Old 12-21-2015, 08:35 PM   #21

B10. B stands for bull

Old 12-21-2015, 09:03 PM   #22

Brentf are you talking to me and what do you think is Bull?

Old 12-21-2015, 09:41 PM   #23

I was just posting a general comment not directed to you but maybe I hit wrong button. I think B10 is an excuse for poor quality not a manufacturing spec unless it is for rotating equipment. Six sigma/Toyota way/ quality is cheaper no excuse for blank tank valves that are bad from the start
Old 12-21-2015, 10:46 PM   #24

Brentf thanks and could not agree with you more. My reply was more about the original post. A lot of times we are quick to throw blame the wrong way. A line builder installed what they thought was a good valve it probably worked ok when it left the plant, but when it failed it immediately became poor quality of a Cedar Creek unit.

If we think for a minute that every other manufacturer does not have these issues just search many of these problems and you will be amazed at how many identical problems show up.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:20 PM   #25

Poor quality is more expensive than high quality. Proven over and over. Don't accept excuses.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentf View Post
I was just posting a general comment not directed to you but maybe I hit wrong button. I think B10 is an excuse for poor quality not a manufacturing spec unless it is for rotating equipment. Six sigma/Toyota way/ quality is cheaper no excuse for blank tank valves that are bad from the start
I was a SIX Sigma Black Belt II, before retiring from where I worked and B10 life is used in all phases of deigning products. Even your famous Toyota uses B10 life targets. If we did not use B10 life targets you could not afford your RV; believe me they would be will over a million dollars each!

Now how do you know that a waste tank valve is bad from the start? Did you use a Ishikawa Diagram to find the root cause of this failure? Failures can occur from many different issues; such as design, manufacturing, purchasing, assembly and end user introduced issues!

Now as I stated before there are only so many gate valve manufactures and they all try to build quality products, if they want to stay in business. It could come down to nothing more than an assembly issue where the cable is not routed correctly, thus causing the valve to fail! Without a root cause investigation we are all just blowing in the wind.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:12 PM   #27

Here's my root cause analysis just off the cuff with no formal training as such ... I think we're getting a bit too caught up in poop valve failures ... relax ... Santa is dragging out the sleigh ... Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2015, 01:06 PM   #28
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Why don't folks just add a clear hose connector.....that way you'd know whats wait'n on you when you remove the cap....or, go barefoot!
Old 12-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #29

The clear connector sorely reminds me of my short ownership of the black one with the gate valve. Someone must have thought it was the accessory of choice because they chose to "borrow" it right off my fiver and not bring it back. I'll not fund someone elses need again ... besides it stuck out a bit more than I liked.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:16 PM   #30
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Put a screw inClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1450811775757.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	320.4 KB
ID:	96623

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tags
black, black tank, tank