Old 08-31-2016, 08:09 AM   #21

Had JT on my previous tt, LCI has purchased them and they may have lost some things.
While at Goshen stopped by their tent and inquired about the JTs and the folks there were not aware of the adapter bracket needed to install the system on some tts. Searched web, did find the adapter but shipping etc ran price way up. Have since ordered the Steadyfast system. Nice folks to talk to over the phone, system should be in today, hoping to install tomorrow before his weekend short trip. If the Staedyfast is as good as JTs will be money well spend. Previous tt was 34 feet new tt is the same.

Days camped in FR, 2011 = 20, 2012 = 57, 2013 = 59
... 2014 = 39, 2015 = 52, 2016 = 77, 2017 = 11
Retired :
satdog01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:12 AM   #22
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Evans View Post
Bookmarking this company - nice option! Thanks for sharing
I like the way I don't need tools to tighten them. Just put the clips in and turn them by hand until they are snug.

BE SURE to deactivate the landing gear (pull the fuse or put in a kill switch) or mark the outside switch with the provided flag. If you try to retract the landing gear with the pins in you could damage the gear train in the landing gear (most likely you would figure it out before any damage was done).

No different than retracting with the bolts tightened on the JT Strongarms.

When you are ready to leave, just twist back to loosen the clips and remove. Then retract as normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6996.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	118966  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cross Brace Instructions.pdf (197.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: pdf Winfield Brochure.pdf (660.2 KB, 5 views)

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:35 AM   #23

After our first trip in the new 5'er, my 100lb wife walking around made it feel like I was sitting on a trampoline even with the x-chocks installed. After some research I ordered and installed the Steady Fast system and wow what a difference. Even though I have a welder my system was all bolt on.

Mike
Days camped 2014 33
Days camped 2015 42
Days camped 2015 28
mikes86gn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:50 AM   #24
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Is there really some big difference between the two? Everyone that has EITHER Loves it.......so no buyer's remorse appears to be evident either way.
I had JT StrongArms knockoffs and now have SteadyFast. Overall, I like it much better than the UltraFab Eliminators that I had before- less bars, bigger tightening knobs, and less moving parts.

The installation manual and videos are fantastic.

Here's my review on the SteadFast:
Product Review: SteadyFast Stabilizers | Learn To RV
Old 08-31-2016, 10:33 AM   #25
Site Team

I installed my own JT StrongArm stabilizers. It may have taken three hours PLUS I should add another 2-3 hours just for the time it took this old man to get down on the ground and get up again each of the 37 times (oh, I need that wrench... oh, I need that drill bit... oh, I need a sandwich). I had to do NO welding... did have to drill some holes. I don't have to use tools to tighten my T-bar bolts... just my hand! This equipment does lend stability as advertised... although I'm still considering a couple of jacks under the frame to eliminate tire bounce.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 14; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:43 AM   #26

LOL. I get that.

But do you have the LCI 6 point leveling system? I'm still looking for an example of anyone with both installed............and can't find it. Getting leery.

Also.......I guess this is obvious ??? but when engaging it upon setup, do you have to crawl under trailer to engage the back connection??? Seems you'd have to.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:05 AM   #27
Site Team

I don't have any awji-matic leveling system. I don't have to crawl under the trailer for stabilizer tightening. I do have to bend down and reach under to tighten my T-bolts - don't even have to get on one knee.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 14; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 11:35 AM   #28

Well.........I'm getting pretty credible advice from some engineer types to not mix the LC1 6-PT auto leveling system with either of these stabilizer systems. SO I'm going to forego this for now. Plus, no one on this planet has these installed with the round foot plate, auto 6pt system like I have........so I don't want to be the first.

I'll research Plan B........... X chocks or something. Shaking isn't bad, just trying to make it closer to 'really good'.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:04 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Well.........I'm getting pretty credible advice from some engineer types to not mix the LC1 6-PT auto leveling system with either of these stabilizer systems. SO I'm going to forego this for now. Plus, no one on this planet has these installed with the round foot plate, auto 6pt system like I have........so I don't want to be the first.

I'll research Plan B........... X chocks or something. Shaking isn't bad, just trying to make it closer to 'really good'.
What reasons do the engineer types give? Please share. And there are several examples of them installed with a 6 point auto level with round foot plates. Just maybe not on on a CC but I really don't think it would make much difference.

Please share reasons that they shouldn't be used on level up systems. I am about to order steadfast and would really like to know. The only one I've heard is that it would keep the piston from rotating with something mounted to the footplate. But my foot plates all swivel separate from the piston so I ignored that one.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 12:15 PM   #30

BandJCarm ... You sure aren't going to be the first ... I put the JT's on my 2016 Silverback with the level-Up system last Spring and never looked back. I've seen a couple of other units sporting the Level Up with the JT's installed as well. I ordered the eyes that bolt on the round foot pads from Dyers RV. I had to grind a bit off the adaptor to get the fork on the end of the JT arm to work right, but no biggie. I drilled holes in the round foot pads and countersunk them so the flat head screws wouldn't protrude from the foot pad. I work with hydraulics day in day out ... we have scores of cylinders with anti rotation devices on the cylinder rod which is basically what bolting on the JT's does to the Level Up cylinders. I too talked to the Level Up tech support and just didn't buy their answer about the cylinder rods having to rotate.

Tags
led