Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Nole Gal

Bedroom tv reception

We recently purchased a used 2010 silverback 29re and cannot get tv reception in bedroom keep getting "no video signal" message on tv. There are two connections on wall, satellite and cable- i assume- although plate is not labeled for either. Pulled plate off wall and wiring is connected. Tv will scan for channels at set up but keeps coming up no video signal. Called previous owner who stated they never set up tv in bedroom ...did he know of an issue and didn't tell us..probably! Help!!!!!!!! Where to start?
OPREEVES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #2

Are you getting a good signal on the other TV? If so the problem is probably in the cable that connects to the two wall plates. Pull off the wall plate at the main tv and check the connections. Do you have the antenna amplifier turned on? There should be a led indicating it has power and is on.
The two connections on the wall plate should be for the antenna and the other for cable or sattelite. Try both, mine were reversed.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #3

My rig had a bad splitter.
It was located behind the livingroom TV in the wall.
I had to remove a plate to get at it.
It was very cheaply made. I replaced it with a good one from Radio Shack.
You might also want to check the connections where the Antenna Amp is.
Two screws held in in place.
There was about 6 cables attached to it and they were all loose.
One of the cables had a loose end and it fell off in my hand.
Since I was already in there I replaced every bit of cable I could reach.

Good luck
Bill

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #4

Might check the TV and ensure that the "channel search" in the setup is set to antenna NOT cable if you are looking for a off the air station. Vise versa if you are connnected to cable. Different receive frequencies.
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Anacortesians

I'm surprised that the bedroom and front end are different, though I'm certainly not an expert on digital over-the-air signals. In our rig, the antenna comes in at the front end, where there's a distribution box. Cable comes in at a connector in the electrical power bay.

You can hook VCR, DVD, antenna, cable and aux to the input side of the box and send whichever signal you want to watch to either to LR or BR TV. Since we don't have a TV in the bedroom at home, I took the one out of the RV bedroom.

Since the front TV is an analog set, I'm looking to pick up a cheap D-A converter. We never needed one at home since we can't get over-the-air signals because we're in an RF "black hole". We have to have cable. RF reception is so bad that, when I drove transit, I couldn't get through to base 20 miles away once I came off the hill down into our neighborhood.

We aren't big TV fans anyway, so even if we can't get it to work, it's no big deal.

Tags
bed, tv reception