Old 01-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #11

Question Frame - Automatic Levelling

I could be totally wrong, but we have a Silverback 35QB4, and I think that it has the identical Lippert frame as the Cedar Creek 36B4?

I would think that your 36RE would have the identical frame as that on the Cedar Creek "sister" model???

I thought that the only reason the auto level system wasn't a factory option on the Silverback is purely the difference in options and trim level between Cedar Creek and Silverback.

I have heard anecdotally from lots of guys that had the retrofit done on their Silverback by Lippert.

I'm really curious for my own edification - can somebody let me know if my understanding is correct or totally wrong?!

Thanks all, and enjoy your auto level!

2011 Chev Silverado 3500HD Dually Duramax Turbo Diesel - Allison Trans / PullRite 20.5K Super 5th Wheel Hitch & SuperRails / Trailair Tri-Glide Air Ride Pin Box #21,000 / Honda 3000i Handi

mdamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
Owner/Operator

I just ordered a Rockwood 8289WS and inquired if the factory could install the Level Up system. The factory replied that they could not, but I believe that was just because they do not "normally" install the system.

I sent an email to Lippert inquiring whether the Level Up could be installed on the RV. Lippert replied that the four point Level Up system could safely be installed, and referred me to the closest Lippert certified Sales/Service center.

IMHO it pays to check with the frame manufaturer for the straight scoop.

RodeoGeorge

Old 01-19-2013, 04:46 PM   #13
Full Timer

wa3pt I agree I would suggest anyone to check with the frame manufacturer if the trailer is't available with one, I wonder why they suggested the 4 point over a six point, though that part I'm not sure I agree with, we have 6 and I would prefer more on our length.

mdamm the Silverbacks and Cedar Creeks have different frames, a lot of people think they are the same ones. Cedar Creeks have a drop down frame

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #14
Owner/Operator

Lippert recommended the four point because the length of the 8289WS is only 29 feet.

Here is the answer I received to my inquiry:

George,

Yes, Level up can be installed on your coach. RV Lifestyles can install the system on your coach. A 29foot trailer would be a 4 point system.

For pricing you would need to contact RV Lifestyles. The contact is James and the number is 928-927-8222.

Kelly Telschow
Lippert Components, Inc.
Customer Service
1701 Century Dr. Goshen, IN 46528
Ph 574-312-6112
Fax 574-538-2958

RodeoGeorge
Old 01-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #15
Full Timer

My trailer is around 40' the six point is 8' from the rear so the six point levels the trailer for me but to stabilize it I have to you a tripod on the hitch for the washer and dryer movement and two jacks at the rear end to absorb bounce. That's why I was saying I would like a 6 points better for your trailer if I was you, for stability when walking around and in strong wind.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 01-20-2013, 03:53 AM   #16

Question Frame Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by life2short4nofun View Post
wa3pt I agree I would suggest anyone to check with the frame manufacturer if the trailer is't available with one, I wonder why they suggested the 4 point over a six point, though that part I'm not sure I agree with, we have 6 and I would prefer more on our length.

mdamm the Silverbacks and Cedar Creeks have different frames, a lot of people think they are the same ones. Cedar Creeks have a drop down frame
Can you explain the difference in frames to me please?

Thanks
2011 Chev Silverado 3500HD Dually Duramax Turbo Diesel - Allison Trans / PullRite 20.5K Super 5th Wheel Hitch & SuperRails / Trailair Tri-Glide Air Ride Pin Box #21,000 / Honda 3000i Handi

Old 01-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
Full Timer

Well they are two different frames I haven't been able to find a picture to show you. One example is the CC use a drop down frame it shows up in the storage compartment. The CC has about I'd guess 14" more room in the basement, then a silverback. So the whole front is different.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
Old 01-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #18
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Quote:
We love our Level up, works great and we haven't had a problem with ours on our Cedar Creek.
I'm considering this option when I buy a new trailer. Question: In case of a motor failure, does it have a manual override? If so, how easy is it to engage? Do you have to crawl under the trailer and remove a motor (as on my electric tongue jack)?

Wright
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #19

Pure CC vs. CC Silverback frames

Quote:
Well they are two different frames I haven't been able to find a picture to show you. One example is the CC use a drop down frame it shows up in the storage compartment. The CC has about I'd guess 14" more room in the basement, then a silverback. So the whole front is different.
Thanks for the clarification - I had always thought
that the basic frame was identical! Appreciate your comments. Going
to have a closer look on the FR website at the CC models to get a
better appreciation of the difference. Thanks again!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #20
Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awellis3 View Post
I'm considering this option when I buy a new trailer. Question: In case of a motor failure, does it have a manual override? If so, how easy is it to engage? Do you have to crawl under the trailer and remove a motor (as on my electric tongue jack)?

Wright
Have to read the book for full details, but rough details are my leveling gear is tied to my slides so you close the valves to the slides and use a drill on the end of the pump motor and it will run it, if the motor goes out.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4