Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2019, 06:45 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2
Broken glass bunk house window

Looking to find where I can get replacement glass for CK 2014 model 36B4. Driver side , bottom bunk house window, frameless window, smoked glass. Need it quick , will pay overnight. Ty
__________________

rbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:03 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbush View Post
Looking to find where I can get replacement glass for CK 2014 model 36B4. Driver side , bottom bunk house window, frameless window, smoked glass. Need it quick , will pay overnight. Ty
Not sure if that would a dealer/Manufacturer item, or a glass shop would be able to assist you. YTry contacting FR ?? or how far from Dealer ??
__________________

TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:28 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2
Broken Glass

Forest River , Cedar Creek, will not sell to general public,They were no help at all. I have go thru dealer. I need glass by this coming Friday. Local glass shop that specializes in RV glass could not help.
rbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 4,228
Never having a broken window, I didn't realize it could be so difficult. Hopefully someone that's dealt with it will chime in shortly and be able to assist you better than I.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,139
Couple of ideas....

https://www.easyrvwindows.com/index.html

https://www.rvglassparts.com/forest-river-2/

Or search. RV frameless window On eBay
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:38 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Eastvale. CA
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbush View Post
Looking to find where I can get replacement glass for CK 2014 model 36B4. Driver side , bottom bunk house window, frameless window, smoked glass. Need it quick , will pay overnight. Ty
It's tempered glass that's bonded to the pivot channel. Almost all, if not all glass shops cannot temper glass. They order it pre-fabricated and tempered from a glass fabricator that has DOT certification for their automotive tempered glass. Your window was most likely made by Lippert and can only be purchased through FR and they do not sell replacement glass, just complete windows. Sizes, models, and tints change frequently so the entire window will need to be removed to get the part number off of the unexposed area of the frame.

Sorry to say, but your chances of getting a matching replacement lite of glass by Friday is pretty slim. Even if you were to acquire a new piece of glass I would almost guarantee that the tint will be slightly different. Probably not enough to notice from the exterior or even other windows from the interior but certainly next to the opposing vent. This is one of the reasons the manufacturers insist on replacing the entire window and not the individual lite.

I suggest ordering the window through a dealer and then fabricating a temporary panel from plastic, acrylic, metal, or something to cover the hole. Even cardboard and tons of tape.
woo10-210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:27 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
I had a similar emergency window replacement problem. I took the window out and had a glass shop fit a plexiglass window pane in the opening. Then I had time for them to order a replacement piece of tempered glass after my camping trip.
sctul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:32 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
TimVWulp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 544
Sorry that your window broke. I had one that broke last summer on the top of the world highway. Below is a thread that I replied to about the frame less windows and how to protect them Post #7.

One window broken, need to replace all 3?

Hope This Helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:42 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4
go to RV Glass

check with Insuance company

check with your warrenty company

All the above will tell you what way to go and who to deal with

Hope you are not in a hurry, ours took over a month to get done
tga1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,848
To order a replacement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo10-210 View Post
It's tempered glass that's bonded to the pivot channel. Almost all, if not all glass shops cannot temper glass. They order it pre-fabricated and tempered from a glass fabricator that has DOT certification for their automotive tempered glass. Your window was most likely made by Lippert and can only be purchased through FR and they do not sell replacement glass, just complete windows. Sizes, models, and tints change frequently so the entire window will need to be removed to get the part number off of the unexposed area of the frame.
Not sure I agree. The Lippert website has a link "Order Replacement Windows" which links directly to this site. The site appears to do business with the general public and it looks like they would overnight it to you if requested.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:06 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Eastvale. CA
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
Not sure I agree. The Lippert website has a link "Order Replacement Windows" which links directly to this site. The site appears to do business with the general public and it looks like they would overnight it to you if requested.

Larry
Thanks. I stand corrected. Looks like LCI refers you to one of their window companies; Duncan. Curious to see what the cost and and lead time would be and then get a quote from FR.
woo10-210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:38 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,848
In both cases...

Quote:
Originally Posted by woo10-210 View Post
Thanks. I stand corrected. Looks like LCI refers you to one of their window companies; Duncan. Curious to see what the cost and and lead time would be and then get a quote from FR.
In both cases, Lippert/Duncan and Forest River, you may be required to buy an entire window, not just the glass.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:44 PM   #13
"Curmudgeon"
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Aurora, NC
Posts: 117
If you have Kinro windows you will need to replace the whole thing (ask me how I know)! call:
Ron "Yogi" Desimone
ParKin Accessories/Conversion Parts Center
2920 Gateway Drive
Elkhart, IN 46514
1-800-637-8938
1-574-264-7574 Ext 205
Fax-574-264-0164
RV Windshields, RV Windows, Shuttle Bus windows,
yogi@parkin-acc.com

I installed my window myself and it wasn't rocket science.
Trawlerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:30 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 4
I have a coachman Miada 35 BH. The two bunkbeds have a side window and they are classified as emergency exits. My copilot failed to give me appropriate directions and in turn the top window met a dumpster and shattered. RV glass is a nationwide network, you can call direct or go through your insurance company and they replaced the glass in my RV.
tga1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 11:48 PM   #15
Novice Travel Trailer Guy
 
benchmarks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by tga1947 View Post
I have a coachman Miada 35 BH. The two bunkbeds have a side window and they are classified as emergency exits. My copilot failed to give me appropriate directions and in turn the top window met a dumpster and shattered. RV glass is a nationwide network, you can call direct or go through your insurance company and they replaced the glass in my RV.
Bahabaha! To much, own up to your own operator error.
__________________

__________________


2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bunk, bunk house, window

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.


×