Old 07-08-2015, 12:06 PM   #11
QUICK SELL YOUR RV!! Or buy a Freightliner, Peterbilt or Mack tractor!!
I have CASH and will offer $20,000 to ease your concern and pain! Of course, my offer is contingent upon full inspection, transfer of factory warranty and other things I may come up with. 👿
If you get soooo wrapped up in all of these concerns, it will translate into tow fear for you and family!
You have plenty of truck! You may want to beef up the suspension to eliminate squat!
Every person on this forum has their OPINION. ( including me ).
I have a 2015 33rl and have been all over Timbuctoo and back and big trips planned this fall. My prior unit was a 37 ft Keystone, triple slide, same tow vehicle all x country, up mountains, down mountains, ice storms in Texas, sand storms in Arizona and roughest roads outside of Alaska ( Pennsylvania ).
You need 4 things:
* confidence
* minimal squat for good front tire road contact and steering.
* total surge protection
* Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Go forth and learn to adjust as you go!
Relax, this is SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!
Remember, there are resources all over the USA. You are not alone out there!!

SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #12
Hope this isn't off the subject. We just picked up our new 2016 silverback 29re. I have ram boxes so a sidewinder king pin was installed at the dealer. When I got home…200 miles away approx, the sidewinder was off center a tad and made unhitching a little difficult. Do i just hammer it back in line so when I re hook up all is strait?? Thanks for your help!

silverback16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:53 AM   #13
What some people forget is we are not truckers, we pull a RV. I have never weighed my Cedar Creek and never expect too, my Silverado 3500 pulls camper just fine and a 2500 would pull just as good. I think a TPMS is more important than worrying about weight, I have LT tires and a surge suppressor and a TPMS, I don't worry about weight, I just have fun. Now if DOT in each state wants to make money then they can start weighting rvs, they would make a ton, the only thing is when I drove a truck I dodged all the scales.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 11:37 PM   #14
My buddy just bought a 29RE pulls with 2500 long box dodge gas not a problem.

Gitiup is offline   Reply With Quote

cedar creek, weight