Old 05-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #1

Can we talk satellite TV?

Here is the deal:
Silverback came with a DISH receiver 211z which supports 1 tv only. That be the main cabin for us. The BR we use antenna and signal is totally weak! UGH!
My TAILGATER, which I bought in February, went defective, and it was replaced yesterday with a new, in the box, one. TG for buying the warranty on that thing!

Since it is NEW IN THE BOX, thinking about trading it UP for the Winegard Anser portable antenna. It supports 2 receivers. Please share any experiences you have recently had with the "Anser"

I happen to unfortunately own 2 nearly new 211z receivers. Question I have is this: I see 2 satellite ports, 1 for main cabin and 1 for BR in the outdoor control hook up box. When the Tailgater worked, it fed thru the outdoor port thru the rv wiring to the back of the 211z which came from Forest River with the build. All was good. BUT, there is a BR port out there and I have yet to locate any wall connector in the BR to tie a co ax cable into for a second separate receiver??

What the heck does one have to do to get 2 separate viewing programs at the same time in a Forest River product?

My Outback was EZ. I took it to the dealership and $225 later, it was rewired and configured. I HOPE this Silverback was better planned than that! (but I have doubts)

Old 05-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
Professional Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
Here is the deal:
Silverback came with a DISH receiver 211z which supports 1 tv only. That be the main cabin for us. The BR we use antenna and signal is totally weak! UGH!
My TAILGATER, which I bought in February, went defective, and it was replaced yesterday with a new, in the box, one. TG for buying the warranty on that thing!

Since it is NEW IN THE BOX, thinking about trading it UP for the Winegard Anser portable antenna. It supports 2 receivers. Please share any experiences you have recently had with the "Anser"

I happen to unfortunately own 2 nearly new 211z receivers. Question I have is this: I see 2 satellite ports, 1 for main cabin and 1 for BR in the outdoor control hook up box. When the Tailgater worked, it fed thru the outdoor port thru the rv wiring to the back of the 211z which came from Forest River with the build. All was good. BUT, there is a BR port out there and I have yet to locate any wall connector in the BR to tie a co ax cable into for a second separate receiver??

What the heck does one have to do to get 2 separate viewing programs at the same time in a Forest River product?

My Outback was EZ. I took it to the dealership and $225 later, it was rewired and configured. I HOPE this Silverback was better planned than that! (but I have doubts)
If you have a wingard faceplate your BR cable is attached to it. All you have to do is separate it and install a plate will the cables you need and use a jumper to feed what you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide2.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	53214   Click image for larger version

Name:	tvmod2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	53215   Click image for larger version

Name:	winguard007.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	53216   Click image for larger version

Name:	modularplate.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	538.9 KB
ID:	53217  

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #3

Got what I need . Tnx. Changing from Tailgater Tuesday to Winegard Anser and feeding 2 separate 211z receivers . All should work out well. Now have to hope CW does the exchange without any issue. Should, the Tailgater box is
unopened.

Tags
satellite