Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2019, 11:18 AM   #1

Autolevel went brain dead!

I haven't had a chance to trouble shoot this issue in depth as we are just returning from a month on the road but I'm am curious if anyone else has had a similar issue. We have the standard LCI Level Up system that was installed one our 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS. It has worked well until now. About 3 days ago I hit autolevel after we unhooked and after it went through the leveling process I got the "level success " message but the front was really low and the right rear was high. Kinda looked like a hound dog peeing on a tree! I tried again a couple more times with the same results. I don't get any error code it just says it is level. I manually level the best I can but that isn't working either. So far I can raise and lower the front Jacks normally in the manual mode thankfully but the left button lowers the right jacks, the right button lowers the front jacks, the rear button still seem to raise and lower the rear four jacks normally. The left jacks are on the ground but nothing will allow me to raise the left side of the trailer with the left jacks. We are still a few days from home so I'm just getting as level as we can until I can get home to try to trouble shoot and reset the system. Sorry such a long post but I'm curious if anyone has had anything similar happen? Thanks Steve
5er - 2013 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Classic Champagne Touring Edition
Stevemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:33 PM   #2

Autolevel went brain dead!

Why don’t you reboot the Level-up. Disconnect from shore power and take off the negative cable off the batteries and wait a minute and then connect everything back up. The system should reboot
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 12:39 PM   #3

I plan to try to reset the system when we get home but I'm a little reluctant about what to try on the road. I don't want to lose the ability to hook and unhook from the truck if I try something I shouldn't have. Have you had a similar experience?
Old 05-29-2019, 12:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Why don’t you reboot the Level-up. Disconnect from shore power and take off the negative cable off the batteries and wait a minute and then connect everything back up. The system should reboot
Thanks.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:05 PM   #5

Auto level

After going thru issues with the last 7 new motor homes, I no longer use auto level and manually level using the manual buttons. Auto level rarely works correctly for long and I think the continual adjustments in auto mode stresses the structure of the RV!
geneandjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 05:37 PM   #6

Is there any chance one or more of the levelers are fully extended? If so, put some blocks under and try again.
Skip12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #7

Call LCI

LCI has a great customer service group. They have support for all the various systems they manufacture. I call them when I just have questions on how systems work.
Titan 50 gal fuel tank
Air Lift 7500 lb bags
changing it up a bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:32 PM   #8

Get the app, mylci.The reset process is on it under level up system. I had to do mine. It needs to be recalibrated.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneandjan View Post
After going thru issues with the last 7 new motor homes, I no longer use auto level and manually level using the manual buttons. Auto level rarely works correctly for long and I think the continual adjustments in auto mode stresses the structure of the RV!

In the four years I have owned this Cedar Creek I have used the level-up manually one time. If my level-up fails to work correctly I reboot the system.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 04:37 PM   #10
Camp-N-Nut

Mine did the same thing. I called LCI customer support and they told me to unplug the wire from the back of the touch pad and leave it off for a few minutes then plug it back in. This reboots the level up system. I did that and mine has worked fine since then. It’s worth a try.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp-n-nut View Post
Mine did the same thing. I called LCI customer support and they told me to unplug the wire from the back of the touch pad and leave it off for a few minutes then plug it back in. This reboots the level up system. I did that and mine has worked fine since then. It’s worth a try.
OK thanks!
Old 06-19-2019, 08:02 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemc View Post
OK thanks!
Update for those interested in this thread. I called LCI tech support and Ken talked me through several things to try. I reset the system but could never get it to reset zero point. Ken sent me a new touch pad control panel and now it works perfectly. The best thing is LCI sent the new part at no charge even though our trailer is a 2013 model and clearly out of warranty. That was service above and beyond what I expected.
Every time I hear a discussion on the LCI Level Up system I always hear people say it never works right, never use autolevel feature, etc. I can only speak to my own experience but this is the first issue we've ever had with our Level Up system in 6 years. I've always used the autolevel feature, that's the best part of the system to me. LCI customer support was outstanding and the fix was easy for me to do myself. I would not own a trailer without the Level Up system.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:50 AM   #13

I also spoke with Ken @LCI on my issue with the Auto Level system on my 3 month old Rockwood. He claimed the LCI engineers were stumped, after I diagnosed the controller was defective he punted me back to the dealer, offered zero help even after I agreed to buy the controller outright. We were are in the midst of a 6 week camping trip and miles away from home/ our dealer. I decided to disassemble the the main controller for inspection, discovered cold solder joints on the circuit board. Resoldered and re-installed, works perfect now and saved myself $425.

Sad with a unit in warranty and couldn't get any help after reading some have been helped out of warranty.
Jericbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #14

Glad that everyone got their problems fixed, just by different routes.
I have called the tech line at LCI several times over the years and have always had excellent help, and free parts sent to my location when necessary.
I have found that usually the difference in whether folks receive help or not, is the attitude they have while reaching out for assistance. Just my opinion.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:35 AM   #15

I 100% agree attitude is everything, either while giving or receiving assistance of any kind.
I assure you my attitude was great, during my initial call Ken even mentioned I was handling this issue very well being that we were on vacation and I had completed all troubleshooting before calling support and opening a case. It's just mystifying as to why no help was offered or given after they became stumped.

Bad thing was I just requested schematics so I could delve deeper into the controller operations, never asked for a freebie of any kind.

I did send an email as to what I found so maybe they can correct this issue.

During my search for a controller I did find it is a very common failure item as most RV parts stores keep it in stock, this on a certain controller that has only been out for 2 years. It would also explain why there is occasional motor failures on these units as the controller does not auto stop at times thereby killing the unit.

Still love the auto level system, LCI support has been very good to me over the years as I do all my repairs myself, just a mystery as to this particular situation.

Also did not intend to hijack this thread, just needed to vent I guess.
Jericbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:05 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericbarg View Post
I 100% agree attitude is everything, either while giving or receiving assistance of any kind.
I assure you my attitude was great, during my initial call Ken even mentioned I was handling this issue very well being that we were on vacation and I had completed all troubleshooting before calling support and opening a case. It's just mystifying as to why no help was offered or given after they became stumped.

Bad thing was I just requested schematics so I could delve deeper into the controller operations, never asked for a freebie of any kind.

I did send an email as to what I found so maybe they can correct this issue.

During my search for a controller I did find it is a very common failure item as most RV parts stores keep it in stock, this on a certain controller that has only been out for 2 years. It would also explain why there is occasional motor failures on these units as the controller does not auto stop at times thereby killing the unit.

Still love the auto level system, LCI support has been very good to me over the years as I do all my repairs myself, just a mystery as to this particular situation.

Also did not intend to hijack this thread, just needed to vent I guess.
No problem on the hijacking. I don't blame you for being unhappy with your experience. Since this is the only time (knock on wood) we've had trouble with our Level Up system I can only relate to this one experience personally, but I was very pleased. Age and health problems makes the automatic leveling system a God send for us. Best of luck to you!