Old 08-31-2016, 03:10 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

JT's have a tool to tighten up T handle . About $17.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JT.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	119025  

2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:19 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
What reasons do the engineer types give? Please share. And there are several examples of them installed with a 6 point auto level with round foot plates. Just maybe not on on a CC but I really don't think it would make much difference.

Please share reasons that they shouldn't be used on level up systems. I am about to order steadfast and would really like to know. The only one I've heard is that it would keep the piston from rotating with something mounted to the footplate. But my foot plates all swivel separate from the piston so I ignored that one.
Some vague......"don't try it". Others said it had to with the attachment of the jack foot and the angle. I do admit I laid under trailer and tried to envision the installation.......and there is no direct line of the connection to the round jack plate to the line of the frame of the trailer. That bothered me but apparently it is real. In other words, if you draw a line between the front landing gear and plate, to the back landing gear and plate, it doesn't line up in direct parallel with where the brace for this would be installed.

I THINK (??) that's what they are meaning by their statement.

Yet......Dieselguy has it. Is his plate and arms the same? I dunno. I doubt anything is much the same with manufacturers given a few months to retool and redo!!!!

OK, let me rephrase. I'm going to try something else, cheaper, first.......like maybe X-chocks......and see what that does, though I'm not overly optimistic they'll be anything magic. THEN I will decide if I want to mess with this. I get the concept, but NOT sure I want to buy one sight unseen........ I'd rather see MY unit (or similar) with it installed and study it first. (Shoulda asked this the week before Goshen, huh?)

I do see that if you have the square landing gear, especially the manual ones, that this thing would be the Cat's Meow!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:20 PM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
JT's have a tool to tighten up T handle . About $17.
I have one of these tightening tools. It cost me $10 plus tax BUT I use it for ballast in my 5er's basement... haul it but never use it.

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 85 / 2017 = 00; booked = 14
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:39 PM   #34

JT's and Steady Fast are two tubes that can telescope and rotate within one another. Once the RV is set up ... they are held secure by a T handle. The Level Up legs are splayed as seen from the front or rear for stability. When the Level Up legs retract or extend, the T handle should be loose, so the JT / Steady Fast legs easily telescope and rotate as needed whether the legs are splayed or straight up and down.
I dunno what you mean by plate and arm ... I have one end of the arms attached to the fiver I Beam frame or crossmember between them and the opposite end of the arm attached to the round foot on the Level Up. This creates a triangle that is the basis of strength for any of the JT / Steady Fast / knock -off designs. It's really straight forward and simple ... the selling point of the system.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
JT's and Steady Fast are two tubes that can telescope and rotate within one another. Once the RV is set up ... they are held secure by a T handle. The Level Up legs are splayed as seen from the front or rear for stability. When the Level Up legs retract or extend, the T handle should be loose, so the JT / Steady Fast legs easily telescope and rotate as needed whether the legs are splayed or straight up and down.
I dunno what you mean by plate and arm ... I have one end of the arms attached to the fiver I Beam frame or crossmember between them and the opposite end of the arm attached to the round foot on the Level Up. This creats a triangle that is the basis of strength for any of of the JT / Steady Fast / knock -off designs.
Exactly! Good description dieselguy. Bandjcarm, if you would call the number and talk to them I know you would feel differently. I did.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:58 PM   #36
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I have one of these tightening tools. It cost me $10 plus tax BUT I use it for ballast in my 5er's basement... haul it but never use it.
I guess you never had to crawl under your RV with shorts on and a sharp gravel CG pad!!
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 03:59 PM   #37

NM, I've not called but I've emailed Mr. Hanscom about a dozen times. Very helpful. VERY!

But until I can see one......

I will probably get this. I am buying the concept, but have to make sure it'll work on my stuff, and I have to be sure of that FIRST and I'm a stubborn old goat and have to see it visually first. The Youtubes and pics they have are poor quality and low light and I'm sorry.....I can't visualize it. I blame ME, not them......because you two clearly have it figured out. I'm just not as 'handy' as most, and before I start this (says DW!) I have to KNOW what I'm about to do, in detail.

Check back in a few months........or send pics of YOUR install.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-31-2016, 04:00 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
NM, I've not called but I've emailed Mr. Hanscom about a dozen times. Very helpful. VERY!

But until I can see one......

I will probably get this. I am buying the concept, but have to make sure it'll work on my stuff, and I have to be sure of that FIRST and I'm a stubborn old goat and have to see it visually first. The Youtubes and pics they have are poor quality and low light and I'm sorry.....I can't visualize it. I blame ME, not them......because you two clearly have it figured out. I'm just not as 'handy' as most, and before I start this (says DW!) I have to KNOW what I'm about to do, in detail.

Check back in a few months........or send pics of YOUR install.
Deal!!!!
Old 08-31-2016, 04:02 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Deal!!!!
Better yet, install it, get on I-40, head east, and come visit where I can see yours!!! Free beer!

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 08-31-2016, 04:07 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Better yet, install it, get on I-40, head east, and come visit where I can see yours!!! Free beer!
LOL!!! Hard to resist free beer!!! 😁.

Tags
led