Old 11-16-2019, 12:48 PM   #1

Cedar Creek 2013

The large back window shape fell down while traveling. The bracket that holds the shape on the right side broke. How hard is it to replace the bracket that holds the shade? I see three screws going to the wall and I thing I see one that screws into the top of the valance. I donít think I need to remove the valance to get this but just wanted to ask if anyone has had to replace this brackets on their unit.

rrekosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #2

I have had to replace several window shade brackets on my 2016, Cedar Creek. I contacted Irvine Shade And Door Company for the shade support brackets. See attached link, Slow-Rise Roller Shades : Irvine Shade and Door

In replacing these I have found it is easier to remove the Valance to access the bracket and snapping the window shade into place. The first time I tried to do this I did not remove the valance. After an hour of trying to reinstall the window shade I took the valance down.

I also used an extension to access the screw to the top of the bracket so, the power driver would not rub the shade or valance.

Just my opinion.

Old 11-17-2019, 11:06 AM   #3

2013 CC fifth wheel

Thanks for the input. How hard is it to remove the valance? Where about are the screws at to remove the valance?
Old 11-17-2019, 11:15 AM   #4

Jim

Also, I see two brackets a small and large. What size did you order.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #5

OK, this maybe a little "wordy".
First, I ordered the larger size as these have the same hole in the bracket as my failed one had at the front. The bracket also mounts to the wall which is another feature I used to determine the correct one.

Now in removing the Valance. You will need to remove all of the screws in the brackets that have screw in the vertical position (attaching the bracket to the Valance and passing into the roof). I than look for screws that are position in the inside of the Valance, as it is against the wall (short legs). There is usually two screws buried in the material of the Valance, I used an LED flashlight to find them. After all of the screws have been removed just slide the Valance off.

I also used a number 1 and number 2 Roberts drive to remove and reinstall the screw.

I hope this helps?
Old 11-18-2019, 10:30 AM   #6

Thanks

This information is great. Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me.

Ron
Old 11-19-2019, 11:07 AM   #7

2013 Cedar Creek

I call the company you spoke about. They said they would send out the brackets to me. I asked them what the price was, and they told me they donít see to the public, but they will send them out. I found that strange, but I asked again, if they are sending them out to my address, and they stand yes. So again, thanks for the information.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:23 AM   #8

The policy of the company is to sell through distributors. Since they do not do retail to the general public, they are not set-up for aftermarket sales! I also believe they warranty the shades and components for life!

The reason I did not state that the parts might be shipped for free, is their policy might have changed.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:43 AM   #9

2013 Cedar Creek

Thanks good to know. They were very nice, it just threw me off when they didnít charge me. I have the same brackets as you, the large #5 for my slow rollers. Again thank you for everything, you were a great help.

Ron

Tags
2013, cedar creek