's not made anymore but we love it. Front cap faded and getting a new one put on at the factory tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:30 PM   #5

Make sure they go over the electrics, and hydraulic systems thoroughly with you just in case something fails then you can bypass and work the systems manually if need be.
dkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:31 PM   #6

Hey Spock. My Silverback 29RE is at the factory right now for warranty work. Actually, they are finished with it and it should be on it's way back to Texas soon.

As far as things to look for. One of the most common items is the mocha cap fade. I think Cedar Creek has a descent build quality especially compared with others. Mine was a combination of things. It was frustrating at times but in the end Cedar Creek has stood by the unit and stepped up to the plate and even went beyond in my case taking care of things. It pulls like a dream and I'll never have another unit without a level up system.

I anticipate many years of service out of mine. My dealer, Funtown Waco and the GM have really been key in getting things lined out. I will update my thread when I can acttually lay my hands on it.

Not really on Cedar Creek, but my biggest complaint is the dometic whisper quiet. Very quiet outside but like a Jet engine inside. Forget conversation in the bedroom if the AC is on.

Salt
Salt Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:42 AM   #7
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly View Post
Make sure they go over the electrics, and hydraulic systems thoroughly with you just in case something fails then you can bypass and work the systems manually if need be.
X2! The circuit breakers for the hydraulics are teenie tiny and if you don't know where to look, they're nearly impossible to find. Knowing that and how to manually work the slides and jacks using an electric drill would have saved us five days and a couple hundred bucks on our last trip
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 06:58 AM   #8

Yea just got to the factory this morning and looking at all the new campers and I get the urge to trade. DW wants a Cottage to put at the beach, they are pretty. I want a 36CKTS, dual pane windows, a Onan onboard generator, stacked washer/dryer, microwave/convection oven, two air conditioners, residential refrigerator but not level up. Trav'ler Direct satellite dish for DW. Maybe trade out my king bed with dealer, I like my Trump. Also trade out tires that I have with dealer. A dishwasher would be nice. DW does not want a dishwasher but if something should happen to DW then the nineteen year old new DW might not want to wash dishes

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:22 AM   #9

Level up is the #1 Reason, and maybe #2, and #3.......of why I bought my CC.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 08:27 AM   #10

DW does not want a dishwasher but if something should happen to DW then the nineteen year old new DW might not want to wash dishes

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums[/QUOTE]

Funny. That reminded me of the golf joke.

My DW is 43 and I am 52...that is enough for me. I have a 23 YO DD and I have no interest in anything that age.

born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:10 AM   #11

I have never bought a trailer where I found all the defects during a PDI. I don't waste a lot of time doing one. I check the major systems and spend a few minutes looking for major flaws and I'm on my way. There will always be small things that need attention and you can usually fix them yourself.
Level up, dual panes & all that stuff...
GOTTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #12

Cedar creek owners

Make sure you pay attention to fit and finish of all moldings and other trim item . Dealer had to remove and recut and fix sloppy putty attempts before we would accept trailer . Get up on roof and do a thorough inspection . All major system were good to go , but the trim and sloppy attempts to make it fit werent going to cut it . We got our silverback 37 BH in April and the last part for a jacknife bed yesterday .so overall we r very happy with it

Gene Gleason
litespan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Yea just got to the factory this morning and looking at all the new campers and I get the urge to trade. DW wants a Cottage to put at the beach, they are pretty. I want a 36CKTS, dual pane windows, a Onan onboard generator, stacked washer/dryer, microwave/convection oven, two air conditioners, residential refrigerator but not level up. Trav'ler Direct satellite dish for DW. Maybe trade out my king bed with dealer, I like my Trump. Also trade out tires that I have with dealer. A dishwasher would be nice. DW does not want a dishwasher but if something should happen to DW then the nineteen year old new DW might not want to wash dishes

That is what DW stands for, right? DishWasher??
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:44 PM   #14
Global Nomad

Cedar Creek PDI

I bought my 36CKTS this January. My first RV. I needed the PDI because I knew nothing. A couple minor things found at PDI which were corrected on the spot. Only one major thing, when using hydraulics breaker would trip. First, I never would have found the breaker in a year of looking. Second, the wrong breaker was installed (which was the reason it tripped) fixed on the spot.

Out on the road, I realized the storm window for the front door not included. Dealer gave me a hard time (Chesaco in Maryland). Called Cedar Creek factor, inserts sent out same day, no charge. They were great to work with, including returning my call.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:39 PM   #15

check fit and finish

besides trying out everything when we did our PDI we looked at the fit and finish of the unit (inside cabinets line up, screws/staples inserted correctly/nicely, wire looming tidy - that sort of thing). I didn't know much about trailers but figured that if the things we could see were a mess then what about what we couldn't see (underbelly, plumbing/wiring inside walls, etc.)? We turned down a couple of tt's for these reasons and are happy with what we finally bought, haven't had too many problems (knock wood) cincia

Chevy Express 3500 van
Palomino Solaire 251RBSS
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 05:47 AM   #16

DW stands for delightful wife. We can all hope, right?

2008 F250 6.4l srw
2016 CC SB 33ik
Georgia Based
mbbutler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek