Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2017, 07:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
If I was ordering a Cedar Creek now I would order the propane/electric one. The residential is nice but you are never that far away from a Walmart or a grocery store, even in Canada or Alaska. The 13cf gas/electric is nice too, I saw some units with ice makers. Are you getting the new steps? Did you get the on demand hot water heater?

Yes, on the steps. No, on the on demand hot water heater. I have no personal experience with the on demand but I was told it was not a good choice for dry camping and navy showers. I was told the water would go from cold to hot every time you turn the water on and off again. I like the I idea of the on demand especially the more efficient use of propane but I don't believe it would work for me.
Fireman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:09 PM   #22

I would like a on demand hot water heater at home but not on the camper. If you need more hot water you can always turn on both the electric and the propane at the same time. Also when staying at campgrounds I like taking advantage of electric, I use a electric fry pan in campgrounds, it will fry a steak, the only way to cook a steak
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 07:28 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I would like a on demand hot water heater at home but not on the camper. If you need more hot water you can always turn on both the electric and the propane at the same time. Also when staying at campgrounds I like taking advantage of electric, I use a electric fry pan in campgrounds, it will fry a steak, the only way to cook a steak

I do have a on demand at home and it is great. I agree with you it's not the best fit for my style of camping. Now for that steak, I like mine Barbecued.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:00 PM   #24

I just got a 2018 34RL2. Both airs are domestic 15000. Tablet did not come with it,only a remote, salesman said I could put app on phone and do everything the little LCD panel on the wall does. Wrong can't do that. I too use remote for everything however one time I got in to an alarm mode while leveling ,you have to go inside to LCD under the cabinet to clear. Had a few minor issues:
Back up cam unwired from factory, it looks up to running lights.
Fridge didn't come with locking handle, doors eill come open and dent.Congoleum flooring in living area buckled up. Yellow wire under pin box, back up light wire was hot,stripped in 4 x4 box, blew fuse in truck. Two screws from solar panel a bit too long and protruded thru ceiling, vacuum bag not installed in vac system,it was next to it, couldn't get ice maker or water in fridge to work, found a small round button under slide- pull it to turn on water line. I have two 12 volt batteries, they last 25 hrs for fridge operstion,you need two, don't accept just one. Hope this helps.
Jackfacente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 09:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackfacente View Post
I just got a 2018 34RL2. Both airs are domestic 15000. Tablet did not come with it,only a remote, salesman said I could put app on phone and do everything the little LCD panel on the wall does. Wrong can't do that. I too use remote for everything however one time I got in to an alarm mode while leveling ,you have to go inside to LCD under the cabinet to clear. Had a few minor issues:
Back up cam unwired from factory, it looks up to running lights.
Fridge didn't come with locking handle, doors eill come open and dent.Congoleum flooring in living area buckled up. Yellow wire under pin box, back up light wire was hot,stripped in 4 x4 box, blew fuse in truck. Two screws from solar panel a bit too long and protruded thru ceiling, vacuum bag not installed in vac system,it was next to it, couldn't get ice maker or water in fridge to work, found a small round button under slide- pull it to turn on water line. I have two 12 volt batteries, they last 25 hrs for fridge operstion,you need two, don't accept just one. Hope this helps.

That is a little concerning. I am sorry you are having issues. I am disappointed it will not have the tablet. I heard from my dealer about the unwired camera working off the running lights. I am going to go with the factory Ford accessory camera. The dealer says I get two and I have the two Blue top Optimas from my old trailer. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-28-2017, 03:10 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1 View Post
Yes, on the steps. No, on the on demand hot water heater. I have no personal experience with the on demand but I was told it was not a good choice for dry camping and navy showers. I was told the water would go from cold to hot every time you turn the water on and off again. I like the I idea of the on demand especially the more efficient use of propane but I don't believe it would work for me.

We got the on dmand hot water heater.....it is aw some when you have a shower as it never runs out of hot water (but that could be a problem if you are dry camping or concernd about how much water you use). For kitchen use i seem to waste more water if i turn it off as it does get colder until it heats up again.
suelev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 09:00 AM   #27

Anyone that has issues with 3 door res refrigerator doors coming open, PM me. However, I'm about to break camp and head to daughter's house and it might be 3 days before I have wifi again. I have the fix for that.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:54 PM   #28

Quote:
I have a 34RL2 on order and I have a few questions. I would like to know what model A/C is used for main or rear unit. I also would like to know if the trailer comes with a tablet or a remote for controlling jacks, awnings, lights, etc. and what does it control. I am sure I will have additional questions but that's what I could think of right now.
Thank you.
There are some serious problems with the LIPPERT remote units. The control module gets overheated and it is not in an electrical enclosure but put behind the kitchen cabinets out of sight. I do not have it on my 2017 Cedar Creek and I do fine without one.
richard6335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Anyone that has issues with 3 door res refrigerator doors coming open, PM me. However, I'm about to break camp and head to daughter's house and it might be 3 days before I have wifi again. I have the fix for that.
The huge fridge rocks and rolls on the move. It is top heavy and wife and I found out the hard way with beers and food all mixed on the floor upon arrival. It can be secured several ways we took a broom handle and ran it through the handles. One tip, the sliding doors will open up even if locked during transit. a piece of wood in the track will prevent this because your blinds will be shredded by time you stop
richard6335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 03:02 PM   #30

I will say this. PLEASE write this down.

