Old 01-28-2016, 10:50 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flhtcui View Post
We bought the 34RL in Feb 15. We have a 18 c.f. whirlpool residential fridge and have 1000w inverter with 4 6v batteries. I have a CPAP that I use and we are full timers. I run the 1 2000 watt honda gen during the day and shut it down at night and the batteries and fridge are fine. While traveling I forgot to turn on the the inverter and 12 hrs later fidge was still 40 deg and freezer was 20 deg. You got the generators to charge up so have fun.
One quick question - (Background) We have been told that the inverter "Only" Supplies the Fridge. (Question) If so, what modifications did you make to power up your CPAP? We were talking about putting a rigging the Fridge plug so we could use an extension for her CPAP..........

Thanks in Advance!

Dave

Old 01-28-2016, 10:55 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
X2... Battery monitors make you smarter!
Gawd, I hope it does make me smarter.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #33

Gpa-Dave<
One quick question - (Background) We have been told that the inverter "Only" Supplies the Fridge. (Question) If so, what modifications did you make to power up your CPAP? We were talking about putting a rigging the Fridge plug so we could use an extension for her CPAP..........

On CPAP power................. When I first got a CPAP I used an inverter to power it. I later found that my CPAP had an 12 volt adapter power cord that I was able to obtain.
I put a 12 volt "plug" in next to the bed to plug it there. (Some RV units now come with this feature).
I found that it was much more efficient power wise to do this rather than "invert" the 12 volt to 120 volt only to have the power pac on the CPAP to convert it back to 12-18 volts to power the CPAP. Not to mention having to run an extension cord from the inverter to the CPAP in the bedroom, unless you had it set up on a 120 circuit. Not all CPAPs have the 12 volt power pac but it's worth it to check and see if one is available. Less hassle and cheaper, equipment wise and much more power efficient.
IMHO

2008 Rockwood Sig Ultra Lite 8315SS
Livin the Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:40 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livin the Life View Post
Gpa-Dave<

On CPAP power................. When I first got a CPAP I used an inverter to power it. I later found that my CPAP had an 12 volt adapter power cord that I was able to obtain.
I put a 12 volt "plug" in next to the bed to plug it there. (Some RV units now come with this feature).
I found that it was much more efficient power wise to do this rather than "invert" the 12 volt to 120 volt only to have the power pac on the CPAP to convert it back to 12-18 volts to power the CPAP. Not to mention having to run an extension cord from the inverter to the CPAP in the bedroom, unless you had it set up on a 120 circuit. Not all CPAPs have the 12 volt power pac but it's worth it to check and see if one is available. Less hassle and cheaper, equipment wise and much more power efficient.
IMHO
I was kind of thinking that we could do that. I have a 12V plug in the bedroom in our current fifth wheel. Powers the TV that is designed to be pulled out and put outside if outside entertainment is needed.

Thanks!!!

Dave
Old 01-28-2016, 12:55 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpa-Dave View Post
I am hoping the idiot lights that show charge and tank levels works well enough to keep me up to speed.
They are not very accurate at all. I would not count on that as the only way to check the charge on your battery.

Run Free Sweet Riley 2009-2015

Visit our blog for more information and details!
www.kels4g.com
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 05:20 PM   #36

Before I installed my 2nd inverter I used an extension cord from the reefer inverter to power my CPAP. Kinda hokey...out of the inverter bay and through the bedroom window. My reefer inverter is a Xantrex which has two 120V outlets, the reefer only takes one, but mine is a 2000 watt unit.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:50 PM   #37

About 2 days if they are golf cart batteries,. Put some solar panels on the road f and you can extend your boondock get time.

Generators have to run a longer since batteries can't absorb the charge as fast as the gen can cramping it out.

I have 2 Trojan T105's and pull them down 50% with the fridge after 24 hours.

Your truck won't charge the batteries anywhere near what the inverter/fridge will draw them down.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #38

I have four six volt batteries but they are only 105amp. I am taking a short three week trip just to make sure trailer works good before we start our Alaska trip. I may have to pull the cheap batteries out and put in Trojans, but I might not have a choice. I want to turn the power off for one day and see how long the batteries will last. I have generators. I could take the four cheap ones out and install four T-145 in there place and hookup my 3,000 watt inverter, just run two inverters. I wish I could afford AGM batteries and you can't mix batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:04 AM   #39
edt

We found some form of power in all campgrounds except canadan owned state parks may have been 15 or 30 amps
Old 02-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #40

Which works best, a pure sine wave inverter or a modified wave inverter? Would a 2,000 watt work or would you need some larger. A 1,000 watt came on camper and I have a 3,000 watt modified wave inverter that I'm not using

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge