Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #1

CC quality

Purchased a CC Champaign 38el in April 2018. First time we extended the dinette awning it had a hole in it. The main air conditioner worked one day, refrigerator door tray was for another model...would not lock in place, bathroom drawer would not close without spending time working with it. Main door fob worked but bolt would not extend far enough to lock door.

The above issues should have been discovered at the factory before sending to dealer. With that said, when we looked at the trailer the lights above dinning room table did not work. Dealer stated that they would go over the trailer prior to delivery and insure everything worked. Clearly they didn't go over the trailer, however, the light was fixed.

Scheduled appointment with dealer to perform all the warranty issues (had to wait one month before they would take it). Dealer has trailer now for three weeks, all items fixed with exception of awning and bathroom drawer. Now the dealer is saying it could take up to eight weeks for awning and bathroom drawer parts, which must come from CC.
Tdunn852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #2

I would go get my camper and let the dealer call me when the parts come in
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdunn852 View Post
Purchased a CC Champaign 38el in April 2018. First time we extended the dinette awning it had a hole in it. The main air conditioner worked one day, refrigerator door tray was for another model...would not lock in place, bathroom drawer would not close without spending time working with it. Main door fob worked but bolt would not extend far enough to lock door.

The above issues should have been discovered at the factory before sending to dealer. With that said, when we looked at the trailer the lights above dinning room table did not work. Dealer stated that they would go over the trailer prior to delivery and insure everything worked. Clearly they didn't go over the trailer, however, the light was fixed.

Scheduled appointment with dealer to perform all the warranty issues (had to wait one month before they would take it). Dealer has trailer now for three weeks, all items fixed with exception of awning and bathroom drawer. Now the dealer is saying it could take up to eight weeks for awning and bathroom drawer parts, which must come from CC.
We have had the same problems, it's incredible that they can build these things in 3,4 day's but when any parts or factory worker had to be done it takes 8weeks plus. Let's all get together as a body and turn up at cc factory and blockade it. People Power,or just stop buying the cc rubbish!!
eddy53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #4

Purchased the CC Champaign based on personal feedback and reviews. Really liked the floor plan.

When you purchase a product that cost as much as this rig did, you expect a fairly quality product.

Hopefully, the dealer can fix all issues and that will be that. But, I must admit, I am concerned about future issues. To soon to trade in...

CC needs to do a better job with internal factory QC prior to shipping. Also, they need to respond quicker to resolve warranty issues.

Based on my experience, my next fifth wheel will not be CC.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:45 PM   #5
Enjoying Life

Before you wait for the 8 weeks for parts, contact CC parts directly and confirm the parts problem. Too many times it has been discovered that it was not the manufacturer but the dealer which was the problem.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Purchased the CC Champaign based on personal feedback and reviews. Really liked the floor plan.

When you purchase a product that cost as much as this rig did, you expect a fairly quality product.

Hopefully, the dealer can fix all issues and that will be that. But, I must admit, I am concerned about future issues. To soon to trade in...

CC needs to do a better job with internal factory QC prior to shipping. Also, they need to respond quicker to resolve warranty issues.

Based on my experience, my next fifth wheel will not be CC.

I would buy another Cedar Creek in a heartbeat if I can option in a rear cap. The Cedar Creek factory has been very good to us.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #7

I've never waited long for parts from CC. I've waited a long time for parts a dealer is 'waiting on'. Sounds to me like your blame is misplaced. But buy whatever you want. Hope that purchase goes better for you.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:34 PM   #8

Being in the car business for over 30 years with a domestic brand I have seen awful become pretty darn good, and in my opinion it was due largely to better quality foreign competition forcing the issue (sad). In the RV business there has never been foreign competition to wake up our manufacturers, and until that happens this is what we are going to be dealing with. I have had rigs from 4 different providers and CC is no worse than the others (in my opinion). Quality control is not even close to where it needs to be for sure, that being said I will keep buying them until I can't do it anymore because the the enjoyment outweighs the sometimes poor quality control. Good luck and hopefully this initial "pain" will be the worst of it.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I would buy another Cedar Creek in a heartbeat if I can option in a rear cap. The Cedar Creek factory has been very good to us.
Lucky you.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:19 AM   #10

Tdunn852, Work with the factory. With prior approval, the folks at the factory allow mobile techs to fix things. There is a dealer in Texas, that does a great job at selling the unit, not so much fixing it.
PM me if you need more details.
CC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:36 AM   #11

We also purchased a 38el in April 2018. We have lived full time in it since May 2018. We have had one minor issue that was parts were quickly delivered to me and I installed.

