Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2018, 03:25 PM   #61
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1BAMAFan View Post
I am not the expert (3 years into first 5W) but everything I hear is when you buy from a source other than dealer you want warranty work from, you may well get really slow rolled.
That was not the case for us. FR found us numerous local dealers willing to do the warranty work.
If that hadn't worked, we could've used independent RV shops or mobile RV techs.
Plus saving $4500 would've paid for a lot of service, if we had needed it.
I would have no hesitation to buy a RV from a faraway dealer again.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:09 PM   #62

Yes this is the backlash. I have a dealer 11 miles away, gave them 3 opportunities to match the price or even get close, they refused, followed by the entire rant about "we won't work on your unit... blah, blah, blah. It has worked well for me, I am a DIY guy and the selling dealer has provided great support to the minor issues that have come up and I have learned allot about the details of our camper. But the dealer with the threats was right,,,, They will never work on my unit!
NormTn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:14 PM   #63
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
This is horrible advice. You do realize that every penny you spend to buy local is in essence you PAYING for the 1 year warranty, right? Every time I've bought from RVWholesalers I saved enough that I could buy a 4 year warranty and still save a couple thousand- and this in on a rig that sells for less than $25K.
So you saved some money on the RV...yet blew those savings on the ripoff dealer extended warranty?

Haaaa!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:23 PM   #64

35%

Don’t pay more than 35% over list. Good starting point.
letup27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:28 PM   #65

Funtown RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Band, just checked out the Couch's website - didn't even know that existed - thanks for tipping me off to that

I'm outside of Dallas so from what I can tell funtown rv is the only Cedar Creek dealer around - and I am less than impressed by them based on online reviews and my first CC purchase.

maybe traveling somewhere a bit further out may be the way to go especially since I have no intention of using the dealers service department.

How did couch's handle a trade in for you if you did a trade in?
For what its worth: I purchased a used RV from Damian at Funtown in Waco and couldn't be more pleased with how it went. I drove all the way from Central AZ hoping what was "too good to be true" (unit condition and price), really would be and it was. After taking care of most of the paper work prior they spent a good amount of time walking me through the unit and fixing any discrepancies I had. To top it off when I went to register it DMV needed additional info and the clerk had to call the Funtown office. The needed paperwork was faxed while I waited!
rushpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:20 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
So you saved some money on the RV...yet blew those savings on the ripoff dealer extended warranty?

Haaaa!

Learn to read. Said "could". But didn't. I personally never buy extended warranties. Point was that it is ridiculous to spend thousands to have your "factory warranty" that only lasts 1 year, when you can get an aftermarket one that lasts 4 or 5 years and still save. And, yes, there are some reputable ones out there. I know people that have bought the one through RVWholesalers and they pay and cover with zero issues.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:24 AM   #67

I know several folks who have gotten new air conditioners, new appliances, lots of expensive work, through their extended warranty.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
factory