Old 09-20-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
anyone seen the new silverback 33IK

I have been looking at the silverback 33 RL. Just noticed on silverback web site that the 33RL is being replaced by the 33IK. I have seen the 33IK and like it but seems to have several changes. No ceiling fan, shelves on side of couch are not cabinets but front board supporting top board, there are only 2 Television speakers above the tv on the wall instead of 4 in ceiling for surround sound, kitchen faucet has been upgraded but still no stainless steel sink, bathroom pocket door does not shut flush with door jam, this may have been the same on the 33RL, just didn't notice. Still no speakers in bedroom. Has new air conditioning system which is ducted with return air vents. This is supposed to be more quiet than system on 33RL. These are the things that popped out at me. Has anyone seen the new 33IK and what is your opinion. Would love some feed back as I am trying to decide on 2014 33RL or new 2015 33IK.

AREBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #2
I have a 2015 model 33rl. I have been in the replacement model with ac running.
We LOVE our unit and it was originally ordered as a 2014 BUT a 2 week delay made it a 2015.
Dollar for dollar, I would take the new model. ONLY BECAUSE used buyers are always looking for enhancements.
* it IS more quiet. You won't need those extra speakers to hear your tv.
* you can access the refer without opening a slide. They reversed position of stove and refer. This is s great fix.
* The bathroom was extended 1 inch to install the sink in a normal fashion.

Now the 3 most important upgrades for us:
* top of the line Serta home mattress
* Whirlpool CONVECTION oven
* Trail Air rv hitch. Factory option

Not so important BUT may be at resale.
Plumbed for stack washer/dryer.
You are providing an option to a resale buyer.

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:31 AM   #3
2015 Silverback/2014 F250
I too have just purchased a 2015 331k and pick it up 26 Dec. can't wait..
chisumbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #4
We own a 2016 33IK and just like any trailer it has it good and bad points. There are no surround speakers and the TV sounds terrible, I have a speaker bar that I plan to install soon. I was hoping the stereo tied into the TV for sound, I haven't figured it out, but I did find out that they don't put srereo speakers in the bedroom anymore. There is a A-B-C switch, but only wired A-B. It does have the full ducted AC, which is the best, or tied with the 6 point Auto Leveling system. The AC is so quiet that most times you don't know it's running, now they need to quiet the heater, because it is in the kitchen. The unit comes with a power awning, but that's all it is, there are no sensors for rain or wind.
There is still a few things I'm trying to work out with the dealer, so I don't want to bad mouth it completely. The overall quality is seems to be quite good, but the little things can really upset a person. I hope this helps in your search!
FLRVWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
Mid year 2016 33IK's have a few tune ups from early 2016's.
No brown front cap and no bear decal ... looks almost just like a Cedar Creek cap.
Island in kitchen has 50/50 stainless sink and is shaped retangular instead of oval
Medicine cabinet in bathroom over sink instead of just a mirror
Surround speakers back in living area
Redesigned area around main TV ... I liked early 2016's way better
4 step entry steps
No more shelves on either side of the rear sofa on any Silverbacks that I've seen
Pocket door is flush with wall on my early 2016
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
No brown cap

I have the new 2016 Oyster colored cap and like it! Matches 33rl beautifully. No more cap bear but like the new lettering decal even better.
We had the brown cap buffed and treated per FR but after 4 months it was turning at the top!
We were in Goshen for work on our 2015 Silverback 33rl and given the option of a replacement brown cap or Oyster, which we chose.
Even IF it oxidizes, it will blend more cosmetically versus the brown.
We like 2016 changes, ie, quiet A/C,
4 step entry and island sink.
But, we plan on living with our present unit for a long time. 👍. Not going to compete with each new change and lose $$$!!
FR has stepped up to resolve our issues list.

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote