Old 12-31-2015, 06:54 PM   #1

awning wont go out

Pulled into campsite today and went to put out awning. I believe it to be an A and E awning with the motor inside the awning. I have a CC 34 TSA 2008 and this is the first time that I have had any issue with the awning.

When I tried to push the awning button my wife said all that it would do is make a clicking noise very briefly. That's all that it would do, it never tried to move at all, neither in or out, absolutely no response at all. I have checked the fuses but I would think if there were no electric to the motor I would not get a clicking noise.

Any ideas as to what I should look for or do, or is this something I should take to a repair shop?
Thanks for any help or ideas,
Barry

Old 12-31-2015, 07:22 PM   #2
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Motor...One minute it was work'n fine, the next.....not so much. Plastic brush holder inside motor broke.....changed my own, but not to easy of a job if you've not done one

Old 01-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Motor...One minute it was work'n fine, the next.....not so much. Plastic brush holder inside motor broke.....changed my own, but not to easy of a job if you've not done one
/thanks for the reply Bob,
I tried pulling on the awning arm and it didn't even try to move. I can hear a clicking noise but that is all. I will have to wait until I get back to my home area and call a repair tech to the rv lot where I keep the rig.

Besides the awning problem, today the toilet started to act up. The ball valve wouldn't close all the way and then it wouldn't close. Finally got it to close and now I have another decision to make.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #4

21 Dec. our awning wouldn't go in. Called Billy at Holiday RV in Key Largo.
Great service! Sent someone right out to diagnose the problem. Need new awning motor.
Jamie disabled the motor and rolled up the awning. When unable to get part (christmas and new year) Billy came out to be sure the awning could travel.

Have extended warranty with FR. Now in St Augustine and will try to get this fixed.
Guess this will be our first test of the warranty service.

Will report on the final outcome!

Meanwhile the unit has been good. Always finding better ways to store things and to leave things at home. Make it simple!

We removed the contact paper border and have brightened things up with mirrors and
such!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:31 PM   #5

Cato
Who are you going to get to fix it in St. Augustine? Recommend Dick Gores RV. Bought my Jammer there & they have treated me very good before, during, & after the sale. This is my second TT from them & very pleased & they have handled any work I needed done very well.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #6

Make sure your switch is resetting to the neutral position correctly. If you suspect at all that it isn't properly disengaging, get up on a stool and feel the motor end of the tube. If it's hot, it's probably the switch that fried the motor. Just sayin'
Old 01-04-2016, 08:51 PM   #7

Thanks for all the reply's to the awning that is still not working. I plan to get a rv tech that comes into the lot that we keep the fiver in. He has a good reputation and I will try him for the first time. We have two issues now to repair, one is the awning motor and the other is a new toilet. I have been doing some research on toilets online. I have a Dometic 210 I believe and there is a 310 and a 320 series, which I thing the 320 would be a better choice from most reviewers out there. My buddy has a new Solitude that has the Thetford Aqua magic and he tells me it doesn't seal all the time either, and it is only 8 months old. Not sure what to do about that subject yet.
But as far as the awning goes I have not checked the motor to see if it was hot only because it clicks when the switch is pushed to go in and clicks when pushed to go out. So, it would seem that there is nothing going on when the button is not pushed, I hope. I'll have to let the forum know what took place after it is checked out.
Again Thanks for the replies!
Old 01-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #8

I have an A&E awning that won't extend but there is definitely power getting to the motor for retraction. I suspect the switch but getting one seems to be difficult. I may wait until we're in Florida and contact the closest Flagstaff dealer. We do have extended warranty so if we need a motor, I would hope it would be covered.
Richard, Kincardine, Ontario

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-07-2016, 01:34 PM   #9
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Have you try'd jump'n switch? I put a remote control on this one so don't now use wall switch......can be outside to operate
Old 01-07-2016, 07:56 PM   #10

Had put out our Dometic awning perhaps five times since new. Wouldn't go out last trip. Motor had to be replaced.

Tags
awning