Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #1

Anyone installed Auto levelers on a Silverback?

We are interested in installing Automatic Level jacks on our Silverback 35RE. Our local dealer said this would have to be done at the factory. Does anyone have advice on this?

Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
Commercial Member

I would call FR directly, as I don't think the frames are reinforced for leveling jacks on a Silverback.

(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I heard of Big Foot as an after-market levelling system. Kind of pricey but here's a link... Fifth Wheel - Bigfoot Quadra Manufacturing

Just have to find a shop to install it.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
daydreaming about camping

I asked this question last summer as we were looking at trailers with and without.

General consensus was if it did not come with them, you need to make sure the frame can handle them. Otherwise, those that have them, love them.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #5

This was asked on another thread on these forums, to which I replied that it is not recommended by forest river. This I got from speaking to an engineer at the forest river factory when I asked the same question? The frames are built by Lippert and I suppose one could go there for an answer!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #6

We have a Cedar Creek, and Lippert Service Center installed the LevelUp system in August. It was recommended by Cedar Creek, to have it installed by Lippert as an after market install, as the frame is made by them. Not sure who from FR said they are not recommended, since FR does NOT make the frames, but Lippert does. As I said Cedar Creek does recommend it. LevelUp is installed by Cedar Creek on their 5th wheels on their production line as an option. If you are still not sure, call Justin or Kevin at Cedar Creek 260-593-2326. Also, call Kelly at Lippert, 574-312-6112, she is very knowledgeable on their frames and the LevelUp. In all reality, since Lippert makes the frame, they are the best to answer any questions you might have, also I know from experience the guys at Cedar Creek will work with you and answer your questions about it. Both Cedar Creek and the Lippert Service Center are great people to work with!! As far as the LevelUp, we love it!!!!! If you consider to ease and convenience, it is worth the expense, ours cost right at $4400.00 out the door. I've posted on other threads about it too, and we have had no problems with the system and in fact it has "saved the day" may times.

Hope this helps - God bless,
Mike
2007 - Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins
May God bless
WA8MRU
mike1poles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
Full Timer

I think what the others were saying was the Silverbacks can't have the leveling on them, not the Cedar Creeks. I had heard that also. The frames are different between the two. We love our Level up, works great and we haven't had a problem with ours on our Cedar Creek.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1poles View Post
We have a Cedar Creek, and Lippert Service Center installed the LevelUp system in August. It was recommended by Cedar Creek, to have it installed by Lippert as an after market install, as the frame is made by them. Not sure who from FR said they are not recommended, since FR does NOT make the frames, but Lippert does. As I said Cedar Creek does recommend it. LevelUp is installed by Cedar Creek on their 5th wheels on their production line as an option. If you are still not sure, call Justin or Kevin at Cedar Creek 260-593-2326. Also, call Kelly at Lippert, 574-312-6112, she is very knowledgeable on their frames and the LevelUp. In all reality, since Lippert makes the frame, they are the best to answer any questions you might have, also I know from experience the guys at Cedar Creek will work with you and answer your questions about it. Both Cedar Creek and the Lippert Service Center are great people to work with!! As far as the LevelUp, we love it!!!!! If you consider to ease and convenience, it is worth the expense, ours cost right at $4400.00 out the door. I've posted on other threads about it too, and we have had no problems with the system and in fact it has "saved the day" may times.

Hope this helps - God bless,
Mike
On the cedarcreeks, yes - not on the silverbacks
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 AM   #9

leveling system

I am having lippert levelers (6 point) put on my S/B 29RE. It has to be installed at a Lippert authorized dealer. The frames are OK. Lippert makes the frames and leveling system. I talked to an engeneer at cedar creek and that is the system they install as an option.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #10

Well there you go, I was wrong!! The engineer I talked to at Forest River told me that it was not possible. Now I'm interested in your installation as that is the trailer we have. Post back when you get it installed let us know how it turned out? Thanks