Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #1

Awning, slide, levelng and light remote

My Cedar Creek remote for the awning, etc. has stopped working. The battery in the remote seems OK and the lights on the remote light up but nothing happens. I think maybe something might have happen while at the dealership earlier this year. I was going to check to be sure it didn't loose it's memory, but I can't find the relay module per the instructions on the remote. Anyone have any ideas where the relay module might be located on a 2013 CC 36CKTS Touring Edition?
2012 F350 King Ranch, Reese Elite 18 and Air Bags
Elkrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:03 PM   #2

Call the service department at your dealership. They should know how to reset it.
2017 Ford F350 PSD
GlenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
Certified Curmudgeon

Open the front garage and pull back the plastic shield on the right side. On the rear bulkhead you will find your relays and fuse box for everything that is independent of the power distribution panel. On the panel there is a button and yellow indicator light.
Follow the instructions on the bulkhead or backside of the remote to reprogram your remote. Hope this helps.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #4

Thanks Ducky, I checked there once but I'll do a more through search later today.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #5

I found the relay module per Ducky's instructions. The yellow light is not on and when I push the button above the light it does not flash. The relay module may be bad or if it is fused that may be the problem. I assume that the yellow light should be on..........is this correct?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #6
Certified Curmudgeon

Elkrun,

The yellow light does not stay on. The receiver goes into a power saver like mode. In order to program the transmitter to match the receiver you must push and hold the button until the yellow light flashes. Follow these instruction exactly:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1474482081.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	36684  
Old 08-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #7

Thanks Ducky, those are the same instructions that I have. Maybe I didn't hold the button down long enough. I'll try it again and we'll see what happens.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #8

Ducky,

I depressed the white button over the yellow led several times and held it depressed for over a minute and the yellow light never started to blink. I think there may be a problem with the relay module.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
Certified Curmudgeon

Try using a pencil with an eraser on the end. Sometimes it is hard to get the button to push straight in with a finger. It takes quite a while to get the light to flash so your finger might get tired before you achieve success...
Old 08-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #10

Tired fingers are not good...*s.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #11

Tried the pencil trick for over two minutes once, then again for an additional three minutes........nada! Have talked with an engineer at American Technology Components, the group that provides the system to Cedar Creek. They are not sure whether it is the relay module or the remote...........I'll do some additional testing over the weekend and then talk to them first thing Monday and they feel they will be able to determine the problem part at that time. It's under warranty so if they send out which ever part it is I'll install it. Hopefully, we'll have it fixed in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know what the fix is when it is actually working. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #12
Certified Curmudgeon

Elkrun,

Hope you get it going. It is a handy little gadget when it works. I must admit, I have never used the level function yet.
Sorry our efforts were unsuccessful.
Ducky
Old 03-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #13
BlueRidge 3025RL

Looking on forum - did you ever get the remote straight?
I replaced my battery today, reprogrammed, awning and slides work, but not porch light. Continuity is good on bulb - thoughts on this one?
thomas.jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #14

thomas.jackson,

I was able to get the issues regarding my remote resolved. My issue turned out to be the receiver module GS-RLM-01, it was faulty and needed to be replaced. I worked directly with American Technology Components (800-238-2687) and replaced the unit myself.

Since some of the remote functions work, your issue may be either programming or wiring. You mentioned you checked the continuity of the bulb and it was good. Does the outside light operate properly when the associated wall switch is turned on and off? If not, there may be a wiring problem to the light itself. If that works properly, then there may be a wiring issue between the receiver module and the light. If all the wiring is intact and working properly, it is probably a programming issue between the receiver module and the remote. It could be either the remote or the receiver module. I would check out the wiring issues first, then involve the assistance of ATC. They were very helpful. I spoke with a person named Kevin in their Engineering Department.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #15
BlueRidge 3025RL

Elkrun - thanks for the number and Kevin's name, have spoken to. He told me how to engage relay by direct grounding to stud for the light. I will use this method to validate that relay is working, or not. Since bulb, fuses are good and remote works the awning/slides - wanting to test the relay. The momentary switch inside rig should also engage the relay to on/off.

Kevin stated that earlier rcvr boards had this issue, but thought they were all replaced - I will also validate the revision code number when I test the relay.
thomas.jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:24 PM   #16

Thomas-Jackson - great, they're pretty helpful there. Hope you get it going soon.

Tags
awning, light, slide