IF a Lippert (not Cedar Creek) tech tries to diagnose a slide issue and he says "It is in the ALTA (remote) board", tell him to bug off and don't listen. It's not. On that you have to trust me. It's their way of passing the buck........incorrectly. I am still getting my slides fixed, but their issues are NOT the fault of the remote (Alta) board.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-28-2017, 03:04 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard6335 View Post

The huge fridge rocks and rolls on the move. It is top heavy and wife and I found out the hard way with beers and food all mixed on the floor upon arrival. It can be secured several ways we took a broom handle and ran it through the handles. One tip, the sliding doors will open up even if locked during transit. a piece of wood in the track will prevent this because your blinds will be shredded by time you stop
I am beta tester for a guy who has a fix for this. The Fridge Fixer. It works great. Email him at

Carl <ckabrahamson@cox.net>

and tell him I sent you. Easy install, permanent fix.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard6335 View Post

My dealer has a trailer in for service right now that has an issue with residential ridge moving and damaging the cabinets around it. They are adding wood shims and trim boards on the top to keep it from moving.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:46 AM   #33

Mine was sitting on a mount and the mount collapsed and the refrigerator fell out. The refrigerator sits on the floor now
Old 08-29-2017, 11:22 AM   #34

Good luck with your CC Hathaway. We received our Hathaway in May. Because of medical conditions it sat in the driveway until the last of July when we made our maden voyage. What a disaster. There was so much wrong with this trailer that I told the service manager the best thing that he could do was to sene it back to Indiana. I will not go into all of the details, but just hit the lowlights.
It started before I left the driveway. The pass thru hatch on the curb side could not be latched because it was not centered in the hole or the hole was too big and would not latch. Remedy, shim the lower edge to make it higher for the latch to catch. The screen door won't latch because the door is installed so crooked that the door binds when trying to close.
When we arrived at the campground, the kitchen slide jumped up and down and poped and snaped and finally went crooked. Would not open or close. Fortunately there was a mobile repairman who came to the rescue. I gave his number to my service manager and made them call the repairman. Still have not been re-imbursed by Cedar Creek.
This is my third and last Cedar Creek. We are so dissappointed. I can guarantee it will be our last. The quality that I expected from Cedar Creek is just not there. I am actually afraid to take any long trips for fear of what else will go wrong. None of this showed up on the pdi.
dwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I am beta tester for a guy who has a fix for this. The Fridge Fixer. It works great. Email him at

Carl <ckabrahamson@cox.net>

and tell him I sent you. Easy install, permanent fix.
We bought the Fridge Fixer and it is the ultimate solution to keeping the fridge doors/drawer closed securely. Don't consider it, just do it is my advise.
TandSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 09:44 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwebster View Post
Good luck with your CC Hathaway. We received our Hathaway in May. Because of medical conditions it sat in the driveway until the last of July when we made our maden voyage. What a disaster. There was so much wrong with this trailer that I told the service manager the best thing that he could do was to sene it back to Indiana. I will not go into all of the details, but just hit the lowlights.
It started before I left the driveway. The pass thru hatch on the curb side could not be latched because it was not centered in the hole or the hole was too big and would not latch. Remedy, shim the lower edge to make it higher for the latch to catch. The screen door won't latch because the door is installed so crooked that the door binds when trying to close.
When we arrived at the campground, the kitchen slide jumped up and down and poped and snaped and finally went crooked. Would not open or close. Fortunately there was a mobile repairman who came to the rescue. I gave his number to my service manager and made them call the repairman. Still have not been re-imbursed by Cedar Creek.
This is my third and last Cedar Creek. We are so dissappointed. I can guarantee it will be our last. The quality that I expected from Cedar Creek is just not there. I am actually afraid to take any long trips for fear of what else will go wrong. None of this showed up on the pdi.

Sorry to hear of your problems with your Cedar Creek, we have had a few problems but they have been addressed by Cedar Creek and fixed. We are looking at another Creek maybe at the end of next year. We like the 38FBD, we really like the half a bath. All our windows curtains fell but I have gotten pretty good at putting up curtains. We have had the front cap replaced and now the rear one has to be replaced. Cedar Creek has been great to work with
Old 11-13-2017, 11:13 PM   #37

Anyone have a 2018 Cedar Creek Hathaway Edition?

My 2018 34RL2 has arrived at the dealer. I stopped by Saturday the day it arrived and it looks good. I hope trailer is ready for pick tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #38

Quote:
My 2018 34RL2 has arrived at the dealer. I stopped by Saturday the day it arrived and it looks good. I hope trailer is ready for pick tomorrow.
I'll be interested in updates here as we are ordering one in the next 35 days. Just waiting for the winter snow to clear up north.
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:44 PM   #39

We love it. We went to Bodega Bay camping before Christmas. We stayed at Doran Park. The weather was beautiful. The trailer is very comfortable and quiet. The added R values and the dual pane windows make a big difference. So far everything is working as designed. The trailer towed great with my Dad's Dodge 3500 SRW. I love the Trailair pin box. I can't wait till my 2018 Ford F-350 comes in. I have added a Magnum 2000 watt inverter\charger and 4 12 volt Optima blue top AGM batteries.

Fireman
Old 01-04-2018, 06:10 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwebster View Post
Third one?

Were the first two that bad? If so, why keep buying? If not, why think the 3rd one can't be fixed and be just as good as those two.

If you think all those problems are non-existent on other brands, I wish you the best of luck. Dealing with dealers is what I stopped doing, and I've had the best of luck with CC. I mean the best! They're making a zillion of 'em, so yeah, the Warranty guys are swamped. But they fixed more problems with mine than you had, by far. I love it. Sitting in it now, in frigid weather, toasty as I can be, and enjoying it.

FROG AR-0019-242