Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2018, 06:01 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
No attitude here whatsoever. Sorry but if you can’t understand the simple physics of the 6 point system with the stabilizers, then I’m not sure what anyone says is going to help you.
Well, you said that "It works on mine" or similar, so I should stop asking.

But what you have is nothing like what I have.

I simply am asking for a similar setup, successfully installed. If that is irrational or improper, I apologize. I don't think it is. And hearing "Stop fighting this" from those who don't have anything close to what I have, is not helpful.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:02 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Thanks. Good info.

Here is the post that got me asking this question. I'm apparently not the only one.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-up-97393.html

And the owner of Steadyfast emailed me giving me his examples of his sales that he said were the same. They weren't. They were all manual but one. And the adapters are apparently for electric.

I said I was done.......and folks are somehow getting upset with me for asking this and not just buying into whatever they say.....so I will now truly bow out.
Ah don't take it personal, but the post you ref. Was 2015 also, I bought my level up in 2014 Aug at the rally, at that time they said no, now when I talked to them today they changed and said yes. Read my posts from when I was at factory until today. JUST call Lippert they will verify, don't get mad just buy them if that is what you want. It has now been debunked by Lippert that they do not rotate and the 6 point will accept the system with new pads. How else can I help You? [emoji196][emoji293]

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #103

Anyone have SteadyFast or JT Strongarms installed?

Quote:
Well, you said that "It works on mine" or similar, so I should stop asking.

But what you have is nothing like what I have.

I simply am asking for a similar setup, successfully installed. If that is irrational or improper, I apologize. I don't think it is. And hearing "Stop fighting this" from those who don't have anything close to what I have, is not helpful.

Oh you don’t have the 6 point level up? If this is the case then I apologize, that is what I have and I thought you did as well. I’ll bow out and let this continue to circulate
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:07 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
Oh you don’t have the 6 point level up? If this is the case then I apologize, that is what I have and I thought you did as well. I’ll bow out and let this continue to circulate
The model you have, from the pictures of new ones, is not the same as what I have.

Guys, let me out of this. If I offended anyone, I never EVER want to.

I have had some bad news today and maybe I'm skewed. I will research on my own. Forgive me.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #105

Sorry to hear that, hope everything works out. But it does work on yours, if I was close I would install it myself at no cost....best of luck
Old 03-01-2018, 06:11 PM   #106
(Dry Huunday)

Hurry up Spring!!!!! People need to go campin!!!!

:trink3 9:

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 05:47 PM   #107

I have the six point level up, round cylinders, and have had the JT Strongarms installed for over three years. Full time since last April and there was alot of use before that. No issues with them or the leveling system.
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:41 PM   #108
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post
I have the six point level up, round cylinders, and have had the JT Strongarms installed for over three years. Full time since last April and there was alot of use before that. No issues with them or the leveling system.

Do you mind me asking? Is your LevelUp hydraulic or electric? (Or is that implied by the round cylinders?)
Old 03-05-2018, 10:22 PM   #109

I don't know if it's implied or not, not familiar with electric systems, but mine is hydraulic. I'll snap some pictures tomorrow of the install and post them. Leveling systems works great, the only issues I've had with it are power related (12vdc to the hydraulic pump). It does make a significant difference in movement/shaking.

I've also got a Lippert electric rear stabilizer that's on the fiver, but not hooked up. Will be finishing that this week, so I should completely eliminate the shakiness. Have to thank the previous owner for that gift - was already welded in place, and I've just not taken the time to run the wires and install the switch. Been carrying it around for six months....priorities, I guess....and this just hasn't made the list yet!
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:56 PM   #110

Just came across this thread today. I have a 2014 CC 36ckts with 6 pt. level-up and I installed Steady-Fast onto it last year. I will do it again to our next rig if we trade. It makes a significant improvement in stability and simple to use. As long as I remember to tighten/loosten the "T" bracket when the slides are in there is no kneeling required.

The steady-Fast arms hold the pads in position when extending/retracting. The pads that do not have the rods attached may/may not rotate when moving the cylinders but the cylinders do not have a mandatory twist built into them. If they start to twist they can be stopped by holding on to them. They certainly stop twisting as soon as they start to apply downward force at the ground.

Mine are attached without welding. It took me a couple hours.

