Old 02-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #11
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Nothing new here

No update from the dealership after nearly three weeks. Going out for a visit later this coming week for a face-to-face howgozit....could be they're working thru some of the other "issues" on our rig first. We're not due to hit the road again 'til late spring, so I'd rather they take their time and get it right during our down time. I'll definitely post after meeting with the service "advisor"

2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:10 PM   #12
Plain Old Member

Well I hope when you talk to them they don't tell you "it just started working fine on its own" or something like that. Gotta be something, and I hope they can figure it out. Definitely would be some good info to have in case ours has a brain fart like that.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:24 PM   #13

If that's what they try to tell me, BigJohnD, then they're gonna give me another rig....It was scary enough that I wouldn't trust it to behave - ever again. Not hitting the road that way
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
Old 02-24-2014, 09:01 AM   #14
Plain Old Member

I'm sure down the road, thinking back on this will be a bit comical. Can't help but think of some of the movies where objects such as vehicles, motorcycles and other things came "alive" and had a mind of their own. Even Knight Riders car had brain farts on occasion.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:53 AM   #15

Well, well, well - went in to find out how they were doing on our rig overall after three weeks...we've got some parts on order (understandable) AND the work order read that the "technician" they assigned to work on the slide problem "could not duplicate" the event. unfortunately, it was NOT the tech that helped me unhook and actually experienced the same "oh, s*#t" moment that I had. Guessing that would have made too much sense. As an old time aircraft maintenance chief, I'd be in favor of checking out the area of commonality between the landing gear system and the slide system - my bet would be in the controller, but what do I know? Or I'd be checking with the corporate engineering dept. BUT I wouldn't be telling the customer, that the problem couldn't be duplicated. Told the service writer that they needed to look some more.

I'll keep ya'll posted
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
Old 02-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac623
Well, well, well - went in to find out how they were doing on our rig overall after three weeks...we've got some parts on order (understandable) AND the work order read that the "technician" they assigned to work on the slide problem "could not duplicate" the event. unfortunately, it was NOT the tech that helped me unhook and actually experienced the same "oh, s*#t" moment that I had. Guessing that would have made too much sense. As an old time aircraft maintenance chief, I'd be in favor of checking out the area of commonality between the landing gear system and the slide system - my bet would be in the controller, but what do I know? Or I'd be checking with the corporate engineering dept. BUT I wouldn't be telling the customer, that the problem couldn't be duplicated. Told the service writer that they needed to look some more.

I'll keep ya'll posted
I had a similar failure with a Lippert Hyd system. A reversing solonoid for pump control became energized full time. Result was pump was always on extend mode and slides would go fullout regardless of button pressed and jacks went to full stroke. Fault was a microprocessor failure in the control wire loom. It was occasional failure at first, became permanently failed in a short time. This may be your "Commonality". Took months to find the fault and get it fixed, 3 dealers!
Old 02-27-2014, 09:14 PM   #17
Plain Old Member

Well, I hope they can come back with something better than that. Why does this seem to always be the common answer. Cannot duplicate usually means, I have no idea. If they have parts on order, and don't know what's wrong with it, it sounds like they're just going to start throwing parts at it. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD
Well, I hope they can come back with something better than that. Why does this seem to always be the common answer. Cannot duplicate usually means, I have no idea. If they have parts on order, and don't know what's wrong with it, it sounds like they're just going to start throwing parts at it. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Agree they may be "just throwing parts at it. As i pointed out with electronic failures and even mechanical goofs, it may self cure for while and eventually "break" for good. I breifly thought mine was healed, but no such luck..... Good luck with it and take notes of what, when and how it fails. It'll help someone find the fix.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
I had a similar failure with a Lippert Hyd system. A reversing solonoid for pump control became energized full time. Result was pump was always on extend mode and slides would go fullout regardless of button pressed and jacks went to full stroke. Fault was a microprocessor failure in the control wire loom. It was occasional failure at first, became permanently failed in a short time. This may be your "Commonality". Took months to find the fault and get it fixed, 3 dealers!
Thanks for the post VinceU....Do you have any additional information? I'd love to be able to provide it to the dealer to shorten the process. Our condo lease runs out soon and we're taking that opportunity to go full time, so time is definitely of the essence for us to get this problem fixed
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
Old 02-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
I may have confused the issue by not being clear - the parts that are on order have nothing to do with the slide problem. There are a multitude of quality problems to be corrected and that's why the dealer had to order parts...sorry for the confusion

2014 Cedar Creek 38FL

Tags
slide