I concur with the dealer comments. I would purchase another CC product in a heartbeat. So no I will not be joining any group protest.
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy53 View Post
Lucky you.

I don’t think luck has anything to do with it. When I have a problem with my Creek I first called the dealer, then I called the factory. I always talked nice when talking to the people at the factory.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy53 View Post
Lucky you.
Lucky us too... CC factory has been very good to us also.

Also, our dealer (Tri-Am RV in Ocala,FL) has also been very good to us.

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:03 PM   #14

Thank you for all the comments...greatly appreciated.

Our prior rigs have been Airstreams, not use to these issues so soon. Purchased the CC for more room since we plan on going full time shortly.

I truly hope my CC issues are a rarity and will not have anymore issues.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:32 PM   #15

Quote:
Thank you for all the comments...greatly appreciated.

Our prior rigs have been Airstreams, not use to these issues so soon. Purchased the CC for more room since we plan on going full time shortly.

I truly hope my CC issues are a rarity and will not have anymore issues.

Look if you ever have any problems with your Cedar Creek and can get to Topeka, check out Amish Family RV, Orvan Fry. Knows Cedar Creek inside and out. We plan to stop by on our trip from North Carolina to Alaska next year.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:45 AM   #16

We are on our third Cedar Creek 1st was a 2001 Cedar Creek 36RLTS second was a 2007 37RDQS now third is a 2011 36RE touring edition. Over the last 15 years I have been to Indiana and the CC factory 5 times always say they build these things to fast. One issue is the do not make their workers stay a set number of hours but when they get there quota for the day done they can leave and go work on their farms.
That being said over all after looking at countless brands before buying our next RV we always come back to Cedar Creek for the money we think it was our best buy.
I have had work done at the CC plant a few times and was always happy I believe they stopped doing work and not outsource their warranty work not positive.
All the RV brands have issues even the million dollar motor coaches.
I know from experience finding a good RV dealer is hard to do they sell these and forget you. Most are to busy and it takes to long to get anything done.
I am happy to say I found a good dealer but they are expensive and it still takes a long time to get an appointment and then get your RV back.
The dealers have all kinds of excuses they blame the RV MFG but usually the real problem is the dealer is busy and does not get your RV into work on as scheduled.

Would be buy our 4th Cedar Creek yes would it have issues yes as they all do.

If you find a good dealer stick with them I do not min d paying top dollar but expect things to be done right the dealer I use now does things right at least so far.

The best of luck and the key to these RV's is preventive maintenance and more preventive maintenance. After you own one for a few years you get to know how ling parts will last so I get mine replaced before they go bad. My wheel bearings are original so I am getting them replaced before our 4000 mile trip comes up this year just an example and just my 2 cents.

Happy RVing to you enjoy and do not rush do not say maybe next year as next year may never come a year and a half ago I was told I have 3 months to live had ALL Phil positive happy to report after my stem cell transplant I am still on this earth and enjoying my RV as much as my blood cancer treatments let me.
When I was told I could die in 3 months I was sooooooooo happy we took all the LONG trips around the USA and canada that we did. If not for our 1st RV we never would have seen the places we have been to. Agent Orange is killing our aging Vietnam veterans. So is the contaminated Camp Lejune drinking water I was exposed to both during my years in the Marines.

Life's to short to spend it all in place!
Medically Retired Marine Semper fi
Brucecav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #17

Quote:

Cc are simply Rubbish, I think the Chinese could build them better.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:30 PM   #18

And what does Eddy own and recommend for a RV?
narrowsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrowsboy View Post
And what does Eddy own and recommend for a RV?
Probably a Jayco!

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 04:02 PM   #20

Called CC customer service and left message explaining my issues. They returned my call within an hour, very pleasant and personable. Explained that parts were shipped and scheduled delivery at dealer on 10/1.

They researched my issues prior to returning my call and knew exactly what parts I was calling about without knowing my trailer vin #. Gave me tracking number so I could follow shipment.

I was very impressed with CC's response. Should have called them first week instead of listening to dealer.

Tags
quality