Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2017, 05:51 AM   #1

Black Water Flush Valve

I have a 2018 Cedar Creek Hathaway. How can you tell if your black water valve if really working? Can hear water going in, but cant tell if it is spraying around like it is supposed to work.
CAD-on the road again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:58 AM   #2

When I use my Black Tank Flush I can hear the water spraying inside the tank. If it's quiet where your using it, you should be able to put your ear close to the hose connection and listen to the water as it is spraying your tank.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 06:09 AM   #3

I can hear it spraying. But it is supposed to be oscillating like a sprinkler I believe
Old 10-23-2017, 06:13 AM   #4

When you say "Black tank valve" it makes me think of the only black tank valve on my CC Champagne which is the black tank DUMP valve. Water does not spray in from that. Are you trying to dump the black tank or flush it with the hose connection?
Old 10-23-2017, 06:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRickard View Post
I can hear it spraying. But it is supposed to be oscillating like a sprinkler I believe
I doubt that the stock one does that.

With respect to the OPs ? and assuming you are ? black tank rinser, I'd suggest you obtain a clear plastic extension or elbow to go on to the sanitary connection point. That way you'l see what's going on
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:08 AM   #6

I just picked up new 34rl2 checking it out in the drive my black flush water goes to the galley tank
Bosco731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco731 View Post
I just picked up new 34rl2 checking it out in the drive my black flush water goes to the galley tank
The flush/rinse should be for the black tank only. There is no need to flush a gray tank.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:12 AM   #8

I know that. I am saying it is going into galley instead of black tank
Bosco731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:17 AM   #9

Hmmm. ????
Old 10-23-2017, 02:19 PM   #10

I think the flush valve only sprays; I don't think it oscillates. What I do on my 5th is drain the black tank almost empty and then turn on the flush valve. I close the black tank drain valve, let the water build up for 3 or 4 minutes and then pull the drain valve. If you had a clear plastic sewer extension, such as Jeff64 suggests, you would be able to see if your tank is clean when you pull the valve. I repeat this process 3 or 4 times just to make sure.
Larry Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #11

black water vacuum breaker

I have a 2016 Sunseeker 5030s and need to replace the vacuum breaker so I am told. Problem is I can not find it. Does anyone know where it is located on my model?
aztips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Cole View Post
I think the flush valve only sprays; I don't think it oscillates. What I do on my 5th is drain the black tank almost empty and then turn on the flush valve. I close the black tank drain valve, let the water build up for 3 or 4 minutes and then pull the drain valve. If you had a clear plastic sewer extension, such as Jeff64 suggests, you would be able to see if your tank is clean when you pull the valve. I repeat this process 3 or 4 times just to make sure.
X2...

HemiCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:33 PM   #13

Black tank flush

I have a flush in my black tank and the gauge works great. I wish I had one in my gray because it reads 2/3's until it's full
jdkbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Cole View Post
I just assumed that the jet sprayers oscillated so I looked it up online. There are some out there that do oscilate so I am not sure about that. I do similar to Larry except I don't leave the dump valve open when I flush. I am afraid I will get side tracked and forget about it and have an overflow. When I am packing up I dump the tank and start the hose flush while I go on to other things. I leave it running for about 20-30 minutes. I also have a "Y" hose adapter with two 3' hoses so I can leave the water connected for the DW inside while I rinse. Now with the Champagne I don't have to do that any more since it has the hose in the docking station.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwdilday View Post
I just assumed that the jet sprayers oscillated so I looked it up online. There are some out there that do oscilate so I am not sure about that. I do similar to Larry except I don't leave the dump valve open when I flush. I am afraid I will get side tracked and forget about it and have an overflow. When I am packing up I dump the tank and start the hose flush while I go on to other things. I leave it running for about 20-30 minutes. I also have a "Y" hose adapter with two 3' hoses so I can leave the water connected for the DW inside while I rinse. Now with the Champagne I don't have to do that any more since it has the hose in the docking station.
Why don't you just turn on the water pump and use the freshwater tank for the DW?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 12:21 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbrooks View Post
I have a flush in my black tank and the gauge works great. I wish I had one in my gray because it reads 2/3's until it's full

"Quickie Flush" is an after market flush unit that is easy to install and does a good job, ... if installed in the right location, it can be better than the factory flush unit, ... FR mounts their flush units with the shortest run, in my case and probably most all cases, they mount(ed) the spray head just above the black tank drain hole, ... if you/I spray with the drain valve open(as recommended), you are spraying into/against the flow trying to flow out, thus hindering the flow of solids and paper trying to flow out, ... (because of that, I close the tank valve, spray for 1-2 minutes, stop the spray, then open the drain valve and drain, repeat 4-5 times and get as good a cleaning as others do filling and dumping their 30-40 gal. tanks 3 or 4 times, --that's a lot of water!), ... you can mount Quickie Flush on the opposite side of the tank and the spray will then be "with" the flow and actually be a help in pushing solids and paper to the drain hole, ... the spray unit that spins is the "Tornado", they have a bad habit of freezing up and when that happens, I guess you then have a Quickie Flush, ... I've installed QF's in both black and gray tanks, it's an easy mod to do, ...

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-40123-Q...=quickie+flush

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:18 AM   #17
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztips View Post
I have a 2016 Sunseeker 5030s and need to replace the vacuum breaker so I am told. Problem is I can not find it. Does anyone know where it is located on my model?
You need to start a new thread for your problem so that others with your RV type can help. Good luck cause I don’t know where yours would be. Mine was in the bathroom sink cabinet.

Tags
black, black water, flush, valve, water