Old 09-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #1

CC quality

Purchased a CC Champaign 38el in April 2018. First time we extended the dinette awning it had a hole in it. The main air conditioner worked one day, refrigerator door tray was for another model...would not lock in place, bathroom drawer would not close without spending time working with it. Main door fob worked but bolt would not extend far enough to lock door.

The above issues should have been discovered at the factory before sending to dealer. With that said, when we looked at the trailer the lights above dinning room table did not work. Dealer stated that they would go over the trailer prior to delivery and insure everything worked. Clearly they didn't go over the trailer, however, the light was fixed.

Scheduled appointment with dealer to perform all the warranty issues (had to wait one month before they would take it). Dealer has trailer now for three weeks, all items fixed with exception of awning and bathroom drawer. Now the dealer is saying it could take up to eight weeks for awning and bathroom drawer parts, which must come from CC.

Tdunn852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #2

I would go get my camper and let the dealer call me when the parts come in

spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdunn852 View Post
Purchased a CC Champaign 38el in April 2018. First time we extended the dinette awning it had a hole in it. The main air conditioner worked one day, refrigerator door tray was for another model...would not lock in place, bathroom drawer would not close without spending time working with it. Main door fob worked but bolt would not extend far enough to lock door.

The above issues should have been discovered at the factory before sending to dealer. With that said, when we looked at the trailer the lights above dinning room table did not work. Dealer stated that they would go over the trailer prior to delivery and insure everything worked. Clearly they didn't go over the trailer, however, the light was fixed.

Scheduled appointment with dealer to perform all the warranty issues (had to wait one month before they would take it). Dealer has trailer now for three weeks, all items fixed with exception of awning and bathroom drawer. Now the dealer is saying it could take up to eight weeks for awning and bathroom drawer parts, which must come from CC.
We have had the same problems, it's incredible that they can build these things in 3,4 day's but when any parts or factory worker had to be done it takes 8weeks plus. Let's all get together as a body and turn up at cc factory and blockade it. People Power,or just stop buying the cc rubbish!!
eddy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #4

Purchased the CC Champaign based on personal feedback and reviews. Really liked the floor plan.

When you purchase a product that cost as much as this rig did, you expect a fairly quality product.

Hopefully, the dealer can fix all issues and that will be that. But, I must admit, I am concerned about future issues. To soon to trade in...

CC needs to do a better job with internal factory QC prior to shipping. Also, they need to respond quicker to resolve warranty issues.

Based on my experience, my next fifth wheel will not be CC.
Tdunn852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #5
Enjoying Life

Before you wait for the 8 weeks for parts, contact CC parts directly and confirm the parts problem. Too many times it has been discovered that it was not the manufacturer but the dealer which was the problem.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” - Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967
TeachTexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdunn852 View Post
Purchased the CC Champaign based on personal feedback and reviews. Really liked the floor plan.

When you purchase a product that cost as much as this rig did, you expect a fairly quality product.

Hopefully, the dealer can fix all issues and that will be that. But, I must admit, I am concerned about future issues. To soon to trade in...

CC needs to do a better job with internal factory QC prior to shipping. Also, they need to respond quicker to resolve warranty issues.

Based on my experience, my next fifth wheel will not be CC.

I would buy another Cedar Creek in a heartbeat if I can option in a rear cap. The Cedar Creek factory has been very good to us.
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:40 PM   #7

I've never waited long for parts from CC. I've waited a long time for parts a dealer is 'waiting on'. Sounds to me like your blame is misplaced. But buy whatever you want. Hope that purchase goes better for you.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:34 PM   #8

Being in the car business for over 30 years with a domestic brand I have seen awful become pretty darn good, and in my opinion it was due largely to better quality foreign competition forcing the issue (sad). In the RV business there has never been foreign competition to wake up our manufacturers, and until that happens this is what we are going to be dealing with. I have had rigs from 4 different providers and CC is no worse than the others (in my opinion). Quality control is not even close to where it needs to be for sure, that being said I will keep buying them until I can't do it anymore because the the enjoyment outweighs the sometimes poor quality control. Good luck and hopefully this initial "pain" will be the worst of it.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I would buy another Cedar Creek in a heartbeat if I can option in a rear cap. The Cedar Creek factory has been very good to us.
Lucky you.
eddy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:19 AM   #10

Tdunn852, Work with the factory. With prior approval, the folks at the factory allow mobile techs to fix things. There is a dealer in Texas, that does a great job at selling the unit, not so much fixing it.
PM me if you need more details.

CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality