Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2017, 03:25 PM   #1

Cedar Creek 2013 Silverback

I've been looking at several different models and manufacturers of 5th wheels to replace our current rig. I've recently been looking at Silverbacks and want to know what the quality rating scale is of these 5th wheels. I'm referring to a good, better, best type of rating. From what I've been able to search for the Silverbacks seem to be in the higher middle to highest regarding quality, standard options, and user satisfaction. Any insight from current or past owners is appreciated.
Semi-Retired February 3, 2014
Bob & Cindy
Lvn2tvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:42 PM   #2

Also this is the only one that I've seen the sliders with a ridge. Was this design a good or bad idea?
Semi-Retired February 3, 2014
Bob & Cindy
Lvn2tvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #3

We just our 2017 Silverback and one of the key features that sold us was the peaked slides it makes the living space much bigger.
K4DCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:24 PM   #4

We have 2015, 31RK Silverback. Love it. Couple of small issues when new. Nothing big.
ba964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvn2tvl View Post
Also this is the only one that I've seen the sliders with a ridge. Was this design a good or bad idea?

Too bad they have not figured out to make ALL the slideouts peaked

Cedar Creek still has a flat roof slide in the Silverback fridge slide outs.....the rest of the slides in a unit will be peaked but not the one with the fridge

But....a Silverback is still an amazing unit and definitely in contention for our next upgrade
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:46 PM   #6

We have been very happy with our 29RE. The quality of the fit and finish seemed to be better than most we looked at. We bought ours to travel with (not sit in a park), so things like the auto leveling and being able to get to the bathroom and bedroom with the slides in help when we are on the road. Ours has the gable slides on the dining and bed slide, it does add to the headroom and we have had no issues with the slides. Overall we would recommend a Silverback to anyone, everything works as it should, check out their web-site for the build video, impressive. Hope this helps. God Bless
'13 GMC 2500HD
Duramax/Allison
Otegoans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #7

The wife and I really love the Silverbacks, the one issue that stopped me from buying one and purchasing a Cardinal instead was the Peaked slid out right by the front door. When it rains all the water is going to dump right by the front door and if it rains hard enough like it has this year you could have a swimming pool at the bottom of the stairs. Other than that they are a beautiful and quality built unit.
No more shoveling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by No more shoveling View Post
The wife and I really love the Silverbacks, the one issue that stopped me from buying one and purchasing a Cardinal instead was the Peaked slid out right by the front door. When it rains all the water is going to dump right by the front door and if it rains hard enough like it has this year you could have a swimming pool at the bottom of the stairs. Other than that they are a beautiful and quality built unit.
Not all Silverbacks are made the same. We are in our 6th season with our Silverback and we have never experienced any problems with the rain. It would take poor campground drainage and a torrential downpour to cause that problem.

I think the Silverback line is a great RV at it's price point.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:29 PM   #9

Hi,

All three slides are peaked on my 2014 Silverback. That feature really adds to the feeling of spaciousness inside.

At first, I worried a bit about water coming off the main slide so close to the door. But we are in our third year with the unit, and all we've ever seen is water down the side of the slide -- none pitching off and interfering with entry and exit.

Wish we could get into the refer with the slide in, and that the woodwork was a bit lighter. (It seems manufacturers are totally sold on dark interiors. How many new rigs do you walk into, and feel like you're in a cave?)

But I digress. Overall, we're pretty satisfied with it.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:46 PM   #10

We RVed for 2 years in a 2013 Silverback 29 RE. We thought the quality and finish was definitely better to best. Great floorplan and we loved the gabled slide outs. We just sold it to get into a Georgetown motor home which was going to fit our needs better.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
Hi,

All three slides are peaked on my 2014 Silverback. That feature really adds to the feeling of spaciousness inside.

At first, I worried a bit about water coming off the main slide so close to the door. But we are in our third year with the unit, and all we've ever seen is water down the side of the slide -- none pitching off and interfering with entry and exit.

Wish we could get into the refer with the slide in, and that the woodwork was a bit lighter. (It seems manufacturers are totally sold on dark interiors. How many new rigs do you walk into, and feel like you're in a cave?)

But I digress. Overall, we're pretty satisfied with it.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips
X2...

.I understand you can pre order one with light wood interior..I know the CC Cottage has both options........................................... ...J
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #12

We have a 2018 Silverback 33IK that we ordered in March and picked up over the Memorial Day weekend. When we ordered ours, there was no option for lighter cabinets or woodwork. Other than a small leak in the back flush line, we've not been able to find anything wrong with ours. We love it.
2017 RAM 3500 SRW
Bob_Sback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #13

I like the cabinetry in our 2013 Silverback 29RL.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170727_170914.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	146270

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 07-27-2017, 05:47 PM   #14

Silverback 37bh

We purchased our 2017 37 BH silverback last April. My wife and I did a 2 day PDI, found 41 items, all fit and finish items. Nothing with major systems. Dealer fixed all fit and finish items to our satisfaction. The amenities in the 5th wheeler are amazing. The storage areas are more than adequate. The residential refrigerator is definitely the way to go. 2 bathrooms with the extra bedroom is great for family or guests. The only thing I changed was the kitchen faucet, which irked me the way it wouldnt stay centered. Replaced with a very nice delta faucet from lowes. After 18 months we are very happy with the silverback 37BH. And no I don't work for forest river 🤣
litespan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:44 AM   #15

We are on season 3 with our 2015 29IK. Just came home yesterday in fact. Other than a few problems with some of the LED lights (which the manufacturer replaced and I installed) it's been trouble free mechanically. The build quality is far superior to a 2013 Keystone Cougar that we previously owned. (now IMHO that one was a horrible rig) The cathedral slides are a great feature. They make it roomier and are great for drainage in rain. The six point Level-up system is best thing since canned beer. The only problem that we've had is fading of the front cap near the top and that's not uncommon with these and many other brands. In fifteen years of RVing this is our fourth fifth wheel and we've learned that there are no perfect ones. RVing, like life in general is all about compromise. For what it's worth we would definitely buy another one.

Cheers
6.6 Duramax / Allison 1000
Flatlander49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:02 PM   #16

We have had ours for 2 seasons, after dragging ours all around Texas i would say its in the Better range. Its been a good rig so far. To get the best rig your going to have to triple up on the budget.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:31 AM   #17

We own a 2012 Silverback 29RE the only problem I have had is with the electrical system, I have had to replace two inverters, thankfully they both were covered by the aftermarket warranty. Other than that we have been more than satisfied with our unit, the peaked roofs really make the place seem bigger. I would not hesitate to recommend a Silverback to anyone.
Gunny7041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 10:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny7041 View Post
We own a 2012 Silverback 29RE the only problem I have had is with the electrical system, I have had to replace two inverters, thankfully they both were covered by the aftermarket warranty. Other than that we have been more than satisfied with our unit, the peaked roofs really make the place seem bigger. I would not hesitate to recommend a Silverback to anyone.
Inverters or converters? We just had our converter replaced this year.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 08-09-2017, 11:13 AM   #19

Converter, my mistake
Gunny7041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #20

We love our 33IK. It's MUCH better built than our previous SOB. The CO2 detector failed and the dealer sent me one and an LED light began flickering and the factory sent me a replacement along with a spare in case another one failed. We are really pleased with the Cedar Creek and would also recommend them.
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
markfromark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, cedar creek