Sorry, no pics. My trailer is not accessible to me at the moment.

If you are leaning towards Steady-Fast I can assure you they work wonderfully on a 36ckts.
DJNCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:49 AM   #111

This may be a repost, but since this is getting a bit drug out I'll step back in. I put JT's on my 2016 Silverback's 6 point hydraulic Level Up system back in 2015 and have nothing but praise for the added stabilization. I put the JT's on the front cylinders only ... simply because it worked to our satisfaction and I didn't want to bother installing a steel cross beam under the belly pan for JT install on the rear cylinders. I ordered the Lippert adaptors for the round feet, countersunk holes for flat head bolts in them, and put them on so I had something to attach the JT arms to.
The spring of 2015 I had talked to a tech at Lippert about the install. I didn't buy into his concern about the cylinder rods not being able to rotate. I've been in hydraulics for 35 years. The company I worked for had literally hundreds of hydraulic cylinders with anti rotation devices on their cylinders. There was never a seal failure attributed to no rotation of the ram. Here's a couple of photos of my install the summer of 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00141.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	165342   Click image for larger version

Name:	JT.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	364.5 KB
ID:	165343  
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:03 AM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNCJ View Post
Just came across this thread today. I have a 2014 CC 36ckts with 6 pt. level-up and I installed Steady-Fast onto it last year. I will do it again to our next rig if we trade. It makes a significant improvement in stability and simple to use. As long as I remember to tighten/loosten the "T" bracket when the slides are in there is no kneeling required.

The steady-Fast arms hold the pads in position when extending/retracting. The pads that do not have the rods attached may/may not rotate when moving the cylinders but the cylinders do not have a mandatory twist built into them. If they start to twist they can be stopped by holding on to them. They certainly stop twisting as soon as they start to apply downward force at the ground.

Mine are attached without welding. It took me a couple hours.

Sorry, no pics. My trailer is not accessible to me at the moment.

If you are leaning towards Steady-Fast I can assure you they work wonderfully on a 36ckts.
I would deeply appreciate any pictures, input regarding installation, etc.....please just email me directly at bcarm@conwaycorp.net.

DW asked me "Won't the recent addition of your SnapPads affect this?"......and I guess it would. But still glad to see they work on this type unit.

Thanks.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-16-2018, 12:25 PM   #113

Quote:
I would deeply appreciate any pictures, input regarding installation, etc.....please just email me directly at bcarm@conwaycorp.net.

DW asked me "Won't the recent addition of your SnapPads affect this?"......and I guess it would. But still glad to see they work on this type unit.

Thanks.
Regarding the SnapPads: I have those installed as well. I removed them, drilled and countersunk from the bottom up, bolted in the brackets, painted them and snapped the pads back on. SteadyFast even supplied the countersink bit.

I may not have photo's available for you until Memorial day weekend. My trailer is out of state.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:21 PM   #114

OK, I guess this is my last post on this. I've tried for a year to find out facts and examples. Yesterday I finally was able to hook up and move to a different campsite (after a flat due to a faulty TPMS sensor, another story), and I had 4 people stand around and watch my retraction and re-deploy of the front landing jacks.

There's NO DOUBT that they rotate. Maybe between 20 and 30 degrees! Of the two folks standing there, both Cedar Creek owners, one said theirs never rotates, and the other said theirs always does.

Regardless, mine do rotate when going up and down. Very clearly.

So.....there appears to be various models/types of LCI 6 point leveling.

None of this matters anymore.......I can't use the Strongarms so that's out. DW Says the shaking is not a big problem to her anyway, so maybe it's all in my head. Saves me some money, and I don't have to ask any more questions.

Thanks for all the replies.

FROG AR-0019-242
Old 03-22-2018, 03:34 PM   #115
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
OK, I guess this is my last post on this. I've tried for a year to find out facts and examples. Yesterday I finally was able to hook up and move to a different campsite (after a flat due to a faulty TPMS sensor, another story), and I had 4 people stand around and watch my retraction and re-deploy of the front landing jacks.

There's NO DOUBT that they rotate. Maybe between 20 and 30 degrees! Of the two folks standing there, both Cedar Creek owners, one said theirs never rotates, and the other said theirs always does.

