Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
Travels with puppies

Cable problems....please help

We recently bought a 2007 Cedar Creek Silverback TT. We are on our FIRST trip ever. Have been watching TV thru the satellite with no problem. However, we are in an RV park with a cable hookup but cannot figure out how to get the cable to work. We ran the park cable coax and connected to where it said "cable" on the outside of our trailer. Behind TV...in the cabinet...on the side wall are 2 boxes with two connections in each box. On the top box, the top terminal is marked "satellite aux" the bottom terminal has no markings. This box also has an on and off button.

The bottom box has two gold terminals.......neither are marked.

Where do we plug in what or do we need something else to get the cable at the rv park?

Like I said, no problems using the antenna......but we are missing our weather channel!!!!!

Thanks for any help !!!!!!!

Hank, Jackie and the puppies
jackiestimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
Always Learning

I believe you plug into the un-marked one.

You should NOT have the on/off button (that's an antenna booster and does some magic between directing the cable to TV to/from the antenna vs. the wall-mounted cable connection).

You should have the TV's input set to cable (vs. over-the-air/antenna).

You should need to re-scan for channels.

OR- at least that's what I've gleaned from the forum this year. I've never hooked cable up to my camper.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #3

who ever hooked your satellite up may have rerouted your cable line to satellite tv. That is what my dealer did for me. the other line is for your antenna. Usually the auxiliary is marked cable tv. if they did this you could run a cable wire in through your slide out or a window.
brokenaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
Full Timer

On my 2014 when I hook up on the "cable" spot outside I leave it connected where i receive the antenna signal and just push that button you talked about off then like was said I have to change the tv setting to either antenna or cable and run scan for channels

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote