Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob34787 View Post
since I have had both single pane and thermal pane in my 36re and 36 ckts I can say your dealer is an idiot! they look the same. Also after having a 2010 36RE touring edition and now 1 2013 CKTS touring edition I would probably consider another brand. my 2010 was rather problematic and my 2011 Cedar creek ridgeview was so defective they sent horizon transport to my house to take it back to the factory to be rebuilt,( it actually broke down on its way to the factory) and giving forest river the benefit of the doubt we bought our 2013 36 CKTS last july, lived it for 4 months at Fort Wilderness and other than the 2 week trip to the Fort in Feb. it has been in for repairs and not usable.
What problems did you experience?
sidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #22

lets. see, paint peeling off, level up dead, black tank flush leaks into storage bay, a/c in bedroom , all upper cabinet door plungers have pulled out, trailair king pin welded to frame 1.5" out of level, dvd player dead, crack in gelcoat, thermopane window lost its seal, kitchen table finish has developed white staining (and no its not water spots) water line for ice maker froze and cracked while we were camping in Feb. remote for awnings and slides works once in a while ( LCI said the control panel is bad) . I am sure there is more just cant remember right now.
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #23
Full Timer

We needed a bunk model so I bought a CC over the Elite suites because of, several experiences like this, DRV We have had a few problems like that but they were all small and fixed in half a day at a dealership and no problems since. All RVs need things fixed. We had a new American Heritage MH we paid 10 times as much for and you would really rant if you had to have all the things fixed and worked on that a MH like that takes. I love the CC and think its wonderful for the money, and they could upgrade some of the small things.

Ford Western Hauler
2013 CC 36B4
life2short4nofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #24

What kind of troubles have you had with your 36 CKTS, Bob?

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #25

look at post #22. thinking of going to a KZ next
Old 04-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #26
Certified Curmudgeon

Wow Bob,
That's a lot of bad luck on a lot of units in a short period of time. Aside from the fact that there is no "Cedar Creek Ridgeview" I would be curious to know what is keeping your 36CKTS in the shop for so long. As for the Ridgeview, I'll assume it was a Chevy which explains all. LOL

ps. Looked at the KZ Stoneridge. It didn't measure up. Escalade is discontinued.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #27

I had the black tank flush leaking into the storage bay. That was a coupling at the top of the bay. I tightened it and it is now good. The kitchen table turned white after putting hot food on paper plates on it. I'm going to give it a good polyurethane coating to fix that. They didn't have any protective coating on it, so that is expected. My bedroom AC was short cycling and that is because the sensor on the ceiling was cooling down too fast due to air flow on it. I packed it in foam rubber and solved that! I haven't had any of the other troubles that you have had, Bob. I hope they make it right for you. Of the troubles that I have had, I'm just disappointed that they didn't have any protective finish on the table.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:25 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
I had the black tank flush leaking into the storage bay. That was a coupling at the top of the bay. I tightened it and it is now good. The kitchen table turned white after putting hot food on paper plates on it. I'm going to give it a good polyurethane coating to fix that. They didn't have any protective coating on it, so that is expected. My bedroom AC was short cycling and that is because the sensor on the ceiling was cooling down too fast due to air flow on it. I packed it in foam rubber and solved that! I haven't had any of the other troubles that you have had, Bob. I hope they make it right for you. Of the troubles that I have had, I'm just disappointed that they didn't have any protective finish on the table.
I am just tired of using my coach for a few weeks than taking it in for service, than using it , than take it back for service. I have owned a 2008 airstreasm 28' safari, the 2010 cedar creek 36 Re touring, 2011 forest river ridgeview and now the 2013 36 CKTS the only one that I would recommend as having some pride in its construction was the airstream, I have bought all 4 in less than 4 years looking for the one that is built well and fits our needs, I guess the search continues, but it will not be another FR product. my wife will not allow it. Maybe she will feel different when we see it again but for now it sits waiting for parts.