None of this matters anymore.......I can't use the Strongarms so that's out. DW Says the shaking is not a big problem to her anyway, so maybe it's all in my head. Saves me some money, and I don't have to ask any more questions.

While they may rotate, it isn't by design.

Some hydraulic rams will rotate as they go in or out just because of the way the barrel of the cylinder was honed or the machining of the piston. Some do it naturally, most don't. You are overthinking this.

I work at a manufacturing facility where hydraulic cylinders are installed on a daily basis where both ends are pinned and can't rotate. It won't hurt a thing if you install stabilizer arms.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 05:01 PM   #116

Quote:

I'm glad you have finally came to a decision. For about a year no matter what people say you had your mind set, LCI will tell you they have never made a system that rotated. This is all fine, your system is your system. I hope now maybe you can quit worrying about it. Now you can just enjoy your trailer after your wife said it was never a problem. I hope you guys enjoy your 2018 camping season, hope to meet you one day, I feel I almost know you after all this. Just block under your front rams to reduce the stroke.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #117

BandJCarm ... for some unseen reason you've fretted over this to infinity ... now your mind was made up for you and it has become a mute issue. I want to say the following to hopefully dismiss any "what ifs" by others considering installing the stabilizer on a Level Up System. 5picker and Witch Doctor brought a tactical end to this epic 116 reply topic ... Wheeew. Like said, whether your cylinders rotate or not ... it just doesn't matter ... period. We have literally hundreds of hydraulic cylinders at work over half of them had some design of an anti-rotation device on them whether they are just flat bolted to a lever that will not allow rotation or they have a guide attached to the ram to prevent rotation. I've seen the drawings on most of the cylinders ... the seal kit on a given cylinder is the same whether they can rotate or not. I have JT's on my Silverback ... I know of two others one a CC and the other an SOB. We all enjoy the added stability and have not given another thought about our cylinders because it has not mattered in years of use.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:17 AM   #118

As others have stated regarding the design of (not just Lippert's 6 point level up but ALL hydraulic cylinders) There is no intended "twist" built into the cylinders on our trailers. LOGIC DEMANDS THE CONCLUSION. If not... how do we account for the STOPPING of the "twist" when the feet touch the ground??? Don't believe it? watch what happens when the feet hit the ground and you continue to raise the trailer until you reach the end of the cylinder stroke. The pressure from the weight of the rig will hold it in place...stopping inadvertent rotation. The stabilizer arms effectively do the same throughout the entire cylinder stroke. He stated that 4 people stood around and watched the twisting of the front hydraulics. He didn't say they watched all 6 cylinders nor did he say whether anyone grabbed hold of the foot to see how little effort it takes to stop the twist. If they took their observations and applied a little more detail to the thought process they would have reached a different conclusion. Stabalizers work on this system...period.

Its fine that the OP has decided he does not need a stabilizing system. It matters not to anyone else but he and his wife, but his conclusion that he cannot use them because of the twist in movement is false. I would hate to think that anyone wanting to add the system to their rig reads this thread is swayed by disinformation. This is not "truth as I know it", but rather truth...period.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:52 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJNCJ View Post
As others have stated regarding the design of (not just Lippert's 6 point level up but ALL hydraulic cylinders) There is no intended "twist" built into the cylinders on our trailers. LOGIC DEMANDS THE CONCLUSION. If not... how do we account for the STOPPING of the "twist" when the feet touch the ground??? Don't believe it? watch what happens when the feet hit the ground and you continue to raise the trailer until you reach the end of the cylinder stroke. The pressure from the weight of the rig will hold it in place...stopping inadvertent rotation. The stabilizer arms effectively do the same throughout the entire cylinder stroke. He stated that 4 people stood around and watched the twisting of the front hydraulics. He didn't say they watched all 6 cylinders nor did he say whether anyone grabbed hold of the foot to see how little effort it takes to stop the twist. If they took their observations and applied a little more detail to the thought process they would have reached a different conclusion. Stabalizers work on this system...period.

Its fine that the OP has decided he does not need a stabilizing system. It matters not to anyone else but he and his wife, but his conclusion that he cannot use them because of the twist in movement is false. I would hate to think that anyone wanting to add the system to their rig reads this thread is swayed by disinformation. This is not "truth as I know it", but rather truth...period.

X2 well said

Tags
led